Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Dear Diary

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Postby Sideshow Meg » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:29 pm

No *shudders at the thought of blood*. I'm doing American Studies.
Meg - A 'posh bit of crumpet'
Sideshow Meg

Postby Nervosa » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:34 pm

Sideshow Meg wrote:No *shudders at the thought of blood*. I'm doing American Studies.

A friend of mine's brother is currently in America for a period of time as he's doing that.

I've written my personal statement about History. Did you write yours simply about American Studies, Meg?
Nervosa

Postby Sideshow Meg » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:40 pm

Well, since it's a mixture of American history, politics and literature, I drew on all aspects of that. For example, I study history and my favourite period is the Cold War era so mentioned that. Then for English, I said how I had been to the John Steinbeck centre in California which had enchanced my enjoyment of American Literature and finally for politics, I wrote about being the chairman of the debate team.

My friend has applied for History and she wrote about how History had impacted her, the past influencing the present etc.

I only sent my UCAS off 12 days ago, I'm just lucky that I got quick replies.
Sideshow Meg

Postby Nervosa » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:57 pm

Okay, I think I have all the sections done bar the Personal Statement and Course Choices. I'm a bit stressed.
Nervosa

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:44 pm

I'm really happy for you, Meg! :) You must be really pleased. Just be thankful that you don't get possessed by a goldfish while you're at university. It's very unpleasant.

Oh, I made some progress with astral projection on Sunday night! I ended up giving up, because my body was shaking and tingling, and I can't yet get past that and actually project. So I sat up and then laid back down - and as I was laying my head back down on the pillow, I felt a tugging at my face, as though my astral face was straining to get out! People seem to think this was positive and shows improvement, so fingers crossed!
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Postby Sideshow Meg » Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:14 pm

I got a fourth offer today! It's unofficial to date but will be confirmed next week. I'm very excited :D
Sideshow Meg

Postby Nervosa » Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:30 pm

It's weird that they accept you before you've done the actual A-Levels. Do you know what the story is there, Meg? Is your offer terminated if you mess up in the exams?
Nervosa

Postby Sideshow Meg » Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:05 pm

Well, for the offer I got today, the grades they are offering may change. The deal with offers and exam results is that if you don't get your grades, you will have to go through clearing before you get a place. I think.
Sideshow Meg

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:29 pm

Yes, that's right, Meg.

Which universities have you applied to?
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

Bee Gees Fan

Postby DHP » Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:59 am

"Jackpot!" - Quagmire, Family Guy.

:D

Dunno if anyone else has made that joke yet based on the title for this thread, or if they're even aware of it. If not, I'd strongly advise checking out season 3. It's a classic moment.
Goodnight Seattle, we love ya!!!
DHP

Postby Nervosa » Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:43 am

DHP wrote:"Jackpot!" - Quagmire, Family Guy.

:D

Dunno if anyone else has made that joke yet based on the title for this thread, or if they're even aware of it. If not, I'd strongly advise checking out season 3. It's a classic moment.

Isn't that when he finds a cheer-leader tied up or something like that?
Nervosa

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:29 am

Sideshow Meg wrote:Well, since it's a mixture of American history, politics and literature, I drew on all aspects of that. For example, I study history and my favourite period is the Cold War era so mentioned that. Then for English, I said how I had been to the John Steinbeck centre in California which had enchanced my enjoyment of American Literature and finally for politics, I wrote about being the chairman of the debate team.

My friend has applied for History and she wrote about how History had impacted her, the past influencing the present etc.

I only sent my UCAS off 12 days ago, I'm just lucky that I got quick replies.

I'd no idea you were interested in American politics, Meg! Or that you are chair of your debate team. Why not join us in the politics threads?
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Sideshow Meg » Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:46 pm

It's a very full-on thread! It takes quite a lot of courage to jump in there when I've seen the ferocity of the arguments. I might pop over there though soon.
Sideshow Meg

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:58 pm

Sideshow Meg wrote:It's a very full-on thread! It takes quite a lot of courage to jump in there when I've seen the ferocity of the arguments. I might pop over there though soon.

Jolly good!

Ferocious...moi? :wink:
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:53 pm

Meg is clearly intelligent, and some intelligent people have quite fragile minds. Heated political arguments can sometimes be too much for our minds (we very easily fold under pressure.)

That's why, if I'm ever involved in an argument about politics, I'll try to bring other things into it, in an attempt to stop the fighting.

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Nervosa » Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:55 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:Meg is clearly intelligent, and some intelligent people have quite fragile minds. Heated political arguments can sometimes be too much for our minds (we very easily fold under pressure.)

I love the way you ever so modestly used a collective 'we' there, BGF! :P
Nervosa

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:01 pm

I have felt that my mind is fragile for a long time now. However, that does not mean that I have any notions that I am more intelligent than the average person.

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Nervosa » Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:06 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:I have felt that my mind is fragile for a long time now. However, that does not mean that I have any notions that I am more intelligent than the average person.

I know, I was only teasing.
Nervosa

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:18 pm

I know you were. Although I sometimes find it hard to tell whether somebody means something they say or not. I tend to take most things seriously.

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Nervosa » Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:23 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:I know you were. Although I sometimes find it hard to tell whether somebody means something they say or not. I tend to take most things seriously.

I know what you mean, it's hard to tell on the net. In 'real life' you've got body language and voice tone to go by, but here you don't.
Nervosa

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:31 pm

But even in real life, it's hard for me to tell. It's another Asperger's Syndrome thing. All my life, people have commented on how I take a lot of things seriously and literally.

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Nervosa » Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:34 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:But even in real life, it's hard for me to tell. It's another Asperger's Syndrome thing. All my life, people have commented on how I take a lot of things seriously and literally.

Oh that's interesting. My problem is that I don't take anything seriously! My school studies, I just think 'sod it, I'll do it tomorrow.' I'm often told if I'm any more laid back I'd be horizontal! But of course, BGF, you know I wouldn't say anything to offend in all seriousness. I only kid around.
Nervosa

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:42 pm

You would if you were possessed by a demon, Nervosa.

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Nervosa » Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:44 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:You would if you were possessed by a demon, Nervosa.

Demons are too scared to possess this bad lad :lol:
Nervosa

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:53 pm

I wouldn't underestimate them, Nervosa. It's always best to be prepared.

Bee Gees Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion