Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Dear Diary

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Postby Nervosa » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:08 pm

Sideshow Meg wrote:Dear diary,

Today I have planned my History revision for my January exams for this evening (I work better in the evening), delivered some Christmas cards, watching lots of 'Motorworld' and had a good old cry with one of my best friends and downloaded some music.

I wonder are you doing the same as me..."Causes of the Second World War"..? I haven't started revising yet. My first exam's on the 8th of January. I'm getting slightly worried because I'm doing re-sits with some that material being over a year since I last looked at it. You'd think I'd start revising, but neh. I got an 'E' in my 4th politics essay in a row today and I've got another to look forward tomorrow...I live in hope. :?
There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary code, and those who don't.
Nervosa

Postby Frasier » Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:32 pm

Nervosa wrote:

Today I have planned my History revision for my January exams for this evening (I work better in the evening), delivered some Christmas cards, watching lots of 'Motorworld' and had a good old cry with one of my best friends and downloaded some music.

I wonder are you doing the same as me..."Causes of the Second World War"..? I haven't started revising yet. My first exam's on the 8th of January. I'm getting slightly worried because I'm doing re-sits with some that material being over a year since I last looked at it. You'd think I'd start revising, but neh. I got an 'E' in my 4th politics essay in a row today and I've got another to look forward tomorrow...I live in hope. :?

The key to writing a good essay is this:

Learn the material, and the structure will just flow.

(Im not trying to lecture btw) :lol:

An jolly good luck!
Don't get me started on rationalistic pantheism or there go the whole three hours!
Frasier

Postby Nervosa » Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:34 pm

Frasier wrote:
Nervosa wrote:

I know that. I got an 'A' for GCSE English and am on an 'A' for A-Level History. Essay writing comes naturally to me. But I hate politics as a subject in school. It's topics that are of no interest to me.
There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary code, and those who don't.
Nervosa

Postby Frasier » Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:36 pm

Nervosa wrote:
Frasier wrote:
Nervosa wrote:

I know that. I got an 'A' for GCSE English and am on an 'A' for A-Level History. Essay writing comes naturally to me. But I hate politics as a subject in school. It's topics that are of no interest to me.

I was awful for GCSE. My English was horrendous beyond belief.

Only by doing 3 essay subjects for AS did I eventually gain an affinity for the art of essay writing.
Don't get me started on rationalistic pantheism or there go the whole three hours!
Frasier

Postby Sideshow Meg » Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:45 pm

Nervosa wrote:

No, mine is on Nazi Foreign Policy which is an amazing topic, that I adore.

Frasier wrote:

I watched abit of Clarkson and co today- top gear abit earlier.

What did you have a good old cry about? :D

I watched Motorworld and laughed at his hair for about an hour and then a bit of Top Gear.

I was crying with my friend. She didn't get into Oxford so we had a bit of a virtual hug over MSN. It's not the be-all and end all for her though, and she has four other offers, waiting to hear from Durham so she's looking on the brightside.
Meg - A 'posh bit of crumpet'
Sideshow Meg

Postby Nervosa » Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:47 pm

Sideshow Meg wrote:
Nervosa wrote:

No, mine is on Nazi Foreign Policy which is an amazing topic, that I adore.

That's covered within my module, as well as the 'wider context.'
Nervosa

Postby Sideshow Meg » Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:50 pm

Our module title is: 'Expansion and 'something': Nazi Foreign Policy 1933-39'
Sideshow Meg

Postby Frasier » Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:53 pm

Sorry to hear about your friend Side Show Meg. I'm in the rejected from oxford club too.

What exam boards are you both doing?
Frasier

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:19 am

I'm sorry your friend didn't get into Oxford, Meg.

Dear Diary,

Today, I went to my secondary school to pick up a certificate, and met the guys that I used to hang around with. They invited me down to the pub this evening, and I agreed to go.

I also saw my English teacher - we talked for about ten minutes; it was really nice seeing him again - and a few others. I really miss the place; it was great to be back there for a while.

Then, this evening, I went to the pub for a few hours along with the twins Lauren and Siobhan, Cheryl, Melissa, Gary H, Gary I and Ben. And as soon as I walked in there, they were playing the Bee Gees singing How Deep is Your Love on the TV! I excitedly yelled it out to everyone and started telling them which Bee Gee was which. "Guys! That's Maurice! That's Robin! That's Barry! They're great!" I don't know whether any of them were paying attention, however.

It was lovely being back at school.
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:35 am

Bee Gees Fan wrote: as I walked in there, they were playing the Bee Gees singing How Deep is Your Love on the TV! I excitedly yelled it out to everyone and started telling them which Bee Gee was which. "Guys! That's Maurice! That's Robin! That's Barry! They're great!" I don't know whether any of them were paying attention, however.

:lol: What an amusing image! It's good to catch up with old friends though, glad you enjoyed it.
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Sideshow Meg » Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:03 am

Frasier wrote:Sorry to hear about your friend Side Show Meg. I'm in the rejected from oxford club too.

What exam boards are you both doing?

I have no idea which board, AQA possibly?

She's happy that she at least got an interview and she's not doing anything like taking a year out to re-apply, because she has other options.
Sideshow Meg

Postby Frasier » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:19 pm

Well I know in my college they're doing a mixture of British and American foreign and domestic policies in the 1930s onwards and things like that.
But now, they're doing their personal studies.
Frasier

Postby Sideshow Meg » Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:06 pm

Dear Diary,

I just got a letter from UCAS telling how to reply to my offers now that I have decisions on all six (Six offers, I'm pleased to report). Now I just have to choose, but I think I know which I'm going to choose.
Sideshow Meg

Postby Frasier » Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:32 pm

Sideshow Meg wrote:Dear Diary,

I just got a letter from UCAS telling how to reply to my offers now that I have decisions on all six (Six offers, I'm pleased to report). Now I just have to choose, but I think I know which I'm going to choose.

Cool, where from?
Frasier

Postby Sideshow Meg » Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:49 pm

East Anglia (That's my first choice, I'm 99.9% sure of that), Manchester, Keele, Kent, Hull and Sussex.
Sideshow Meg

Postby Frasier » Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:54 pm

Sideshow Meg wrote:East Anglia (That's my first choice, I'm 99.9% sure of that), Manchester, Keele, Kent, Hull and Sussex.

Well Jolly Well Done. Six offers- very good.

I'm still waiting for an offer from the 4 that are left. Oxford and LSE already rejected me. barrrrg :x
Frasier

Postby Sideshow Meg » Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:06 pm

That's a shame, what do you hope to study?

I think I've been incredibly lucky with my application, I got all my offers in less than two months of sending off my application, so I'm extremely grateful and now, I'm planning on working really hard to achieve my grades.
Sideshow Meg

Postby Frasier » Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:15 pm

Sideshow Meg wrote:That's a shame, what do you hope to study?

I think I've been incredibly lucky with my application, I got all my offers in less than two months of sending off my application, so I'm extremely grateful and now, I'm planning on working really hard to achieve my grades.

I guess thats a very good motive you have there. :D

I'm still waiting for:
Durham, Warwick, UCL and Nottingham to reply for my chosen course which is: Law.
Frasier

Postby Sideshow Meg » Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:17 pm

Two of my friends are waiting for Durham and Warwick between them.
Sideshow Meg

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:24 pm

Sideshow Meg wrote:East Anglia (That's my first choice, I'm 99.9% sure of that), Manchester, Keele, Kent, Hull and Sussex.

Oh, you'll only be about an hour's drive away from where I live, Meg. :) Someone at the university I go to lives in Norwich, and she said it only takes about ten minutes to get there on the train.

You could come down to Cambridge sometime. You never know, you might see me there. :) I don't live in Cambridge, but I've been having to take the bus there four times a week for the last three months.
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Sideshow Meg » Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:34 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:

Oh, you'll only be about an hour's drive away from where I live, Meg. :) Someone at the university I go to lives in Norwich, and she said it only takes about ten minutes to get there on the train.

You could come down to Cambridge sometime. You never know, you might see me there. :) I don't live in Cambridge, but I've been having to take the bus there four times a week for the last three months.

That'd be cool BGF :D
Sideshow Meg

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:36 pm

Sideshow Meg wrote:That'd be cool BGF :D

I wouldn't speak too soon, Meg... :)

Today, I saw my favourite Sesame Street characters again and saw a childhood film that I hadn't seen in some time!

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Sideshow Meg » Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:49 pm

Ooh, which film?
Sideshow Meg

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:07 pm

Sideshow Meg wrote:Ooh, which film?

North. It's kind of surreal in places, and doesn't get very good reviews, but I remembered it fondly and gladly watched it today.

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Sideshow Meg » Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:57 am

Some of the films with bad reviews turn out to be great.
Sideshow Meg

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion