Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Dear Diary

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:22 am

Beer Necessity wrote:I haven't done a stroke of work since I came in 3 and a half hours ago. My boss will be seriously pissed, and may well even terminate my employment.

Butter your boss up. Or do something about your work ethic.

Your choice. :) Which is easier?
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:24 am

Wezzo wrote:
Bee Gees Fan wrote:
Wezzo wrote:Have spent more time on Frasier Online than ever. It's proving addictive. It's even got in the way of me starting an essay, bah.

Shameful. Get started on the essay.

Nah, on second thoughts, forget the essay and stay here. :)

Haha. Well, it's too late to start tonight now, why not.. :)

BN: Glad you're experience of teens here is good - it's damn well not in real life. I often find myself complaining about 'teenagers today', despite being 16!

You're the most mature 16 year old I know. Also, Chadonnay's only about 16 or 17 and he's the same (though I'd never tell him that given our war or words on the political threads!! :lol: )
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Wezzo » Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:26 am

Beer Necessity wrote:
You're the most mature 16 year old I know. Also, Chadonnay's only about 16 or 17 and he's the same (though I'd never tell him that given our war or words on the political threads!! :lol: )

Heh, thanks!

Chardonnay's just a teenager? Jeezum crow. I'm among some intelligent people here..
Wezzo

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:28 am

Chardonnay's got a lovely name. George. Same as George Harrison's! I love it!
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:29 am

Wezzo wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:

Heh, thanks!

Chardonnay's just a teenager? Jeezum crow. I'm among some intelligent people here..

He's been here a couple of years and I think he revealed his age at 14 back then. Thanks to my killer maths knowledge I worked out that he must be 16 or 17 now. Even though I disagree with him most of the time it heartens me to know he's got such a strong interest in politics. So many people (of all ages) are apathetic.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:35 am

One year ago today, at this hour, and this minute, my first son was born.

I thought it deserved a diary entry. :D
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Wezzo » Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:51 am

Beer Necessity wrote:One year ago today, at this hour, and this minute, my first son was born.

I think it does!

Happy birthday to your son, and congratulations to you and your wife.
Wezzo

Postby Frasier » Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:58 am

Wezzo wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:One year ago today, at this hour, and this minute, my first son was born.

I think it does!

Happy birthday to your son, and congratulations to you and your wife.

I too would like to wish your son Happy Birthday and congratulations to your wife and to you :D
Don't get me started on rationalistic pantheism or there go the whole three hours!
Frasier

Postby Stratman » Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:47 pm

[:]DRINK[/:]
Stratman

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:13 pm

Happy birthday, baby BN! :D I remember you mentioning it, BN, but for some reason, I was thinking his birthday was later in the month.

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Sideshow Meg » Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:33 pm

Happy birthday baby BN!

(Is that Harrison?)
Meg - A 'posh bit of crumpet'
Sideshow Meg

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:16 pm

Sideshow Meg wrote:

Happy birthday baby BN!

(Is that Harrison?)

Yep! Cheers Meg (and everyone), we had a nice birthday bash for him this afternoon, it was lovely! :D
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Cake for Brains » Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:29 pm

Yep! Cheers Meg (and everyone), we had a nice birthday bash for him this afternoon, it was lovely!

Glad to hear he had a nice first birthday!
"I don't want to go." - The Tenth Doctor
Cake for Brains

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:12 pm

I suppose by now he must have learnt a few words - what was his first word, BN?

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Sideshow Meg » Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:13 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:
Sideshow Meg wrote:

Happy birthday baby BN!

(Is that Harrison?)

Yep! Cheers Meg (and everyone), we had a nice birthday bash for him this afternoon, it was lovely! :D

As somebody who runs childrens' parties at a leisure centre, I can appreciate how much work must have been put in. Glad it was enjoyed!
Sideshow Meg

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:15 pm

You run children's parties, Meg? Do you ever get any horrible little brats?

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:20 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:I suppose by now he must have learnt a few words - what was his first word, BN?

Daddy. :D
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:21 pm

Sideshow Meg wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:
Sideshow Meg wrote:

Happy birthday baby BN!

(Is that Harrison?)

As somebody who runs childrens' parties at a leisure centre, I can appreciate how much work must have been put in. Glad it was enjoyed!

Hehe, my missus and mother-in-law did all the hard work - I just provided the cash!
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:23 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:Daddy. :D

Oh! That must have pleased you. Was your wife jealous that his first word was "Daddy" instead of "Mummy"?

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:29 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:

Oh! That must have pleased you. Was your wife jealous that his first word was "Daddy" instead of "Mummy"?

No she was ok about it. Most babies have trouble with 'mummy' - the 'M' sound is difficult for a child to make at that age as it's formed by the lips, not with the tongue. My daughter didn't say it properly until she was about two! :shock:

A high percentage say 'Daddy' as their first word - including, I believe, our very own Megan!
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Sideshow Meg » Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:47 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:
Bee Gees Fan wrote:

No she was ok about it. Most babies have trouble with 'mummy' - the 'M' sound is difficult for a child to make at that age as it's formed by the lips, not with the tongue. My daughter didn't say it properly until she was about two! :shock:

A high percentage say 'Daddy' as their first word - including, I believe, our very own Megan!

I certainly did indeed. Do you think that there's any fact in a child saying 'Daddy' as their first word and growing up a bit of a Daddy's girl, because that's what happened to me.
Sideshow Meg

Postby Sideshow Meg » Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:51 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:You run children's parties, Meg? Do you ever get any horrible little brats?

At the leisure centre where I work, people book parties and I look after them. I do swimming parties, so I go in the swimming pool and make sure everyone is safe, and then, I serve their food. The latter part seems like basic waitressing sometimes but at £6.31, I don't care!
Sideshow Meg

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:05 pm

Sideshow Meg wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:
Bee Gees Fan wrote:

I certainly did indeed. Do you think that there's any fact in a child saying 'Daddy' as their first word and growing up a bit of a Daddy's girl, because that's what happened to me.

For some reason daughters do seem to favour their dads - maybe that's the reason!
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Frasier » Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:40 pm

So it was "daddy" :D

But it wasn't like Frederick Crane who's first word was "Dada" at which point Frasier thought, for a second, that he was a gifted art savant :lol:
Don't get me started on rationalistic pantheism or there go the whole three hours!
Frasier

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:01 am

In an episode of Cheers, Frederick's first word was "Norm" - although Lilith thought he said "Mommy!" :D

So, BN, do you intend to spoil your kids rotten, or are you going to maintain a firm stance?

Bee Gees Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion