Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Six Nations - New Brooms sweep clean!!!!

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Postby welshben23 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:26 am

I see all you English guys have gone very quiet now! :P :lol:
welshben23

Postby Rodge » Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:40 pm

welshben23 wrote:I see all you English guys have gone very quiet now! :P :lol:

I wouldn't mock too much, you should be very grateful to the English for saving the Welsh from the Wooden Spoon, which quite frankly looking at their other performances in the Six Nations, they should have deserved.

Yesterday was just too frustrating for words, to lose against a decent team like Ireland is OK, but to lose against the current Welsh team is just heinous.
My fine is over £700 !! (",)
Rodge

Postby Nervosa » Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:38 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:Yes, incredible stuff. Commiserations Nervosa, Scotland weren't able to do you any favours in the end. France probably deserved to win overall and it's gratifying to know their only defeat was to England. Shame we couldn't finish off with a win against Wales, but overall I think progress has been made.

Well I'm not too angry with them, I'm pretty happy about being second. I don't think it was France's comp, I think they were pretty lucky to win, as some of the results of their matches weren't consistant. I seriously think Ireland should have won, not because I'm from NI, but because I feel they were the best squad out there.

But, spilt milk and all that... :lol:
There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary code, and those who don't.
Nervosa

Postby Rodge » Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:11 pm

Nervosa wrote:Well I'm not too angry with them, I'm pretty happy about being second. I don't think it was France's comp, I think they were pretty lucky to win, as some of the results of their matches weren't consistant. I seriously think Ireland should have won, not because I'm from NI, but because I feel they were the best squad out there.

Here's hoping your right Nervosa, for the sake of Home Nation pride in the World Cup, but unless your boys improve quite a bit, I feel that the French will win your table in the world cup with Ireland as runners up which will mean doing it the hard way! :shock:
Rodge

Postby welshben23 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:54 pm

Rob wrote:

I wouldn't mock too much, you should be very grateful to the English for saving the Welsh from the Wooden Spoon, which quite frankly looking at their other performances in the Six Nations, they should have deserved.

Yesterday was just too frustrating for words, to lose against a decent team like Ireland is OK, but to lose against the current Welsh team is just heinous.

There was nothing wrong with Wales' performances apart from the Scotland match. It was an ENGLISH ref who robbed uis against Italy. Wales didnt ship 40-odd points against Ireland. All they needed was a little confidence, and better finishers then a couple of results would've been different. I really hope we shove those words down your throat in the World Cup :P
welshben23

Postby Rodge » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:16 pm

welshben23 wrote:
Rob wrote:

There was nothing wrong with Wales' performances apart from the Scotland match. It was an ENGLISH ref who robbed uis against Italy. Wales didnt ship 40-odd points against Ireland. All they needed was a little confidence, and better finishers then a couple of results would've been different.

Every Team in the World could say that!!! You might have well put, if we "played better" then we would have won :shock:

welshben23 wrote:I really hope we shove those words down your throat in the World Cup :P

You sound more like a football fan there, but I get the picture, except that the only way you can do that is by winning or coming runner up in your group, so unfortunately with Australia & Canada, oh and Fiji, oh and Japan in your group, then it may be a bit of a struggle. But never mind, I'm sure you find a ref to blame then as well. :wink:
Rodge

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:58 pm

Where were you on this thread when Wales were getting hammered every week? I'm afraid appearing now makes you look like a fair weather friend...
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby welshben23 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:21 am

Beer Necessity wrote:

Where were you on this thread when Wales were getting hammered every week? I'm afraid appearing now makes you look like a fair weather friend...

I am a fair weather friend :P
welshben23

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:11 am

welshben23 wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:

I am a fair weather friend :P

I know. :wink:
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:14 am

One day the Home Nations will up the bar, and not just see a successful year as beating England - no matter what the other results. That's probably why France win it most of the time.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:26 am

Moon-Crane wrote:One day the Home Nations will up the bar, and not just see a successful year as beating England - no matter what the other results. That's probably why France win it most of the time.

I totally agree. That's why England haven't done the Grand Slam as often as they should - the game against England is always the biggest event of the year for the other home nations, and they try disproportionately hard! :lol:

Having said that, we should still have enough class to beat a team like Wales at the moment.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby dorianblue » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:11 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:One day the Home Nations will up the bar, and not just see a successful year as beating England - no matter what the other results. That's probably why France win it most of the time.

I totally agree. That's why England haven't done the Grand Slam as often as they should - the game against England is always the biggest event of the year for the other home nations, and they try disproportionately hard! :lol:

Having said that, we should still have enough class to beat a team like Wales at the moment.

Hmm. I'm not quite sure I agree - it sounds like you're excusing England for not matching the passion of the other teams. But I do agree in terms of the Ireland-England game - there was no way England were going to win their first game in a full Croke Park. Not when the Irish guys were crying during Amhran na bhFiann. :wink:
dorianblue

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:38 pm

dorianblue wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:

Hmm. I'm not quite sure I agree - it sounds like you're excusing England for not matching the passion of the other teams. But I do agree in terms of the Ireland-England game - there was no way England were going to win their first game in a full Croke Park. Not when the Irish guys were crying during Amhran na bhFiann. :wink:

No, all i was going by were the things the Welsh players and pundits were saying after the England game. It's an oft repeated mantra that they can forgive the rest of the results if they manage to beat England! Surely if they had won all their other games and then lost to England, but won the trophy, it would be preferable - but you wouldn't think it from the things that were said?

As everyone can see, England are no great shakes at the moment, so what's the big deal about getting a win against them - surely the ones to beat at the beginning of the tournament were Ireland, followed by France?

The French don't carry any baggage - so are happy to want to beat everybody equally - and that's why i think the win the trophy the most in recent years. Wales used to be a powerhouse and could get back to the top if they changed the mentality shown on Saturday?

Amazing how well Ireland are doing since it became the six nations, without any success. It must be only a matter of time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_Nations_Championship

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Rodge » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:54 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:Amazing how well Ireland are doing since it became the six nations, without any success. It must be only a matter of time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_Nations_Championship

That's weird, I was talking about that to a mate just recently. Ireland do show some weird results. They are superb at winning the Triple Crown, but fail when it comes to the Grand Slam. What is it about the French that Ireland find so hard to beat. Thay had the game wrapped up this year and then simply gave it away, yes a great run by the French, but basically all Ireland had to do was to catch the ball after the re-start, and boot it into touch :shock:

I think we concluded that the Irish must have vampire tendancies and the French know this and ensure that they eat extra garlic before each match - In 8 years Ireland have won 3 TC's but not won a single tournament! That can't be down to the Italians, so it has to be the French. Come on Ireland we are relying on you in the World Cup, but you are gonna have to get past this French jinx that they have over you!!
Rodge

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:00 am

Ok, so what the hell happened today? :shock: When I switched over to the Liverpool game at 17:00 there was only one team in it; when I switched back we were eating humble pie!

I'd hoped these dark days were over...
Mr Blue Sky

Postby welshben23 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:31 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:Ok, so what the hell happened today? :shock: When I switched over to the Liverpool game at 17:00 there was only one team in it; when I switched back we were eating humble pie!

DG, Sideshow Meg, M-C, Mayday Malone, Rodge, Mr BS, Queen Elizabeth, Anne Robinson, Brian Ashton, Rob Andrew, David Cameron your boys took ONE HELL OF A BEATING!!

That's what happened! :lol: :D
welshben23

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:34 pm

welshben23 wrote:
Mr Blue Sky wrote:Ok, so what the hell happened today? :shock: When I switched over to the Liverpool game at 17:00 there was only one team in it; when I switched back we were eating humble pie!

DG, Sideshow Meg, M-C, Mayday Malone, Rodge, Mr BS, Queen Elizabeth, Anne Robinson, Brian Ashton, Rob Andrew, David Cameron your boys took ONE HELL OF A BEATING!!

Smug bastard! :lol:

I had to laugh at talk on 5Live this morning of another Welsh Grand Slam. That one in 2005 was a once-a-generation type event, not to be repeated before 2030 at the earliest!
Mr Blue Sky

Postby welshben23 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:46 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:
welshben23 wrote:

Smug bastard! :lol:

I had to laugh at talk on 5Live this morning of another Welsh Grand Slam. That one in 2005 was a once-a-generation type event, not to be repeated before 2030 at the earliest!

I would really love it if we did win it! I'd love it if you had to eat your words :P *Keegan rant over* :lol:
welshben23

Postby Rodge » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:35 pm

welshben23 wrote:

Ah bless, 1st win in Twickers for 20 years and a win by a few points and you refer to it as a "hell of a beating" - Max Boyce eat your heart out!! I do love the way you taffies clutch at straws.
I'm afraid it was NOT a case of Wales deserving to win, it was simply England deserved to lose.
Rodge

Postby welshben23 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:14 pm

Rodge wrote:
welshben23 wrote:

Ah bless, 1st win in Twickers for 20 years and a win by a few points and you refer to it as a "hell of a beating" - Max Boyce eat your heart out!! I do love the way you taffies clutch at straws.
I'm afraid it was NOT a case of Wales deserving to win, it was simply England deserved to lose.

Oh dear god! Where's the yawn smiley when I needed it the most! :roll: :roll: Yes England imploded, but Wales had to be good enough to take advantage.
welshben23

Postby Rodge » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:04 pm

welshben23 wrote:
Rodge wrote:
welshben23 wrote:

Oh dear god! Where's the yawn smiley when I needed it the most! :roll: :roll: Yes England imploded, but Wales had to be good enough to take advantage.

Oh dear god! - were you not watching? My nephews under sevens team could have taken advantage of England's implosion. Wales were not exactly good relative to International standards. But I have to admit, it is the result that counts and that's what goes down in history, not how poor the performance was, and Hook does deserve credit. He was the only decent player on the pitch :shock:
Rodge

Postby Dorset Girl » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:06 pm

Let Ben have his 'moment' Rodge, it doesn't happen too often! :wink:

*Runs from Ben* :lol:
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby Moon-Crane » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:07 pm

Another trophy for France this year, by the looks of it.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Moon-Crane » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:07 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:Let Ben have his 'moment' Rodge, it doesn't happen too often! :wink:

:lol:

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby welshben23 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:08 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:Let Ben have his 'moment' Rodge, it doesn't happen too often! :wink:

:twisted: :lol: No need to run, it's true! :)
welshben23

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion