Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Roz or Daphne?

A forum for Frasier and Frasier-related games / polls / quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum.

whom do you prefer Roz or Daphne?

Roz
55%
Daphne
45%

Total votes : 89

Roz or Daphne?

Postby Frasier » Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:22 pm

Hello all,
One question, whom do you prefer Roz or Daphne?

I ask that you vote, not on their dispropotinate amount of time on air and on their own character developement. Rather Please vote on their Character, and solely their character. EG: Women: Who would be a better friend. Men: Which would you prefer to date(character-wise)? I know those are ridiculous examples, but they aid my point.

So please judge by their characters, and not to the importance of Frasier.
Thanks

:D
Don't get me started on rationalistic pantheism or there go the whole three hours!
Frasier

Postby Frasier » Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:22 pm

It's very difficult for me. But I think I'd warm to Roz better than would to Daphne :D
Don't get me started on rationalistic pantheism or there go the whole three hours!
Frasier

Postby Davey Boy » Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:56 pm

Now that's a toughie, give me some time and I'll get back to you!
Woody: Pour you a beer, Mr. Peterson?

Norm: Alright, but stop me at one. Make that one-thirty.
Davey Boy

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:44 pm

Um...

I think both of them are great. I think I'll go for Roz, but she only just gets my vote.
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Postby Cake for Brains » Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:51 pm

If Daphne hadn't lost all her endearing qualities at the end of Season 7 it would have been a very hard decision - but as it stands, I went for Roz, although she was criminally underused in the later years.
"I don't want to go." - The Tenth Doctor
Cake for Brains

Postby Paul B » Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:00 pm

Roz. I felt she and Martin were the only characters who didn't go downhill in the later years.
Paul B

Postby Nervosa » Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:05 pm

For a 'date', I'd say early seasons' Daphne and latter seasons' Roz. I'll give Roz my vote I think.
There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary code, and those who don't.
Nervosa

Postby Stratman » Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:07 pm

I'm with Niles, Daphne was a goddess. She get's my vote.
Stratman

Postby Wezzo » Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:29 pm

I really don't know.

Daphne is more instantly likeable as a character, but Roz was more consistently funny over the 11 years.

I won't vote yet.
Wezzo

Postby Frasier » Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:14 pm

Wezzo wrote:I really don't know.

Daphne is more instantly likeable as a character, but Roz was more consistently funny over the 11 years.

I won't vote yet.

Why would you say she's more instantly likable than Roz?

I seem to remember Daphne was pretty annoying at first, nevertheless what do you think?
Frasier

Postby Amber » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:07 pm

Daphne probably, I think Roz would be funnier to be around, but Daphne's more like me, quirky and odd ;)
Huge Frasier/Beatles fan ^_^

Martin: Daphne, I just thought of something funny - it took 3 Cranes to lift you!
Hungry Heart - After Daphne is helped up by Niles, Frasier and Martin.
Amber

Postby Frasier » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:22 pm

Amber wrote:Daphne probably, I think Roz would be funnier to be around, but Daphne's more like me, quirky and odd ;)

Perhaps Delightfully quirky :lol:
Frasier

Postby Wezzo » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:45 pm

Frasier wrote:
Wezzo wrote:I really don't know.

I won't vote yet.

Why would you say she's more instantly likable than Roz?

I seem to remember Daphne was pretty annoying at first, nevertheless what do you think?

I liked Daphne from the start of S1, and warmed to her faster. Quite eccentric and amusing. Roz I didn't like as much from the start, but gradually I warmed to her and she seemed to get funnier and funnier.
Wezzo

Postby me123 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:31 pm

Daphne is funnier than Roz cos she's quirkier. But it's a close call. In the end, I went for Daph.
me123

Postby Frasier » Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:24 pm

me123 wrote:Daphne is funnier than Roz cos she's quirkier. But it's a close call. In the end, I went for Daph.

Ah yes, she's funnier, but is her character better as a result?
Frasier

Postby me123 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:45 pm

Depends on the situations. As I've said, they are both equally good and equally underused characters. It' pretty much peronal preference in the end.
me123

Postby Frasier » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:24 pm

Yeah, I think you have a hierarchy of importance in Frasier that goes like this:

Frasier,

Niles Martin
Daphe
Roz
Others(and their hierarchies)
Frasier

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:22 am

I'm a Daphne man myself, just in terms of how good a character she was. I find Roz's character a bit of a sitcom cliche, althout Peri plays the part exceptionally well.
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Davey Boy » Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:44 am

I have come to a decision and gone with Roz. Can't really explain why but I just think I'd rather meet her than Daphne.
Woody: Pour you a beer, Mr. Peterson?

Norm: Alright, but stop me at one. Make that one-thirty.
Davey Boy

Postby Stratman » Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:19 am

Beer Necessity wrote:I'm a Daphne man myself, just in terms of how good a character she was. I find Roz's character a bit of a sitcom cliche, althout Peri plays the part exceptionally well.

Agreed.
Stratman

Postby UrcubanQT » Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:57 am

It is a tough call, because after watching these two women for 11 years, they almost become real people you would care about. I think after much deliberation, I must choose Daphne for one reason. Although Roz is a good friend, has a good heart, is humorous, and is one of those "pull you out of a rut" kind of friends...I don't like the fact that she was willing to sabotoge Daphne and Donny's relationship just because the two hadn't slept together yet (although, horray for the outcome because I was rooting for Niles anyway, although I do wish Roz could have had her fair chance at love)but...Daphne has a huge heart, is very loving, understanding, and never gave me any reason to doubt her loyalty. Plus, she's alot of fun. I can see the two of us playing darts or pool at one of her pubs or something. She also has kind of a similar family situation/upbringing, so I could always relate to her crazy family stuff. I think we could have been friends, whereas with Roz, I think I'd have to keep one eye open, and what is a friendship without trust?
Fraiser and Niles: "Oh some boys go to college, but we think they're all wussies...'cause they get all the knowledge, and we get all the--whumpta doompta doompta..."
UrcubanQT

Postby Frasier » Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:03 am

Beer Necessity wrote:I'm a Daphne man myself, just in terms of how good a character she was. I find Roz's character a bit of a sitcom cliche, althout Peri plays the part exceptionally well.

In what ways would you say Roz's character is a bit of a cliche?

Do you mean her feminist dismissive policies of men (sometimes) perhaps?
Frasier

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:07 pm

Frasier wrote:

In simple terms, Roz's character is the promiscuous female, which makes her ideal fodder for innumerable sex-related jokes and innuendo.

I liked the development of her character in season 5. That was probably her strongest season; the pregnancy story arc gave Peri much more chance to show her range. She was particularly good in The Kid, I think.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Stratman » Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:45 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:
Frasier wrote:

In simple terms, Roz's character is the promiscuous female, which makes her ideal fodder for innumerable sex-related jokes and innuendo.

Speaking from experience, that kind of character makes for a great, and very easy to acquire, gag per minute ratio.
Stratman

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:49 pm

Stratman wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:
Frasier wrote:

Speaking from experience, that kind of character makes for a great, and very easy to acquire, gag per minute ratio.

I think it worked extremely well in Frasier. They wrote clever jokes too; not just the obvious ones.
Mr Blue Sky

Next

Return to Frasier Games / Polls / Quizzes