Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

The Footy Thread!

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:29 am

Bad Ambassador wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:Is that macho enough for you? If not I'll get out me pink leotard with matching headband... :lol:

It was a lovely rendition, but the leotard still wouldn't hurt!

All I know about football is that, even though he's a winking cheat, I wouldn't say no to a bit of Ronaldo.

Not that I'm shallow or anything. Now I shall leave this thread to the people who know their stuff!

There you go my friend - enjoy yourself! :wink:

I think it's safe to say this thread has become distinctly less macho just lately! :lol:
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:30 am

I bet you're just loving all this, Davey Boy! :lol:
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Bad Ambassador » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:35 am

Beer Necessity wrote: I think it's safe to say this thread has become distinctly less macho just lately! :lol:

There's nothing more macho than Ronaldo with his shirt off, surely? :lol:
Bad Ambassador

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:40 am

Bad Ambassador wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote: I think it's safe to say this thread has become distinctly less macho just lately! :lol:

I can't stand the dude, although obviously I'm not going to appreciate him the same way you do BA! In fact, my fantasy footy team was originally named "Ronaldo's a cunt" before they flagged it as 'innapropriate' for some strange reason. I managed to circumvent this by re-naming it "Ronaldo ZaKunt"... :lol:
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Bad Ambassador » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:41 am

Oh, he does come across as an arrogant shit, I know. But then, we all like a bad boy!
Bad Ambassador

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:43 am

Beer Necessity wrote:
Bad Ambassador wrote:

I can't stand the dude, although obviously I'm not going to appreciate him the same way you do BA! In fact, my fantasy footy team was originally named "Ronaldo's a cunt" before they flagged it as 'innapropriate' for some strange reason. I managed to circumvent this by re-naming it "Ronaldo ZaKunt"... :lol:

That's so funny... and very creative.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:52 am

Moon-Crane wrote:That's so funny... and very creative.

I thought so! Here's the proof...

The irony of having him in my team is not lost on me. How could I not include him though, he cheats so well!
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Davey Boy » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:36 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:I bet you're just loving all this, Davey Boy! :lol:

Hehe I don't watch much Dr Who so don't really check out the discussion thread alot, I may have to make sure stay well clear now! :wink:
Woody: Pour you a beer, Mr. Peterson?

Norm: Alright, but stop me at one. Make that one-thirty.
Davey Boy

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:21 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:That's so funny... and very creative.

I thought so! Here's the proof...

The irony of having him in my team is not lost on me. How could I not include him though, he cheats so well!

Fantastic. To be fair you don't pick players on how much you like them, rather how effective they are. i remember watching Ronaldo in an under 17 tournament a few years ago. Portugal beat England over two legs i think. He looked an arrogant sod then - but he played bloody well. It was obvious he'd be a huge star - and he knew it.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Davey Boy » Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:01 pm

No Spurs players BN? :?

Davey Boy

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:49 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:Fantastic. To be fair you don't pick players on how much you like them, rather how effective they are. i remember watching Ronaldo in an under 17 tournament a few years ago. Portugal beat England over two legs i think. He looked an arrogant sod then - but he played bloody well. It was obvious he'd be a huge star - and he knew it.

Yeah, that was obvious very early on wasn't it. To be honest though he was a bit of a joke back then I thought as he very rarely delivered at Premiership level. He's been a revelation this season though.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:53 pm

Davey Boy wrote:No Spurs players BN? :?

No mate - I'm trying to do well! :wink: Seriously though, I'm considering bringing Huddlestone in - he's a bit of a bargain and it can only be a matter of time befor he starts getting a few headed goals given his size.

Does anyone else dabble in this sort of thing? I always wanted to start up a Frasier Online Fantasy League but never thought there was the interest.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:12 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:

No mate - I'm trying to do well! :wink: Seriously though, I'm considering bringing Huddlestone in - he's a bit of a bargain and it can only be a matter of time befor he starts getting a few headed goals given his size.

Does anyone else dabble in this sort of thing? I always wanted to start up a Frasier Online Fantasy League but never thought there was the interest.

Haven't taken part in one for a long time, but it would be fun.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:19 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:

I may try an organise a league next season then if there's some interest (and we're all still here, obviously!)
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:26 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:

I may try an organise a league next season then if there's some interest (and we're all still here, obviously!)

Maybe stick a thread up in the summer for people to put their names on. See if there's enough interest.

Lol, if "we're all still here". You're right. With global warming, bird flu and the newspaper frenzy regarding 'dangerous criminals' being left loose on the streets - we've got no chance :D

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:31 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:Maybe stick a thread up in the summer for people to put their names on. See if there's enough interest.

Good idea, I'll do that.

Moon-Crane wrote:Lol, if "we're all still here". You're right. With global warming, bird flu and the newspaper frenzy regarding 'dangerous criminals' being left loose on the streets - we've got no chance :D

:lol: I meant here on the forum, but I see your point!
Last edited by Mr Blue Sky on Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Davey Boy » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:03 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:No mate - I'm trying to do well! :wink: Seriously though, I'm considering bringing Huddlestone in - he's a bit of a bargain and it can only be a matter of time befor he starts getting a few headed goals given his size.

I'd be up for giving it a go. I compiled a fantasy team at the start of the season but haven't done anything with it since. I actually play online football management games where by you send in a teamsheet to an admin who receives a teamsheet from a manager and uses software to generate match reports. It's quite interesting really and allows you to deploy different tactics, subs etc.

Davey Boy

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:15 pm

Davey Boy wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:No mate - I'm trying to do well! :wink: Seriously though, I'm considering bringing Huddlestone in - he's a bit of a bargain and it can only be a matter of time befor he starts getting a few headed goals given his size.

I'd be up for giving it a go. I compiled a fantasy team at the start of the season but haven't done anything with it since. I actually play online football management games where by you send in a teamsheet to an admin who receives a teamsheet from a manager and uses software to generate match reports. It's quite interesting really and allows you to deploy different tactics, subs etc.

Great stuff! I'm in a league of just 3 people so I think it's worth doing even if it's just us. I'll start a thread about it in the summer and see if there are any other potential managers out there...
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Davey Boy » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:34 pm

Yeah I forgot to add about how you can have your own individual league. The one I'm in is just a generic national league... I think I am placed in around 19,000th place :roll:

Davey Boy

Postby Hans the German Butler » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:14 pm

I'd be up for giving it a go. I'm in a fantasy league in work and it's going quite well.
ROZ: It's not like she worships the Devil
FRASIER: She doesn't need to, he worships her!
Hans the German Butler

Postby Davey Boy » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:00 pm

Predictions for tonights match?

Seems like half the squad have dropped out due to one injury or another so I guess it's a tough one to call. McLaren has said he intends to use all 6 substitues so I'm going to go with 1-1. England to be solid but fairly unimaginative in the first half and nick a goal. 6 changes to be made in the second half causing instability and, despite flashes of good play, a few errors resulting in a goal being conceeded.

Davey Boy

Postby Davey Boy » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:01 pm

Oh and if England win with anything other than a mediocre performance, all the pundits to be telling us England are back in business and that we will not only qualify, but win the European Championships.

Davey Boy

Postby scrambled_eggs » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:06 pm

Not really a fan of England for various reasons - I expect another below-par performance where they will get completely outplayed. 1-1.
scrambled_eggs

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:54 pm

Davey Boy wrote:Yeah I forgot to add about how you can have your own individual league. The one I'm in is just a generic national league... I think I am placed in around 19,000th place :roll:

That may sound low down but how many are in the league? You can see from the one I pasted that I'm about 58,000th but the league has 1.2m people in so I'm in the top 5%! At one point last season I managed to reach the heady heights of 46th overall so I obviously screen-capped that! :D

We play for money in my work's league and I managed to win that last year, alhough I'm quite a bit off the pace this season. I had some incredible luck last year though, I couldn't hope to replicate that performance!
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:55 pm

Hans the German Butler wrote:I'd be up for giving it a go. I'm in a fantasy league in work and it's going quite well.

Good stuff - 4 interested so far then! Scrambled_Eggs, how about you?
Mr Blue Sky

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion