Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Frasier Forum Awards: Nominations - Worst Frasier Episode

A forum for Frasier and Frasier-related games / polls / quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum.

Postby Chardonnay » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:38 pm

- War Of The Words
- Frasier's Edge
- A Day In May
- Legal Tender Love And Care
- Good Samaritan
My God, woman, I'd drive a stake through your heart, but I don't think anything could kill you.

Chardonnay has left the building.
Chardonnay

Postby Bad Ambassador » Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:56 pm

'The Dog That Rocks The Cradle', for being awful and also being the first episode where I realised that the show could be crap, which was a sad day.

I'm finding it hard to choose another four, but suffice to say they'd be from seasons 8-10. I've watched those seasons so little I just don't know the names of half the episodes. Half of them are so boring I can't even remember storylines.

Oh, 'Docu.Drama' - that's a load of rubbish.

As is 'Frasier Has Spokane'.

I'm really surprised to see certain episodes turn up here, though, such as 'Momma Mia', 'Enemy At The Gates' and 'Good Samaritan'. Shows the versatility of opinion amongst Frasier fans!
Bad Ambassador

Postby buttonsamy » Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:22 am

Ok, for sure:

1. The Wizard and Roz (Oh I LOATHED this episode! All I think about with this episode was that guy in Roz's purple robe, yech!)
2. Enemy at the Gates (This was probably one of the worst; it was sooo obnoxious!)
3. Frasier has Spokane (Yeah, this was really, really bad!!!)
4. Fraternal Schwins (OK, its obvious that both actors knew how to ride bikes, and think back to the Proposal episode, when Frasier OBVIOUSLY has some athletic skill and tackles that trumpet player. I found it hard to beleive that he couldn't ride a bike. It was overkill)

Thats all I've got right now-
Amy
buttonsamy

Postby eternalylost » Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:47 am

sparky21 wrote:Enemy at the Gate :(
The Wizard and Roz :(
Motor Skills :oops:
The Proposal :oops:
Momma Mia :x

Aw man, Sparky, I LOVED The Proposal!

Actually, I really like a lot of these episodes that everyone is naming. I can't seem to pick my 5 least favorites though...
eternalylost

Postby JT » Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:16 am

I can't believe that Dr. Nora showed up on this list as many times as it did - or at all. I liked it. Also, Fraternal Schwins I thought was good also. To each their own. Most of the choices I haven't even seen yet even though I have all released DVD's and have seen all their episodes. I guess that means these episodes were in season's 9 and 10.
JT

Postby Bad Ambassador » Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:44 am

JT wrote:I can't believe that Dr. Nora showed up on this list as many times as it did - or at all. I liked it.

Me too. It's not quite the classic I thought it was after first viewing, but it's still damn good.
Bad Ambassador

Postby !Amz! » Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:19 pm

Here's My Bottom 5:

-You Scratch My Book...
-The Show Where Sam Shows Up
-Odd Man Out
-High Holidays
-The Focus Group
!Amz!

Postby Stratman » Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:38 pm

High Holidays!?

Cakey is going to have you for breakfast.
Stratman

Postby welshben23 » Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:58 pm

Stratman wrote:High Holidays!?

I should hope so too. :twisted: .High Holidays is a classic. Martin's fridgepants moment makes me laugh thinking about it now :D
welshben23

Postby Stratman » Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:04 pm

welshben23 wrote:
Stratman wrote:High Holidays!?

I should hope so too. :twisted: .High Holidays is a classic. Martin's fridgepants moment makes me laugh thinking about it now :D

The only good thing about it is my naming ''To Kill A Talking Bird'' as a candidate doesn't seem quite so crazy anymore. :)
Stratman

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:29 pm

Stratman wrote:The only good thing about it is my naming ''To Kill A Talking Bird'' as a candidate doesn't seem quite so crazy anymore. :)

Don't let your dislike of To Kill a Talking Bird put you off reading To Kill a Mockingbird, though. That's if you haven't already read it. It's a wonderful novel.
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Postby Bad Ambassador » Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:01 pm

I think 'High Holidays' is hideously overrated - it's ok, but I think it's far from being a classic.
Bad Ambassador

Postby Stratman » Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:07 pm

Bad Ambassador wrote:I think 'High Holidays' is hideously overrated - it's ok, but I think it's far from being a classic.

I feel the same way about ''Ham Radio.''
Stratman

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:34 pm

I had a theory today that none of the Frasier episodes are classics. They're just...episodes. And some are marvellous, excellent, and totally brilliant, others are very good, others are good, others not-so-good, and others quite poor. But they all have one thing in common - they're all episodes of Frasier. And maybe, with so many episodes, it is impossible to single some out and call them classics.

Yes. There are no classics. There are just...episodes.

Although I'd like to think that I am a classic. As are the Bee Gees.
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Bad Ambassador » Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:52 pm

Stratman wrote:I feel the same way about ''Ham Radio.''

I like 'Ham Radio', but agreed - I don't think it's quite as brilliant as everyone else does.
Bad Ambassador

Postby Jocelyn » Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:04 pm

High Holidays is one of those episodes where I find the novelty wears off more and more with each viewing. It's good fun, but I wouldn't rate it a classic.
"Then came Lilith. If I knew then what I know now, I would have walked down the aisle with the ice sculpture and had her stand by the buffet table to keep the shrimp cold."

- Frasier recalls wedded bliss in Father Of The Bride
Jocelyn

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:10 pm

Tough to choose but i'll go with:

A Day In May (s8)
Detour (s11)
Kissing Cousin (s10)
The Guilt Trippers (s9)
It Takes Two To Tangle (s8)
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Leanne » Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:31 am

Bad Ambassador wrote:
Stratman wrote:I feel the same way about ''Ham Radio.''

I like 'Ham Radio', but agreed - I don't think it's quite as brilliant as everyone else does.

Ham Radio had never been a favourite of mine. I can see why others love it but it's not for me. I find it abit silly (says the person whose favourite episode is They're Playing Our Song :lol:).

I'm also not keen on High Holidays, like Jocelyn I find the appeal of it reduces with each re-watch. Same goes for Out With Dad.
Leanne

Postby JT » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:10 am

!Amz! wrote:Here's My Bottom 5:

-You Scratch My Book...
-The Show Where Sam Shows Up
-Odd Man Out
-High Holidays
-The Focus Group

Just to illustrate that its "to each his own", I think both High Holidays and The Focus Group would be in my top 25. And The Show Where Sam Shows Up is not bad either.
JT

Postby Stratman » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:29 am

I always enjoy ''The Show Where Sam Shows Up.'' Actually, I enjoy all the Cheers character reunions.
Stratman

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:49 am

Stratman wrote:I always enjoy ''The Show Where Sam Shows Up.''

I liked it too. I thought it was nice to see Sam in Frasier's world, and liked having some small updates on what everyone was doing back in Boston.

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Sideshow Meg » Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:11 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:
Stratman wrote:I always enjoy ''The Show Where Sam Shows Up.''

I liked it too. I thought it was nice to see Sam in Frasier's world, and liked having some small updates on what everyone was doing back in Boston.

Me too. Plus, I think it was good to show how much Frasier had changed since his days at 'Cheers'
Meg - A 'posh bit of crumpet'
Sideshow Meg

Postby Cake for Brains » Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:40 pm

Thank you so much Stuart for keeping these threads going! I have been away for the last ten days and was frantic that the idea would die if I neglected the threads for so long, but its great to see that the enthusiasm has remained. I will start another poll later this afternoon.

My 5 Worst Frasier Episodes
1) A Day in May
2) Motor Skills
3) The Wizard and Roz
4) Some Assembly Required
5) Frasier's Edge
"I don't want to go." - The Tenth Doctor
Cake for Brains

Postby Sideshow Cecil » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:48 am

The one with the 'English' Pub.
The beast is loose!
Sideshow Cecil

Postby Cake for Brains » Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:28 pm

Just got around to reading this thread thoroughly, and (as usual) there's been a lot of interesting comments made. But, come on, how could anyone nominate 'High Holidays?'

As for 'To Kill a Talking Bird', I have to say I'm with Strat on this episode, and I think my review on this site is far too positive and I wish I could lower the percentage grade I gave it originally. I wouldn't go as far as to put it in my Top 5 Worst Episode list, but if I do one of these threads for 'Most Overrated Episodes', this episode will get the top honour. The actual farcicial elements are all very funny, but I don't think there's enough witty dialogue to balance the silliness. As Strat said it's hugely out of character for Niles, and the whole storylines feels hugely far-fetched and over-the-top. Its definitely my least favourite of the Montana farces.
"I don't want to go." - The Tenth Doctor
Cake for Brains

PreviousNext

Return to Frasier Games / Polls / Quizzes