Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Dear Diary

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Postby Nervosa » Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:55 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:I wouldn't underestimate them, Nervosa. It's always best to be prepared.

Tell your demons to come get some then, I'll be awaitin'.
Nervosa

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:04 am

Oh, I'd love to get rid of my demons! Having your own private demons to grapple with can be unpleasant.

But I don't think you'd want them.
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Postby Sideshow Meg » Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:57 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:
Sideshow Meg wrote:It's a very full-on thread! It takes quite a lot of courage to jump in there when I've seen the ferocity of the arguments. I might pop over there though soon.

Jolly good!

Ferocious...moi? :wink:

:lol:

It might not seem this way but I do stand my ground immensely when debating or arguing a point. My debating teacher once said one of my points was so right-wing, it was veering upon Nazism! I didn't necessarily agree with the point I was making but that's what I had to argue so did it with enthusiasm and passion!
Meg - A 'posh bit of crumpet'
Sideshow Meg

Postby Sideshow Meg » Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:58 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:Meg is clearly intelligent, and some intelligent people have quite fragile minds. Heated political arguments can sometimes be too much for our minds (we very easily fold under pressure.)

That's why, if I'm ever involved in an argument about politics, I'll try to bring other things into it, in an attempt to stop the fighting.

Aww thanks!
Sideshow Meg

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:36 pm

Sideshow Meg wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:
Sideshow Meg wrote:It's a very full-on thread! It takes quite a lot of courage to jump in there when I've seen the ferocity of the arguments. I might pop over there though soon.

Jolly good!

It might not seem this way but I do stand my ground immensely when debating or arguing a point. My debating teacher once said one of my points was so right-wing, it was veering upon Nazism! I didn't necessarily agree with the point I was making but that's what I had to argue so did it with enthusiasm and passion!

That reminds me of a comment Charles Kennedy's debating teacher made about him. Basically he's turn up to the debating society, ask "Which side am I on?" and be able to argue that point with utter conviction. Sounds like you have the same gift!
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Sideshow Meg » Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:47 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:
Sideshow Meg wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:

Jolly good!

That reminds me of a comment Charles Kennedy's debating teacher made about him. Basically he's turn up to the debating society, ask "Which side am I on?" and be able to argue that point with utter conviction. Sounds like you have the same gift!

I do tend to be like that. Luckily I can usually see an argument from both sides.
Sideshow Meg

Postby Wezzo » Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:54 pm

Let's dial up the "Dear Diary" aspect of the thread a mo.

Dear Diary,

I just went for a meal out to an Italian restaurant with the family. 'Twas rather nice. I had cheese & tomato pizza followed by white chocolate & apricot ice-cream.

..There, that'll do.
Wezzo

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:28 am

I'm in the mood for ice cream now.

Luckily, my Mum bought some magnums.

Sounds like a nice meal, Wezzo. As for me, today, I used the computer, did some homework, went into town, listened to music, watched TV, and am now on the computer again.

Pandeiro thinks his life is dull? :) Mind you, I enjoy what I do. It's not adventurous, but I like it.

However, I would love to go on an adventure like the one in The Goonies.
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Nervosa » Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:01 am

I got up early. Went down to the gym for a good workout for an hour. Went to take the Saturday shift looking after my great-grandparents. Met with my aunt who's back visiting home from Canada. Then I went to the cinema with my girlfriend tonight to see The Departed. And 'dear diary', that movie kicked a vast amount of ass.
Nervosa

Postby Sideshow Meg » Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:19 am

Dear Diary (from yesterday),

I bought a scarf that is longer than my body. It is in fact longer than the distance between my ceiling and my floor (A measurement discovered by standing precariously on my bed)
Sideshow Meg

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:59 pm

Last night, I went down to see the Christmas lights being switched on. It was fun - loads of people were down town, and I enjoyed listening to the carol singers. I also ran into two guys I knew from secondary school - Gary and Edward. They're involved in the upcoming pantomime, and Ed told me I had to come and see it, so I agreed. It's Treasure Island - I believed Ed said he didn't have a part, but Gary is playing a guy called Ben Gunn.

And today, we watched a Friends episode in my writing seminar. I like Friends, so that was fun. It wasn't all we did, though - don't go thinking that university students get to watch TV shows in their lessons.

Bee Gees Fan

Postby neleh » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:29 pm

Today I spent a depressingly long time at uni in the library searching for books for my essay, only to find that most of them have been taken by all the other journalism students for their essays!! gutted
neleh

Postby DHP » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:27 pm

Nervosa wrote:
DHP wrote:"Jackpot!" - Quagmire, Family Guy.

:D

Dunno if anyone else has made that joke yet based on the title for this thread, or if they're even aware of it. If not, I'd strongly advise checking out season 3. It's a classic moment.

Isn't that when he finds a cheer-leader tied up or something like that?

Yup. "Dear Diary. Jackpot!" Every time I see this thread on the main page, I think of that line.
Goodnight Seattle, we love ya!!!
DHP

Postby Nervosa » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:31 pm

DHP wrote:
Nervosa wrote:

Dunno if anyone else has made that joke yet based on the title for this thread, or if they're even aware of it. If not, I'd strongly advise checking out season 3. It's a classic moment.

Yup. "Dear Diary. Jackpot!" Every time I see this thread on the main page, I think of that line.

And now I will too! :lol:
Nervosa

Postby DHP » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:43 pm

Nervosa wrote:
DHP wrote:
Nervosa wrote:

And now I will too! :lol:

Good stuff. Doesn't hurt to have a laugh on some of these threads. :D
Goodnight Seattle, we love ya!!!
DHP

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:29 am

This isn't really a diary entry, but I've just realised that 2nd December has just started, and I was quite surprised. Christmas is looking very close, and I can't believe how time has flown this past year or so.

Also, 2nd December 2006 marks the 2nd anniversary of BN's joining Frasier Online. Well, maybe he joined earlier than that, but I do believe his first post was posted on 2nd December 2004. He was a humble new guy back then, and just getting to know all of us scary FO people. I must have freaked him out quite early on - I remember him telling me quite a few times in his first few months here that I was mad (in a very friendly way, though.)

So happy anniversary, BN. :)

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Nervosa » Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:31 am

The year mark is creeping up for me.
Nervosa

Postby Wezzo » Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:16 am

I'm goig on a trip to a student politics conference on Monday. Not looking forward to it though, really!
Wezzo

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:52 am

Sideshow Meg wrote:Dear Diary (from yesterday),

I bought a scarf that is longer than my body. It is in fact longer than the distance between my ceiling and my floor (A measurement discovered by standing precariously on my bed)

Hey, is the Tom Baker look back in fashion? :D
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:54 am

Bee Gees Fan wrote:This isn't really a diary entry, but I've just realised that 2nd December has just started, and I was quite surprised. Christmas is looking very close, and I can't believe how time has flown this past year or so.

Also, 2nd December 2006 marks the 2nd anniversary of BN's joining Frasier Online. Well, maybe he joined earlier than that, but I do believe his first post was posted on 2nd December 2004. He was a humble new guy back then, and just getting to know all of us scary FO people. I must have freaked him out quite early on - I remember him telling me quite a few times in his first few months here that I was mad (in a very friendly way, though.)

So happy anniversary, BN. :)

Cheers BGF - that's a pretty arbitary date though tbh. It's the date I first posted here but I knew you all way before then. I first added this site to my favourites back in 2001...
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:35 pm

Wezzo wrote:I'm goig on a trip to a student politics conference on Monday. Not looking forward to it though, really!

Why not, Wezzo? You like politics, don't you?

BN, you've been here five years, but 2nd December 2004 is the day we were all introduced to you...so I suppose it's our anniversary, really.

What made you finally decide to post? Why so quiet for so long?

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:48 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:What made you finally decide to post? Why so quiet for so long?

I only used this site for Stu's episode capsules really. I wanted to look up which episodes I's just seen on Paramount and to which season they belonged, etc. I remember reading every single review Stu had done one nightshift too. I'd occasionally look on the message board (which had a very different format back in 2001, and was actually quite difficult to follow) to gage current fan opinion. I remember coming on here when Freudian Sleep aired to see what reaction was to that off-the-wall episode and was surprised to find it was almost universally loved!

I suppose my job became less hectic around 2004 which allowed me to post from work (I didn't get chance at home, and still don't). I also didn't really see the appeal of message boards until I came on here and gave it a go - I'm glad I did! :D
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Wezzo » Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:47 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:
Wezzo wrote:I'm goig on a trip to a student politics conference on Monday. Not looking forward to it though, really!

Not a fan of trips, and we get two hours free time, which I don't want - I don't like going around cities I don't know.
Wezzo

Postby Nervosa » Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:55 pm

Wezzo wrote:
Bee Gees Fan wrote:

Not a fan of trips, and we get two hours free time, which I don't want - I don't like going around cities I don't know.

My Politics class went to Dublin last year for a trip. Wezzo, if you don't want to go, don't; they can't make you. I didn't go on mine (because I don't like the people in the class :lol: I only have one mate in the class and he's mates with all the rest of them, so I didn't fancy walking around with a group of 14 people I didn't like for a day...one hour in class is bad enough!)
Nervosa

Postby Wezzo » Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:37 pm

Nervosa wrote:
Wezzo wrote:
Bee Gees Fan wrote:

My Politics class went to Dublin last year for a trip. Wezzo, if you don't want to go, don't; they can't make you. I didn't go on mine (because I don't like the people in the class :lol: I only have one mate in the class and he's mates with all the rest of them, so I didn't fancy walking around with a group of 14 people I didn't like for a day...one hour in class is bad enough!)

Good advice there. And I've decided I'm not. :)
Wezzo

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion