Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

The Last Frasier Episode You Watched.

Discussion of all things 'Frasier' - the episodes, the actors and other 'Frasier'-related topics.

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:32 am

Wezzo wrote:RDWRER

Hehe, I wondered if anyone watched Frasier's only New Years themed episode last night!
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:33 am

Cake for Brains wrote:Glad you enjoyed Shutout in Seattle. It's one of my very favourites - severely underrated season finale. It's hilarious throughout, and in it's own small way the Cranes singing 'Goldfinger' is as emotional/rewarding as the end of SBSB.

Totally agree - one of my favourites of the season.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Wezzo » Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:46 am

Beer Necessity wrote:
Wezzo wrote:RDWRER

Hehe, I wondered if anyone watched Frasier's only New Years themed episode last night!

Naturally. :D
Wezzo

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:23 pm

Halloween.

I watched it again very soon after seeing it for the first time because I liked it so much.
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:35 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:Halloween.

I watched it again very soon after seeing it for the first time because I liked it so much.

I'm amazed you've been a fan for so long without seeing one of the very best eps. I bet you've read the script though.

Like your new sig by the way. :wink:
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:41 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:Like your new sig by the way. :wink:

I'm beginning to get interested in him after seeing him act myself. He's good.

Yes, I did read the script, although it was so long ago that I'd forgotten most of what happened, so I was almost seeing the episode freshly.
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:45 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:Like your new sig by the way. :wink:

I'm beginning to get interested in him after seeing him act myself. He's good.

Yes, I did read the script, although it was so long ago that I'd forgotten most of what happened, so I was almost seeing the episode freshly.

I bet you're looking forward to S6!
Mr Blue Sky

Postby DHP » Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:41 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:I bet you're looking forward to S6!

I know I am! May can't come soon enough!

Just watched The Maris Counsellor. A lot of fun in the first half. The group therapy sessions reflects the episode as a whole actually: really really funny at the start with some great moments from Niles, and then hugely serious. To be fair, it is a big change in direction with Niles' relationship with Maris changing for the next 6 and a half seasons (so I believe), so I'm glad they handled it with relatively few jokes and a more serious tone, much like Cassandra's miscarriage in the 1996 trilogy of Only Fools & Horses.
Goodnight Seattle, we love ya!!!
DHP

Postby DHP » Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:14 pm

Just watched The Ski Lodge. It's definitely growing on me. I was severely disappointed with it when I first saw it, as there was a lot of buzz about it on this site. I was expecting another Ham Radio, but didn't quite get that. However, it's definitely improved with repeat viewings. I'd probably give it 8.5/10 now, or maybe 9.
DHP

Postby DHP » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:49 am

Also just watched Room Service. Looking at the last three posts, it might not hurt to rename this thread "DHP's Trek Through Season 5." :lol:

Is no-one else watching Frasier anymore?!?
DHP

Postby Wezzo » Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:15 pm

DHP wrote:Also just watched Room Service. Looking at the last three posts, it might not hurt to rename this thread "DHP's Trek Through Season 5." :lol:

:lol:

Watched Moondance with the family last night. Great episode. A+
Wezzo

Postby Nervosa » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:47 pm

DHP wrote:"DHP's Trek Through Season 5." :lol:

Is no-one else watching Frasier anymore?!?

I've had my hands full with all my films! I've only got to disc two of S5. I will join the quest again very soon.
There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary code, and those who don't.
Nervosa

Postby me123 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:09 pm

As soon as the American company can get off their a***s and actually ship Season 6 (which is now overdue and still in the US), I shall watch some more.

My last episode was "To Kill a Talking Bird", one of the greatest IMO.
me123

Postby yay_boredom » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:32 pm

I can only watch it on Fridays and days off. So it's not that often, thanks syndication.

