Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Dear Diary

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:48 pm

I was coming home from Cambridge on the bus earlier, this evening (it was about half past five, and it was dark) and I saw a UFO. It was very bright, but not bright like plane lights - it was round and the light emanating from it was golden, and it was bobbing about in the sky.
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Postby Nervosa » Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:04 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:I was coming home from Cambridge on the bus earlier, this evening (it was about half past five, and it was dark) and I saw a UFO. It was very bright, but not bright like plane lights - it was round and the light emanating from it was golden, and it was bobbing about in the sky.

Do you mean UFO in it's literal sense; simply an unidentified flying object - or the same sort of UFO from The Candidate?!
There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary code, and those who don't.
Nervosa

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:17 pm

Nervosa wrote:Do you mean UFO in it's literal sense; simply an unidentified flying object - or the same sort of UFO from The Candidate?!

Well, I'd like for it to have been the same sort of UFO from The Candidate, but unfortunately, I have no way of knowing.
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Nervosa » Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:34 pm

Did anyone else on the bus see it too?
There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary code, and those who don't.
Nervosa

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:35 pm

Nervosa wrote:Did anyone else on the bus see it too?

No, I think I was the only one. And yes, this makes my story seem unreliable.

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Nervosa » Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:40 pm

My girlfriend's work is about 150 miles from here. She's just recieved flowers and a dinner invitation from a guy that works in the local bank there. She's mortified. He's early 30s at least. What should I do people?! Apparently he "flirts" with her when she has to go to the bank for work and she's not too comfortable with it. Advice?! He's too far away for me to have a word with him...
Nervosa

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:01 pm

Nervosa wrote:My girlfriend's work is about 150 miles from here. She's just recieved flowers and a dinner invitation from a guy that works in the local bank there. She's mortified. He's early 30s at least. What should I do people?! Apparently he "flirts" with her when she has to go to the bank for work and she's not too comfortable with it. Advice?! He's too far away for me to have a word with him...

Maybe your girlfriend could just outright tell him that she's not comfortable with what he's doing, that he's too old for her, and that she's already in a relationship, anyway. If he's got any sense, that should make him back off.

Or she could find out his phone number and you could call him. But try not to be too aggressive, unless the situation calls for it.

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Rodge » Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:52 pm

Nervosa wrote:My girlfriend's work is about 150 miles from here. She's just recieved flowers and a dinner invitation from a guy that works in the local bank there. She's mortified. He's early 30s at least. What should I do people?! Apparently he "flirts" with her when she has to go to the bank for work and she's not too comfortable with it. Advice?! He's too far away for me to have a word with him...

Two words - "Sexual harassment"

Tell her to casually say to him; "Any advice on what I do here if I feel that I am being sexually harrassed. If he's not stupid, he will get the message, without her necessarily mentioning that he is the culprit. (Just remember school playground rules apply at work as well) and your missus doesn't want to be alienated for "telling tales" or be accused of being a "cry wolf" employee.
My fine is over £700 !! (",)
Rodge

Postby Nervosa » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:16 am

He's not in the same business as her, just the same town. But she has to do several trips to the bank each day. Well I'm in possession of his mobile number now. He's been phoned (not by me, I wasn't allowed) and told she has a boyfriend and isn't interested. He seemed to take it well. My girlfriend refuses to go back to the bank! :lol: Apart from it being my girlfriend he was hitting on (in fairness, he didn't know she was "off the market"), I think it's very inappropriate of him to ask her out, given that if she said 'no', it'd be awkward as she has to frequent the bank.
Nervosa

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:48 am

I'm glad it seems to be sorted out, Nervosa. Maybe he didn't really mean any harm.

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Nervosa » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:53 am

Bee Gees Fan wrote:I'm glad it seems to be sorted out, Nervosa. Maybe he didn't really mean any harm.

Well we'll find out. Next step might be more flowers to say 'sorry.' Then trips to her work to say 'sorry again' and get more friendly. I'm just paranoid because when you hear of a 30-something dating a teenager, you automatically think they're slightly perverted. Then again my girlfriend is very galmorous (way out of my league :lol:), so he maybe thought she was around his age. Ah well, time will tell. I hope that's the end of it.

Anyway, it's 8.53am and I'm just back from my two mile run! I've started major training for the Fire Service as I COULD be doing their physical tests in about two months. I've developed a strict zero fat, high protein diet, along with weight training and jogging.
Nervosa

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:11 pm

I'm having an argument with an annoying person on IMDB who insists in giving his/her view that most Americans are stupid dimwits. I've heard this view expressed far too many times, and I'm sick of it. It's unfair, unjust, unkind and completely wrong.

Anyway, I've been defending them, and trying to convince this person that he/she is not being fair, but they refuse to listen. In their last post to me, they've just told me to stop defending America, since I'm not American myself. I replied that I'm entitled to defend whatever I want to defend, that I'd still stick up for America if I was from Timbuktu, and I had no intention of stopping.

But maybe I shouldn't take this person too seriously. After all, he/she can't get their grammar right, so it's not like they're a genius themselves.

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Sideshow Meg » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:36 pm

Urgh, what a creep.
Meg - A 'posh bit of crumpet'
Sideshow Meg

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:25 pm

Well, my lovely IMDB friend has just called me a loser. Idiot.

