Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Battle of the Seasons - Showdown

A forum for Frasier and Frasier-related games / polls / quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum.

Battle of the Seasons - Best Overall Episode?

The Two Mrs Cranes
15%
Shrink Rap
No votes
The Matchmaker
No votes
Flour Child
No votes
Kisses Sweeter than Wine
No votes
Mixed Doubles
No votes
The Adventures of Bad Boy and Dirty Girl
4%
The Last Time I Saw Maris
No votes
Dad Loves Sherry, the Boys Just Whine
No votes
Back Talk
4%
Seat of Power
No votes
Come Lie with Me
No votes
Moondance
12%
The Ski Lodge
8%
Room Service
No votes
Look Before You Leap
No votes
Daphne's Room
8%
Ham Radio
23%
Give Him the Chair
No votes
Breaking the Ice
No votes
Travels with Martin
No votes
Author, Author
No votes
The Innkeepers
4%
My Coffee with Niles
23%

Total votes : 26

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sat May 26, 2007 10:16 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:They have plenty of fans. You've probably actually met plenty without knowing it. it's not something you'd ask everybody you come into contact with, is it? Is it!!!? :lol:

No, but I make my feelings about them clear and see how people react.

But if the mainstream view was that the Smiths were a fine group, would you question it?
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat May 26, 2007 10:18 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:They have plenty of fans. You've probably actually met plenty without knowing it. it's not something you'd ask everybody you come into contact with, is it? Is it!!!? :lol:

But if the mainstream view was that the Smiths were a fine group, would you question it?

probably not. the mainstream view is that they were a fine group, isn't it? if they said they were the best though, i might find room to argue.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby DHP » Sat May 26, 2007 10:20 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:

I agree with MC, this is taking a statement made in jest and over-analysing it a bit now.

In the spirit of getting back on track, how about the suggestion mentioned earlier about having a face-off for My Coffee With Niles and Ham Radio for the sake of those who didn't vote for either of those episodes? Anyone else think that's a good idea?
Goodnight Seattle, we love ya!!!
DHP

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sat May 26, 2007 10:21 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:probably not. the mainstream view is that they were a fine group, isn't it?

I suppose it is. But if I agree with the mainstream view, then I never question it. Also, if the mainstream view was that you are the sexiest man in Britain, you wouldn't question that, would you? :)
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat May 26, 2007 10:22 pm

DHP wrote:
Bee Gees Fan wrote:

I agree with MC, this is taking a statement made in jest and over-analysing it a bit now.

In the spirit of getting back on track, how about the suggestion mentioned earlier about having a face-off for My Coffee With Niles and Ham Radio for the sake of those who didn't vote for either of those episodes? Anyone else think that's a good idea?

It's worth a punt isn't it? You can never have too many polls about Frasier episodes :)

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat May 26, 2007 10:22 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:probably not. the mainstream view is that they were a fine group, isn't it?

I suppose it is. But if I agree with the mainstream view, then I never question it. Also, if the mainstream view was that you are the sexiest man in Britain, you wouldn't question that, would you? :)

:lol: I'd probably question the mental capabilities of the people who voted that - flattering as it would be ;)

Why, have you been floating over to see me?

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby DHP » Sat May 26, 2007 10:23 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:It's worth a punt isn't it? You can never have too many polls about Frasier episodes :)

It could also prove to be the elusive poll that many seem to be seeking - the one that will dethrone Ham Radio. Thinking about it, I'm not sure why one-on-one face-offs haven't been done before for just two episodes. Although you couldn't just pick two episodes for the sake of it, there'd have to be some common ground, like here where there is clear grounds for debate over which is best of the two.
DHP

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sat May 26, 2007 10:23 pm

Moon-Crane wrote::lol: I'd probably question the mental capabilities of the people who voted that - flattering as it would be ;)

I wonder who that title would go to?

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat May 26, 2007 10:25 pm

DHP wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:It's worth a punt isn't it? You can never have too many polls about Frasier episodes :)

It could also prove to be the elusive poll that many seem to be seeking - the one that will dethrone Ham Radio. Thinking about it, I'm not sure why one-on-one face-offs haven't been done before for just two episodes. Although you couldn't just pick two episodes for the sake of it, there'd have to be some common ground, like here where there is clear grounds for debate over which is best of the two.

Sounds like a plan - certainly offers plenty of scope for future polls. I do expect Ham to still win in a 'face-off'. I'm not really that maddened by it though :) It would be worse if The Wizard And Roz, or Some Assembly Required kept winning for some bizarre reason. I would believe I was in Hell then :lol:

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby DHP » Sat May 26, 2007 10:27 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:
DHP wrote:

Sounds like a plan - certainly offers plenty of scope for future polls. I do expect Ham to still win in a 'face-off'. I'm not really that maddened by it though :) It would be worse if The Wizard And Roz, or Some Assembly Required kept winning for some bizarre reason. I would believe I was in Hell then :lol:

Same here really, it'd just be interesting to see which way people who voted for the likes of Daphne's Room and The Two Mrs Cranes etc went.
DHP

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat May 26, 2007 11:06 pm

DHP wrote:

They do it regularly over at 'the other place'. I've thought about starting something similar here but I'd like it to be done in an original way rather than just the ep vs. ep format, which I must admit works quite well.
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sat May 26, 2007 11:07 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:They do it regularly over at 'the other place'.

FM?

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat May 26, 2007 11:10 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:They do it regularly over at 'the other place'.

FM?

Yeah. You must have seen those threads?
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sat May 26, 2007 11:14 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:Yeah. You must have seen those threads?

It's been a while since I've been there. I should go again; I always thought it was a pretty site.

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat May 26, 2007 11:16 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:I always thought it was pretty shite.

Yeah, me too.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sat May 26, 2007 11:19 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:
DHP wrote:

They do it regularly over at 'the other place'. I've thought about starting something similar here but I'd like it to be done in an original way rather than just the ep vs. ep format, which I must admit works quite well.

True, but over there, they do it with "similar" episodes.

The current one being I Hate Frasier Crane vs. High Crane Drifter

Doing something like Ham Radio vs. My Coffee With Niles (which have absolutely nothing in common) would be completely different.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sat May 26, 2007 11:19 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:Yeah, me too.

Careful!

I bet people from FM come here.

It's a nice place, I think. Although sadly, FO and FM seem to be deadly rivals. :(

Bee Gees Fan

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sat May 26, 2007 11:22 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:

Careful!

It's a nice place, I think. Although sadly, FO and FM seem to be deadly rivals. :(

I post in both places but I post much more here than I do there. Mostly because a great deal of the conversation over there is DHP focused.

I was a member there before I was a member here but I think my post count there is less than 200.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby DHP » Sat May 26, 2007 11:22 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:
DHP wrote:

True, but over there, they do it with "similar" episodes.

The current one being I Hate Frasier Crane vs. High Crane Drifter

Doing something like Ham Radio vs. My Coffee With Niles (which have absolutely nothing in common) would be completely different.

It's perhaps not necessary to do it as a regular thing, but in this instance it would be good to see where the votes fell from people who voted for other episodes instead of the two titans of this poll.
DHP

Postby Rodge » Sat May 26, 2007 11:26 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:
DHP wrote:

Anyway, I got the idea from the French elections, not from an inappropriately garish Frasier site! However I do feel that we should check that Cakey is OK with it as he has done all the hard work so far!
My fine is over £700 !! (",)
Rodge

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat May 26, 2007 11:30 pm

Rob wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:
DHP wrote:

Anyway, I got the idea from the French elections, not from an inappropriately garish Frasier site! However I do feel that we should check that Cakey is OK with it as he has done all the hard work so far!

Well, it can be like the Mutiny On The Bounty if he doesn't ok it :lol: (he can have the honour of setting it up, i should think)

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun May 27, 2007 2:38 am

Bee Gees Fan wrote:

Careful!

Nah, the FM people know I'm only joking, and don't take anything I say too seriously.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun May 27, 2007 2:43 am

Moon-Crane wrote:
Rob wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:
DHP wrote:

Well, it can be like the Mutiny On The Bounty if he doesn't ok it :lol: (he can have the honour of setting it up, i should think)

Good call.

It would be good to keep this open as a 'permanent' poll (as I think Cakey originally intended) as it took an awful lot of hard work to arrive at the final 24 choices.

But I think Rob/DHP/MC have made a good point. As a one-off 'battle' to see which episode wins it would be good to have a poll where the two most prominent eps are in direct competition with each other. If it lasted, say, 7 days it should give everyone a chance to vote and give us our 'winner'.

What do you think, Cakey?
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Cake for Brains » Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:06 pm

What do you think, Cakey?

Sorry I'm late about replying to this - it seems to have passed me by for some reason.

Good idea about putting the final two in direct competition. I can't do this with this one sadly, because I didn't specify a close-date for the poll, as I intended it to go on and on. However, if I do this again next year, I will give your idea a shot, because it would be interesting.
"I don't want to go." - The Tenth Doctor
Cake for Brains

Postby ouroboros » Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:43 pm

Oh. My. God.

That was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. Pick between Look Before You Leap, Room Service and My Coffee with Niles.

But in the end it just had to be My Coffee with Niles. I'm also very glad I voted blind as I've just realised I've caused a tie with Ham Radio *sucks in breath* which whilst I think is outstanding does not for me compare to my above listed three.
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth". Oscar Wilde
ouroboros

PreviousNext

Return to Frasier Games / Polls / Quizzes