Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Battle of the Seasons - Episode 18

A forum for Frasier and Frasier-related games / polls / quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum.

Battle of the Seasons - Best Episode 18?

Poll ended at Mon May 07, 2007 4:11 pm

And the Whimper Is... (Season 1)
No votes
The Club (Season 2)
No votes
Chess Pains (Season 3)
26%
Ham Radio (Season 4)
74%
Bad Dog (Season 5)
No votes
Taps at the Montana (Season 6)
No votes
Hot Pursuit (Season 7)
No votes
Forgotten But Not Gone (Season 8)
No votes
War of the Words (Season 9)
No votes
Roe to Perdition (Season 10)
No votes
Match Game (Season 11)
No votes

Total votes : 19

Postby Cake for Brains » Tue May 01, 2007 4:53 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:
Stratman wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:
Cake for Brains wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:
I love Shrink Rap. It makes my Top 10 probably - just hilarious! Now that's how the sibling rivalry should be done.

But they are still nasty to each other! Frasier throws a freakin' plant through the window! THAT'S not OOC?

Er.. no... n-not at all. :)

LOL! Although I must admit, that my hatred for The Crucible and Deathtrap is the result of OOC stuff so I guess it's just WHICH OOC stuff we like!

Actually, I take that back about Deathtrap. My hatred for that is the entire premise of the episode. Much like Fraternal Schwinns.

Deathtrap's great. Your opinion is wrong! :wink:

''Deathtrap'' is awful. Your opinion is wrong! Two against one. :)

Bah! Why did you have to show up! :lol:

I love 'Deathtrap'! 2-2 :)
"I don't want to go." - The Tenth Doctor
Cake for Brains

Postby Stratman » Tue May 01, 2007 4:54 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:
Stratman wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:
Cake for Brains wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:
I love Shrink Rap. It makes my Top 10 probably - just hilarious! Now that's how the sibling rivalry should be done.

But they are still nasty to each other! Frasier throws a freakin' plant through the window! THAT'S not OOC?

LOL! Although I must admit, that my hatred for The Crucible and Deathtrap is the result of OOC stuff so I guess it's just WHICH OOC stuff we like!

Actually, I take that back about Deathtrap. My hatred for that is the entire premise of the episode. Much like Fraternal Schwinns.

''Deathtrap'' is awful. Your opinion is wrong! Two against one. :)

Bah! Why did you have to show up! :lol:

I'm showing my support! We're the equivelant of that old two headed hyde-ra. :wink:
Stratman

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue May 01, 2007 4:55 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:
Cake for Brains wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:

Deathtrap SUCKS! My opinion is TRUTH! :D

*backs down a little* Ok it's not great but it doesn't SUCK!! It's an above average episode and is a rare Niles/Frasier centred ep, which has to give it some brownie points, surely? Niles and Daphne should have been split up for the story pairings more often, I reckon.

I can't get past the basic premise. Below average episode for me.

I do agree about the Niles and Daphne split though. After S7, the two of them together tended to get rather nauseating. I much prefer Frasier/Niles storylines or actually, anything that wasn't Niles/Daphne centered in the later seasons. With a few exceptions. Daphne Returns being one of them.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Tue May 01, 2007 4:57 pm

Cake for Brains wrote:I love 'Deathtrap'! 2-2 :)

Good man!

This needs it's own poll!
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Tue May 01, 2007 4:59 pm

Stratman wrote:I'm showing my support! We're the equivelant of that old two headed hyde-ra. :wink:

Hey, I've promised we wouldn't say that anymore! :oops:

We are the Grammer Buffs! :lol:
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Stratman » Tue May 01, 2007 5:01 pm

Sorry about that.
Stratman

Postby Bad Ambassador » Tue May 01, 2007 5:04 pm

Just to get back to the 'Author, Author' thing - I think there were considerably worse examples of the brothers (and the whole cast, let's face it) acting out of character in the wilderness years of seasons 7-10. At least in 'Author, Author' it was funny and told a good story!
"You're rather good. All that banter, yet not a word wasted."
Bad Ambassador

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue May 01, 2007 5:04 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:
Cake for Brains wrote:I love 'Deathtrap'! 2-2 :)

Good man!

This needs it's own poll!

Do it BN!!!!!!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Tue May 01, 2007 5:04 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:I can't get past the basic premise. Below average episode for me.

I do agree about the Niles and Daphne split though. After S7, the two of them together tended to get rather nauseating. I much prefer Frasier/Niles storylines or actually, anything that wasn't Niles/Daphne centered in the later seasons. With a few exceptions. Daphne Returns being one of them.

That's why Cam was 'made flesh', so to speak. To give Frasier the rivalry his character so desperately needed!

It's a really FUN premise, and old Mr Lasskopf was a laconic joy!

Martin: I hear they have great scuba diving down there. You scuba?
Lasskopf: Do I look like I scuba? I'm lucky I don't need a tank to breathe on land.

:lol:
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Tue May 01, 2007 5:06 pm

Stratman wrote:Sorry about that.

That's ok, I quite enjoyed my little chats with you-know-who!
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Cake for Brains » Tue May 01, 2007 5:06 pm

Bad Ambassador wrote:Just to get back to the 'Author, Author' thing - I think there were considerably worse examples of the brothers (and the whole cast, let's face it) acting out of character in the wilderness years of seasons 7-10. At least in 'Author, Author' it was funny and told a good story!

Maybe I do take my dislike of it to a bit of an extreme, but it's got to the stage now where I find it hard to watch because there so many out of character moments to be found. I could be wrong, but I don't remember any other episodes where Frasier and Niles squabbles led to actual violence. I don't mind violence - but I don't think it has a place in 'Frasier'. The show's better than that.
Cake for Brains

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue May 01, 2007 5:08 pm

Bad Ambassador wrote:Just to get back to the 'Author, Author' thing - I think there were considerably worse examples of the brothers (and the whole cast, let's face it) acting out of character in the wilderness years of seasons 7-10. At least in 'Author, Author' it was funny and told a good story!

I just don't think them acting like heathens was all that out of character. The competive nature, sibling rivalary and petty jealousy was a huge part of who Niles and Frasier were.

I can totally picture them as little kids getting into hair pulling wrestling matches with each other. Niles being jealous of Frasier always being first and Frasier being jealous of Niles simply for being born!

When frustration takes over, the Crane Boys act like bratty little kids!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Tue May 01, 2007 5:11 pm

Here, here!

When you look at the turgid shite on offer during seasons 8-10 I'm amazed anyone could put a funny ep like Author, Author in their bottom 10 episodes, there's so much more shite to choose from!
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Bad Ambassador » Tue May 01, 2007 5:15 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:I just don't think them acting like heathens was all that out of character. The competive nature, sibling rivalary and petty jealousy was a huge part of who Niles and Frasier were.

I can totally picture them as little kids getting into hair pulling wrestling matches with each other. Niles being jealous of Frasier always being first and Frasier being jealous of Niles simply for being born!

I agree. The fighting doesn't really bother me at all - especially as it's quite 'gay' fighting! I think it's a great sequence.
"You're rather good. All that banter, yet not a word wasted."
Bad Ambassador

Postby Cake for Brains » Tue May 01, 2007 5:15 pm

When you look at the turgid shite on offer during seasons 8-10 I'm amazed anyone could put a funny ep like Author, Author in their bottom 10 episodes, there's so much more shite to choose from!

I'm a strange boy! It's probably my fault. I've convinced myself that it's a bad episode, and now every time I watch it, I just seem intent on picking it to pieces and can't just sit down and enjoy it. I am seriously tempted to write a review for it on the R&R section though, because the score it currently has is too high...
Cake for Brains

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue May 01, 2007 5:21 pm

Bad Ambassador wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:I just don't think them acting like heathens was all that out of character. The competive nature, sibling rivalary and petty jealousy was a huge part of who Niles and Frasier were.

I agree. The fighting doesn't really bother me at all - especially as it's quite 'gay' fighting! I think it's a great sequence.

LOL! It is quite gay fighting!

And Frasier DOES look stupid in a t-shirt!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Tue May 01, 2007 5:26 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:
Bad Ambassador wrote:

Hehe, I know, it cracks me up when they start tearing each others chest hair out! :lol:
Mr Blue Sky

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue May 01, 2007 5:34 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:
Bad Ambassador wrote:

Hehe, I know, it cracks me up when they start tearing each others chest hair out! :lol:

I love the fact that Niles is still wearing his suspenders!

And Frasier's line about bloated alcoholic suicides! The way he's lying on the bed pouring that bottle from the mini bar down his throat!

This is funny stuff Cakey!!!!!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Wezzo » Tue May 01, 2007 5:43 pm

Cake for Brains wrote:

I'm a strange boy! It's probably my fault. I've convinced myself that it's a bad episode, and now every time I watch it, I just seem intent on picking it to pieces and can't just sit down and enjoy it. I am seriously tempted to write a review for it on the R&R section though, because the score it currently has is too high...

In that case, I'd have to counter it with a 100% review.. ;)
Wezzo

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue May 01, 2007 5:46 pm

Wezzo wrote:
Cake for Brains wrote:

In that case, I'd have to counter it with a 100% review.. ;)

I was thinking the same thing Wez! :wink:
CatNamedRudy

Postby Cake for Brains » Tue May 01, 2007 5:52 pm

In that case, I'd have to counter it with a 100% review..

You wouldn't! Well, 1% it is then... that should even the score out a bit. :)

I'm guessing you'd give it nearly full marks anyway though, wouldn't you?
Cake for Brains

Postby Wezzo » Tue May 01, 2007 6:00 pm

I'd realistically give it 98% or so, yep.
Wezzo

Postby me123 » Tue May 01, 2007 6:05 pm

Wezzo wrote:I'd realistically give it 98% or so, yep.

So'd I, pretty perfect any many respects. of course, there is no such thing as perfection, so I'd probably say 97%, giving my fave (Dark Side...) 99%.
me123

Postby Stratman » Wed May 02, 2007 10:54 am

I'd give it 100 percent to counteract an unreasonable 1 percent rating. It's an absolute gem.
Stratman

Postby Moon-Crane » Wed May 02, 2007 12:46 pm

Stratman wrote:

I'd give it 100 percent to counteract an unreasonable 1 percent rating. It's an absolute gem.

Me too ;) It's definitely one of my favourite episodes.

And while i'm here, i suppose i'd better remember there's a poll to vote on, which contains no sign of Author, Author :lol:

I went with Chess Pains - it's a great episode. i find it more watchable than Ham Radio. I like Roe To Perdition, too. Not much here to compete with Chess Pains, though.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

PreviousNext

Return to Frasier Games / Polls / Quizzes