The last episode I watched though was Ham Radio, a really funny episode and I believe it's pretty popular due to it being in one of the Top Reviewed shows. 9/10 :(
yay_boredom

Postby Lilith75 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:11 am

I'm just now getting caught up on a few of the episodes I missed *mostly season 8* The last episode I watched was The New Friend
Lilith75

Postby DHP » Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:27 pm

Beware of Greeks and The Perfect Guy. The former was a bit over the top really, and much of the humour felt really forced. The latter was really good though, and Roz's goofy laughs whenever Clint was around were absolutely hilarious. Great episode.
DHP

Postby Cake for Brains » Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:34 pm

Beware of Greeks and The Perfect Guy. The former was a bit over the top really, and much of the humour felt really forced. The latter was really good though, and Roz's goofy laughs whenever Clint was around were absolutely hilarious. Great episode.

I agree with you regarding Beware of Greeks DHP. Along with Frasier Gotta Have It, I'd say it was the weakest episode of Season 5. I've only ever seen it twice, but it really doesn't feel like Frasier at all. Plus, there's a big continuity error.
Cake for Brains

Postby DHP » Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:00 pm

Cake for Brains wrote:

I agree with you regarding Beware of Greeks DHP. Along with Frasier Gotta Have It, I'd say it was the weakest episode of Season 5. I've only ever seen it twice, but it really doesn't feel like Frasier at all. Plus, there's a big continuity error.

The whole thing just feels forced really. It's more pantomime than Frasier. The quality is especially evident given that it's placed between Room Service and The Perfect Guy.
DHP

Postby me123 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:08 pm

Following a discussion on this board: "Are you being served". Much of it's humour is being discussed there, but for me it was a long-lost classic! :D
me123

Postby yay_boredom » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:10 am

I just watched The Late Dr. Crane and The Apparent Trap.

The Last Dr. Crane [I forgot if it has the Dr. in it or not, it's late]: Was really funny, except for some strange reason I found something to be missing, I don't know what, and I don't know why...but some sorta something wasn't there... 7/10

The Apparent Trap: I thought it to be an amusing episode. I laughed quite often here. 8/10

None were my favorites, but I preferred The Apparent Trap.
yay_boredom

Postby Nervosa » Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:35 pm

PC happened to be showing The Good Son (Pilot).

I think it's the best sitcom pilot there had ever been. It's great; from finding out why Frasier's situation is the way it is, to meeting Daphne, to Frasier and Martin's fight, to hearing about Loupey Valez!

A great pilot and a great Frasier episode.
There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary code, and those who don't.
Nervosa

Postby Lilith75 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:37 pm

Cranes Unplugged

I liked the episode but am bothered by the kid whom plays Fredrick, I always thought they could of picked a better young actor
Lilith75

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:53 pm

Beware of Greeks and The Life of the Party.

I'd seen The Life of the Party once before, ages ago, and it was nice to finally see it again. I loved Martin's problems with his hair dye!

Beware of Greeks was one I hadn't seen before. I liked the terrifying Aunt Zora, and Niles' fear of Cousin Yvonne. And Frasier does it again...I wonder if he ever managed to coax forgiveness from Aunt Zora's heart again?

Bee Gees Fan

Postby me123 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:19 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:
Beware of Greeks was one I hadn't seen before. I liked the terrifying Aunt Zora, and Niles' fear of Cousin Yvonne. And Frasier does it again...I wonder if he ever managed to coax forgiveness from Aunt Zora's heart again?

I think that's a love it/hate it episode. I love it, like you seem to, and think it deserves a little more status than it has.

I just watched first date again, and it doesn't get less touching: a true emotional classic episode of Frasier.
me123

Postby Stratman » Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:22 pm

me123 wrote:
Bee Gees Fan wrote:

I think that's a love it/hate it episode. I love it, like you seem to, and think it deserves a little more status than it has.

I'm a big fan of that episode. [:]DRINK[/:]
Stratman

PreviousNext

Return to Frasier Discussion