Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Battle of the Seasons - Showdown

A forum for Frasier and Frasier-related games / polls / quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum.

Battle of the Seasons - Best Overall Episode?

The Two Mrs Cranes
15%
Shrink Rap
No votes
The Matchmaker
No votes
Flour Child
No votes
Kisses Sweeter than Wine
No votes
Mixed Doubles
No votes
The Adventures of Bad Boy and Dirty Girl
4%
The Last Time I Saw Maris
No votes
Dad Loves Sherry, the Boys Just Whine
No votes
Back Talk
4%
Seat of Power
No votes
Come Lie with Me
No votes
Moondance
12%
The Ski Lodge
8%
Room Service
No votes
Look Before You Leap
No votes
Daphne's Room
8%
Ham Radio
23%
Give Him the Chair
No votes
Breaking the Ice
No votes
Travels with Martin
No votes
Author, Author
No votes
The Innkeepers
4%
My Coffee with Niles
23%

Total votes : 26

Postby Bad Ambassador » Mon May 21, 2007 7:25 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:HR is decent enough, but MCWN is certainly better to me. It may not have as many deliberately targeted moments of laughter, but it's more cleverly written for my tastes and more rewatchable. If i was going purely for out and out laughs, i'd have probably voted for Daphne's Room then Shrink Rap.

Yeah - for me, there are funnier episodes than 'My Coffee', but not many that sum up so beautifully what the show is about, and its superiority to every other live action sitcom going.
"You're rather good. All that banter, yet not a word wasted."
Bad Ambassador

Postby Davey Boy » Mon May 21, 2007 9:24 pm

Mayday Malone wrote:Just out of curiosity, how do you change your vote in any poll that is? I just ask in case I should want to as I heard some on the forum say they're going to change a vote sometimes and what have you.

However, my vote stays here for My Coffee With Niles.

"It was an Olympic year, they were fresh out."

On a semi-related note, does anyone find that sometimes you vote in a poll and then a few weeks later the results no longer come up at the top of the thread, but the voting options come up again? I'm sure this has happened to me a few times when I have voted and then the options become available again...
Woody: Pour you a beer, Mr. Peterson?

Norm: Alright, but stop me at one. Make that one-thirty.
Davey Boy

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon May 21, 2007 10:28 pm

Wezzo wrote:I don't think you can change your vote. I think it's mostly a case of "I would change my vote if I could".

No, you can't.
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon May 21, 2007 10:30 pm

Davey Boy wrote:
Mayday Malone wrote:Just out of curiosity, how do you change your vote in any poll that is? I just ask in case I should want to as I heard some on the forum say they're going to change a vote sometimes and what have you.

On a semi-related note, does anyone find that sometimes you vote in a poll and then a few weeks later the results no longer come up at the top of the thread, but the voting options come up again? I'm sure this has happened to me a few times when I have voted and then the options become available again...

No, I've never known that! :shock: I don't think it's a case of simply deleting the cookies from your PC either, as the votes are registered against usernames.

I'm inclined to think you're just mistaken, and have perhaps not voted in a poll you thought you had?

Interesting though...
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon May 21, 2007 10:31 pm

Bad Ambassador wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:HR is decent enough, but MCWN is certainly better to me. It may not have as many deliberately targeted moments of laughter, but it's more cleverly written for my tastes and more rewatchable. If i was going purely for out and out laughs, i'd have probably voted for Daphne's Room then Shrink Rap.

Yeah - for me, there are funnier episodes than 'My Coffee', but not many that sum up so beautifully what the show is about, and its superiority to every other live action sitcom going.

It's a great ep alright, and I'll happily give MCWN my vote here if it has any chance of winning.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Davey Boy » Mon May 21, 2007 10:37 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:
Davey Boy wrote:

No, I've never known that! :shock: I don't think it's a case of simply deleting the cookies from your PC either, as the votes are registered against usernames.

I'm inclined to think you're just mistaken, and have perhaps not voted in a poll you thought you had?

Interesting though...

I wouldn't rule out the possibility that I could be mistaken and as you say it may just be that I think I voted... I will consciously make note of the next few polls I vote in and get back to you if I do turn out to be right.

Davey Boy

Postby Cake for Brains » Mon May 21, 2007 10:39 pm

Davey Boy wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:
Davey Boy wrote:

Interesting though...

I wouldn't rule out the possibility that I could be mistaken and as you say it may just be that I think I voted... I will consciously make note of the next few polls I vote in and get back to you if I do turn out to be right.

Maybe you weren't logged in? I sometimes do that - come across a set of voting options that look familar and that I thought I'd voted in, but then look at the top bar and realised that I'm not logged in.
"I don't want to go." - The Tenth Doctor
Cake for Brains

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon May 21, 2007 10:42 pm

Davey Boy wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:
Davey Boy wrote:

Interesting though...

Fair enough. I think Cakey's explanation above works too, it could be that.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Davey Boy » Mon May 21, 2007 10:54 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:
Davey Boy wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:
Davey Boy wrote:

Interesting though...

Yes that's also a very feasible possibility, especially as from time to time my computer chooses not to log me in automatically. As I say I'll keep track of my voting activity and report back if somethings going on :wink:

Davey Boy

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon May 21, 2007 11:28 pm

Davey Boy wrote:Yes that's also a very feasible possibility, especially as from time to time my computer chooses not to log me in automatically. As I say I'll keep track of my voting activity and report back if somethings going on :wink:

That's been happening to me A LOT lately, but only when I'm at home using Microsoft's new 'Vista' operating system, for some bizarre reason.

Cheers Bill! :roll:
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Mon May 21, 2007 11:36 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:
Davey Boy wrote:Yes that's also a very feasible possibility, especially as from time to time my computer chooses not to log me in automatically. As I say I'll keep track of my voting activity and report back if somethings going on :wink:

That's been happening to me A LOT lately, but only when I'm at home using Microsoft's new 'Vista' operating system, for some bizarre reason.

See? I knew it! Computers just decide not to work sometimes, yet I'm ALWAYS blamed when something goes wrong!
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon May 21, 2007 11:44 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:

See? I knew it! Computers just decide not to work sometimes, yet I'm ALWAYS blamed when something goes wrong!

There's definitely something strange about 'Vista' though, possibly the most bug-ridden piece of software Microsoft have ever released (and that's saying something!)
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Mon May 21, 2007 11:50 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:There's definitely something strange about 'Vista' though, possibly the most bug-ridden piece of software Microsoft have ever released (and that's saying something!)

It's not some kind of virus, it's your computer. Honestly. They have minds of their own. They just want to make life difficult for us sometimes.
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon May 21, 2007 11:58 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:There's definitely something strange about 'Vista' though, possibly the most bug-ridden piece of software Microsoft have ever released (and that's saying something!)

It's not some kind of virus, it's your computer. Honestly. They have minds of their own. They just want to make life difficult for us sometimes.

True. There'll be some kind of 'Judgement Day' soon. I bet there'll even be a film about it...
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Tue May 22, 2007 2:24 am

Davey Boy wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:
Davey Boy wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:
Davey Boy wrote:

Interesting though...

Yes that's also a very feasible possibility, especially as from time to time my computer chooses not to log me in automatically. As I say I'll keep track of my voting activity and report back if somethings going on :wink:

I'm pretty sure you're not going mad Davey. I'm certain it's occurred with me once before.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Moon-Crane » Tue May 22, 2007 2:24 am

Beer Necessity wrote:
Bee Gees Fan wrote:

True. There'll be some kind of 'Judgement Day' soon. I bet there'll even be a film about it...

:lol:
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Seek_Help_from_an_M.D. » Tue May 22, 2007 6:45 am

Wow, Daphne's Room or Look Before You Leap. Eventually I went with Daphne's Room.

I'm a little sad an episode from season 11 didn't make it. I thought, maybe High Holiday's, I'm not saying I would have voted for it, well maybe... who knows 8-) :D
Wow, between school and basketball, when am I...going to be able to watch Frasier!!! Oh, don't worry I'll make time.
Seek_Help_from_an_M.D.

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Fri May 25, 2007 1:04 am

Well, I've shot my bolt. My Coffee With Niles it is!

Any chance of closing the poll now Cakey? :wink:
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Cake for Brains » Fri May 25, 2007 1:06 am

Beer Necessity wrote:Well, I've shot my bolt. My Coffee With Niles it is!

Any chance of closing the poll now Cakey? :wink:

If only! But for now, just savour the moment of 'Ham Radio' being in second place!

Are you surprised that 'My Coffee with Niles' has done so well BN? It's never usually fared so well in polls such as these in the past, so I'm glad to see it's so well loved on here because it's a truly special episode.
"I don't want to go." - The Tenth Doctor
Cake for Brains

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Fri May 25, 2007 1:08 am

Cake for Brains wrote:If only! But for now, just savour the moment of 'Ham Radio' being in second place!

This makes up for Liverpool losing last night.

:evil: No episode that I vote for should come anything less than first place.

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Fri May 25, 2007 2:15 am

Cake for Brains wrote:Are you surprised that 'My Coffee with Niles' has done so well BN? It's never usually fared so well in polls such as these in the past, so I'm glad to see it's so well loved on here because it's a truly special episode.

Not really, it still only has 5 votes when all said and done. I know of a few other people who've been here in the past who named it as their favourite episodes also (Toffeegirl for one - remember her?). It's always been quite popular.

I'd say it's more of a surprise that HR has only managed to pull a measly 4 votes so far - that can't last.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Fri May 25, 2007 2:16 am

Bee Gees Fan wrote:This makes up for Liverpool losing last night.

So, would you like the knife back? Or are you just going to leave it here, embedded in my heart...
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Fri May 25, 2007 2:20 am

Beer Necessity wrote:So, would you like the knife back? Or are you just going to leave it here, embedded in my heart...

It was just one game, and I'm sure they'll go on to win thousands more.

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Fri May 25, 2007 2:45 am

Bee Gees Fan wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:So, would you like the knife back? Or are you just going to leave it here, embedded in my heart...

It was just one game, and I'm sure they'll go on to win thousands more.

Yet more fuel to the argument that birds and footy don't mix! :wink:
Mr Blue Sky

Postby DHP » Fri May 25, 2007 9:04 am

Beer Necessity wrote:
Bee Gees Fan wrote:

Well, hopefully one will rise who will be able to reprogram the computers as he sees fit. Maybe he'll even know Kung-Fu. From what I've seen of The 200th Episode, that sure as heck ain't Bill Gates, on both counts!
Goodnight Seattle, we love ya!!!
DHP

PreviousNext

Return to Frasier Games / Polls / Quizzes