Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

The Last Frasier Episode You Watched.

Discussion of all things 'Frasier' - the episodes, the actors and other 'Frasier'-related topics.

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:12 pm

Nervosa wrote:Ahhh thanks Cakey. One of those bizzare "blame the writers" instances. From the ep description of 11.01, it did seem to be a bit mellow considering the scale of their argument.

In A New Position For Roz, Frasier seemed very heartless; not his usual friendly self. Now I know why.

I wouldn't take that as gospel, Nervosa, just a libellous rumour perpetrated by us fans on t'internet! :lol:
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Frasier » Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:40 pm

Cake for Brains wrote:
Thanks a lot for that, I've printed them out and I'm going to read them.- Soon I'm going to embark on rearranging my room - I've been putting it off all week, but not anymore!

I'll warn you in advance - they don't make for happy reading! :D I'm keen to know where you disagree with me on the episodes though.

Good luck on rearranging your room. Mine's a bit of a mess at the moment - wrapping paper everywhere.

I've read your reviews. Heres what I think.

Analysed Kiss
I do agree that the story was weak and there were unnecessary inclusions such as the Roz KPXY thing. It could have been an inclusion to bump up the ratings. Maybe they also wanted to rattle the viewers with break up of characters: We didn't want to see Frasier with Julia - Roz is becoming a completely different person. Maybe it was to take us away from the things we took for granted for all of the earlier seasons to finish off Frasier with a reoccurance of those fine things: Frasiers non-existent, albeit comical love-life and his and Roz's valuable friendship and more. It would mean so much more if these things were reestablished after a breakdown of character. Which leades me to:

A new Position for Roz

The title of this episode can mean so many things. It initially refers to Roz new position in a different radio station. However, I like to think of it as: A character change for Roz, A character change for Frasier, A new position for everyone. Times have changed, Roz and Frasier aren't tight friends as they used to be. The end of season 10 shakes us all up in disbelief until, indeed, in season 11, these things that we are accustomed to are revived by he likes of Joe Keenan and co.

THUS, although I agree with most of your criticisms of season 10, I think it is unfair to say that it didnt capture the brilliance of the other seasons. I like to think that it did, albeit in a very different way. :D
Don't get me started on rationalistic pantheism or there go the whole three hours!
Frasier

Postby Cake for Brains » Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:26 pm

Interesting comments Frasier, particularly your interpretation of 'A New Position for Roz'.

I'm glad you thought Season 10 was as good as the proceeding season's, but I think you're in the minority (not that that's a bad thing at all - its great to have differences in opinion). The first five season's are generally considered the show's best years (the 'classic' era). Season 6 and 7 divide fans, and are also seen as very funny, just not at the same level as to what had gone before. Season 8 is considered the worst of the 11 made, with 9 and 10 showing distinct improvements, but still not coming anywhere close to matching the previoys years. After these three season's, the final season is generally deemed as a return to form for the show - thus allowing it to conclude on a high.

This is a brief generalisation of how most fans see the show - but I'm all for new ideas, perspectives and opinions. Glad you enjoyed Season 10 so much, its got its fair share of excellent episodes IMO.
"I don't want to go." - The Tenth Doctor
Cake for Brains

Postby Nervosa » Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:29 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:
Nervosa wrote:Ahhh thanks Cakey. One of those bizzare "blame the writers" instances. From the ep description of 11.01, it did seem to be a bit mellow considering the scale of their argument.

In A New Position For Roz, Frasier seemed very heartless; not his usual friendly self. Now I know why.

I wouldn't take that as gospel, Nervosa, just a libellous rumour perpetrated by us fans on t'internet! :lol:

I watched a documentary about Pete in the early days last night, he's such a funny bloke!
There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary code, and those who don't.
Nervosa

Postby Wezzo » Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:44 pm

Merry Christmas, Mrs. Moskowitz.

Not sure what I think. Some parts are great, classic quality, other parts - particularly the ending - are more like something from S8. On balance, probably a B.
Wezzo

Postby welshben23 » Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:29 pm

I watched that episode this morning Wes, I just love the part where Frasier shouts "JESUS".
welshben23

Postby Wezzo » Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:46 pm

welshben23 wrote:I watched that episode this morning Wes, I just love the part where Frasier shouts "JESUS".

:lol: Yeah, that's hilarious.

Just watched Miracle On 3rd or 4th Street and Frasier Grinch. Both solid A+.
Wezzo

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon Dec 25, 2006 2:55 pm

Nervosa wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:

I watched a documentary about Pete in the early days last night, he's such a funny bloke!

Yep, I've just got his double DVD live set today, which I'm looking forward to viewing!
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon Dec 25, 2006 2:58 pm

Wezzo wrote:Merry Christmas, Mrs. Moskowitz.

Not sure what I think. Some parts are great, classic quality, other parts - particularly the ending - are more like something from S8. On balance, probably a B.

Yeah, that was horrible, and ruined an otherwise classic ep for me. How Jay Kogan won an Emmy for that ep is beyond me. There were so many better eps that season. I can only think the Jewish parody won a few votes.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Wezzo » Mon Dec 25, 2006 8:24 pm

Perspectives on Christmas A
High Holidays A
Wezzo

Postby DHP » Mon Dec 25, 2006 8:34 pm

Perspectives on Christmas. Me and my family had just seen Christmas in at a carol service at a church nearby. We got back at about 12:30am, and by the time we'd torn through our presents and seen what everyone else had, we were all getting really tired and everyone was talking of going to bed.

I put this episode on (as I previously owned the R1 Season 5 so knew it was worth it) and said that if people wanted to go to bed, to feel free, but I was gonna stay up and watch this episode. Everyone started to move to their rooms, but when they heard Martin reach for that note, laughter ensued and everyone had a fantastic 20 minutes laughing their socks off at this great episode!
Goodnight Seattle, we love ya!!!
DHP

Postby Frasier » Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:18 pm

DHP wrote:Perspectives on Christmas. Me and my family had just seen Christmas in at a carol service at a church nearby. We got back at about 12:30am, and by the time we'd torn through our presents and seen what everyone else had, we were all getting really tired and everyone was talking of going to bed.

I put this episode on (as I previously owned the R1 Season 5 so knew it was worth it) and said that if people wanted to go to bed, to feel free, but I was gonna stay up and watch this episode. Everyone started to move to their rooms, but when they heard Martin reach for that note, laughter ensued and everyone had a fantastic 20 minutes laughing their socks off at this great episode!

It's nice to know you had a nice day. I still laugh about that Martin thing :lol:
Don't get me started on rationalistic pantheism or there go the whole three hours!
Frasier

Postby Wezzo » Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:46 am

Where There's Smoke, There's Fired A-
You Can Go Home Again A/A+
Wezzo

Postby Nervosa » Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:22 pm

All of Season 5's disc one.
There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary code, and those who don't.
Nervosa

Postby me123 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:00 pm

Frasier Grinch - I think it's funny when Niles gives the guy a cheque :D (of course, Maris cut it off).
me123

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:01 pm

Voyage of the Damned.

I'd never seen this episode before, although I'd read the script. It's now one of my favourites.
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Postby dorianblue » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:36 pm

I watched 'The Ski Lodge' again last night. Weirdly, for a farce episode, I actually enjoy it more each time I watch it. The performances are so good. I love the leer and the "Yeees" that Niles gives Daphne when they're watching the deer in the snow. I love Frasier saying that he should register his dressing gown with "the loooove police." But I especially love Guy. Everything that comes out of his mouth is hilarious, as are his facial expressions (all those coquettish little smiles! :D ). Great guest performance.

Also, I love Daphne's ambiguous behaviour where Niles is concerned in this episode. Okay, maybe there's nothing very ambiguous about "I do not want him for myself!" but maybe she was just being defensive, eh? Humour me. :wink:
dorianblue

Postby DHP » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:40 pm

My Fair Frasier and Desperately Seeking Closure. Just realised I posted this on the 'last TV show...' thread as well as this one.
DHP

Postby yay_boredom » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:49 am

I saw "And The Dish Ran Away With the Spoon", it was an 'ehhhh' episode. Not extremely humorous. Though I loved Daphne and Niles acting all awkward and Simon being well Simon. 5/10
yay_boredom

Postby Dear Dr Quain » Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:25 pm

The Maris Counseller

I still think it has to be voted HILARIOUS, especially when Niles says the heat from Maris' side of the bed tipped him off that it was not her :lol:
FRASIER: Oh come on... you try dealing with a call screener who says 'Docta Quain, we have a queptamaniac on line thwee!'
Dear Dr Quain

Postby Wezzo » Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:15 pm

Crane Vs Crane B-
Police Story B+
Frasier Loves Roz B+
The Focus Grup B+
The Two Mrs Cranes A++
Love Bites Dog B+
The Impossible Dream A

All with family.
Wezzo

Postby yay_boredom » Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:52 pm

I just watched Shutout in Seattle, and I personally loved it. Especially when they were all the Cranes were singing "Goldfinger". 9/10
yay_boredom

Postby Cake for Brains » Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:49 am

Glad you enjoyed Shutout in Seattle. It's one of my very favourites - severely underrated season finale. It's hilarious throughout, and in it's own small way the Cranes singing 'Goldfinger' is as emotional/rewarding as the end of SBSB.
Cake for Brains

Postby DHP » Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:00 am

Ain't Nobody's Business If "I Do" and Zoo Story. Watching Niles enter the door and his laugh after hearing about Frasier's adventures with the bird... brilliant! Halfway through season 5 now, and loving it!
DHP

Postby Wezzo » Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:59 am

Glad you liked Zoo Story, DHP - one of S5's weakest IMO.

RDWRER A
Goodnight, Seattle A+
Wezzo

PreviousNext

Return to Frasier Discussion