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Nervosa » Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:53 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:Well, my lovely IMDB friend has just called me a loser. Idiot.

I suggest you give as good as you get. He/she sure isn't worth getting annoyed about.
Nervosa

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:37 am

Nervosa wrote:I suggest you give as good as you get. He/she sure isn't worth getting annoyed about.

I'd like to, but I don't really like to be rude to people, and if I was, it would just give him/her an excuse to be rude back to me. At least if I'm polite, it will mean that their behaviour isn't justified.

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Stratman » Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:09 am

Bee Gees Fan wrote:
Nervosa wrote:I suggest you give as good as you get. He/she sure isn't worth getting annoyed about.

I'd like to, but I don't really like to be rude to people, and if I was, it would just give him/her an excuse to be rude back to me. At least if I'm polite, it will mean that their behaviour isn't justified.

I'd be happy to give it to them; I hate those kind of peeople. What's the address?
Stratman

Postby welshben23 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:40 pm

Stratman wrote:
Bee Gees Fan wrote:

I'd be happy to give it to them; I hate those kind of peeople. What's the address?

Me too can I also have the address.
welshben23

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:02 pm

I wasn't intending to give the link, but I'm getting tired of being nice to him/her. So I will post it.

It's a thread on the Steve Irwin IMDB board (yes, I've become quite a fan - I'm thinking of asking for some DVDs of him for Christmas) and it's a thread complaining about the recent South Park episode where they showed him at Satan's Halloween party with a stingray attached to his chest. (I haven't seen the episode, but I heard about it.) I think it was too soon to be doing that, myself, but, what can you do. Anyway, scroll down about 3/4 of the way, and you'll see me having a discussion with someone called trento654, who has now turned quite rude.

Here it is:

http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0410455/board/threads/

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Stratman » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:24 pm

Well, I've said my piece.
Stratman

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:07 pm

Stratman wrote:Well, I've said my piece.

You sure know how to tell 'em, Strat!

Thanks. :)

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:36 pm

My parents found two bacardi bottles in my sister's room this evening. She's 15, so obviously, she's not supposed to be drinking.

She's staying over at a friend's tonight, but my parents intend to ask her about them when she comes home. I was wondering if I should call her beforehand and tell her that they know? What do you guys think I should do?

The thing is, I'm sure my parents probably wouldn't want me to let her know that they've found them, but I keep thinking that if I was my sister, I'd hate to come home, completely unaware, and immediately be questioned by my parents.

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Nervosa » Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:15 am

Bee Gees Fan wrote:My parents found two bacardi bottles in my sister's room this evening. She's 15, so obviously, she's not supposed to be drinking.

She's staying over at a friend's tonight, but my parents intend to ask her about them when she comes home. I was wondering if I should call her beforehand and tell her that they know? What do you guys think I should do?

The thing is, I'm sure my parents probably wouldn't want me to let her know that they've found them, but I keep thinking that if I was my sister, I'd hate to come home, completely unaware, and immediately be questioned by my parents.

Bacardi - as in rum or alcho-pops?! If it's rum, then she may have a drinking problem :shock: If not, it's your sisterly duty to tell her they've found the bottles. Give her a chance to come up with a story. DEFINITELY.

Reminds me of about a year an a half ago when my Dad found an empty beer tin in my room. I was underaged at the time. The funny thing is, my Mum knows I've drank from an early(ish) age, she even bought me tins of beer from the age of 15. But my Dad has no idea. So one night I was out, he went into my room looking for a guitar effects pedal. He came across an empty tin. I was on my way home in the car, just arrived at the end of our drive when I got a text from my Mum telling me he'd found an empty tin. I had about 20 seconds to fabricate a whole story. I managed to convince my Dad it was a one off, and although he was VERY disappointed in me, the dust settled in about a week.

Two weeks after that, I receive a text from my Mum, "He found another one." That DID NOT go down well. There was an atmosphere between us for weeks. (He found the second tin in the cuboard space under my bed; had he opened the drawer 4 inches more, he would have seen literaly 20 empty tins that had built up).

Anyway, my point is, tell your sister. It's gonna be very hard and awkward for her, so give her a fighting chance. I recommend she use the, "what were you doing in my room anyway?!" argument. :)
Nervosa

Postby Wezzo » Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:26 am

That is a prime example of why alcohol should be made available and accepted by parents at mealtimes with the family. That way, any connotations of it being something daring to try go out the window.
Wezzo

Postby Nervosa » Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:35 am

Wezzo wrote:That is a prime example of why alcohol should be made available and accepted by parents at mealtimes with the family. That way, any connotations of it being something daring to try go out the window.

That's my Mum's theory. And it worked well generally. I don't have the urge to go and get sh!tfaced every weekend like some guys I know as it's not a novely (don't get me wrong, lads will be lads sometimes :wink:). Some guys I know have parents who are tee-total. You should see them when they get the scent of a drink, they go mad.

When I have a son, I plan to introduce him to drink when he's under my supervision at home. Rather than him going out behind my back with the wrong mates and ending up in the emergency room.
Nervosa

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion