Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

End of an era

Announcements about changes to the site, plus support of all sections of the site, such as the forum and gallery, are located in this forum

End of an era

Postby Roverman » Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:05 pm

Hi all

Frasier Online has been going for over 15 years now, but I have decided the time has come to freeze the site and leave it in an archive state as I want to move on and do other things

This will take effect from 29th June

From that time, the interactive parts of the site - the forum, review section, etc - will be locked and no new posts, user accounts etc will be possible after that, so what is already there will remain but nothing new will be be able to added.

Obviously I'd like to thank everyone who has contributed to the site in some way over the time the site has been online

Regards

Stuart

Had to start a new thread as Stuart locked his.

This seems a bit off to me. Smacks of taking one's bat and ball home. No explanation no reasoning behind it at all......
Ben
UK based Frasier fan
Roverman

Re: End of an era

Postby Patrick » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:39 pm

Yes, I saw it too. I guess the low activity of the forum over the last few months could have been a factor in his decision. The Frasier side of the forum is very sparsely posted in. I guess the forum will stay as an archive only, if I understood correctly . If you have something left to say, better do it before the 29th of this month or forever hold your peace.
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby John » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:04 pm

What a shame. I registered on June 1st but after many days my posts had still not been approved by the Mods. I was so hoping to eventually have chats about Frasier with you guys. Oh well, I suppose I best delete this site from my history now.
John

Postby Wezzo » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:21 am

Yes, absolutely the end of an era.

I've mentioned it to many of the regulars here over the past few years, but I can't overstate how much this forum has meant to me. From 2006 to 2009 I would post here every day, often dozens of times. I've made some wonderful friends here, who I hope to stay in touch with by e-mail and Facebook for a long, long time.

I'll miss this place. Activity has been whisper-quiet in recent months, for an array of reasons, and I can absolutely understand Stuart's decision to move on. But a part of your present becoming your history is always emotional, and FO is the website and forum I feel more attached to than any other, for a big, wide range of reasons.

Thanks for the good times, everyone.
Wezzo

Postby Moon-Crane » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:59 am

That is a pity. I'm guilty of not posting very much lately, so i probably can't really complain. I'll miss the place, though. Been very handy, and a lot of fun, over the years.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Hakunila » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:49 pm

Yes it's really a shame. Enjoyed reading this forum very much. (and sometimes posting). Thanks all.
Hakunila

Postby Stratman » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:37 pm

Yep, truly the forum of the Gods. Thanks for the memories!
Stratman

Postby PistolPoet » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:20 pm

I know I wasn't around in the forum's glory days, but I've certainly enjoyed being a part of it and will miss it a whole lot :(.
"Whenever I'm wrong, the world makes a little less sense."
PistolPoet

Postby Roverman » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:39 pm

This will be the second forum I post on that's been closed down this year. Have they fallen out of fashion?
Ben
UK based Frasier fan
Roverman

Postby Frasiertime » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:03 pm

Really enjoyed reading and posting on this site. Will definitely miss everyone.
One of the best things about watching Frasier is the rewind button!
Frasiertime

Postby heartofmotion » Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:41 pm

I guess everything that can be said has pretty much been said. I only joined last year so still feel I have a lot to say, but when I look back into the archives, someone has usually already made that point!

This seems a bit off to me. Smacks of taking one's bat and ball home. No explanation no reasoning behind it at all......

I guess this is the nature of website forums. One person creates and runs it for the benefit of many! And there always comes a time when it's right to move on. Thank you Stu (if it is you) for creating and running this site for so many years and creating a fascinating and useful archive of Frasier lore. I would be interested to know how many people have posted on the site in total over those 15 years.
heartofmotion

Postby welshben23 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:05 pm

It's a huge shame but I fully understand the decision of Stu. I have really enjoyed my time on this site and will miss the interactions. Thank you everybody!
welshben23

Postby welshben23 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:47 pm

heartofmotion wrote:I guess everything that can be said has pretty much been said. I only joined last year so still feel I have a lot to say, but when I look back into the archives, someone has usually already made that point!

I guess this is the nature of website forums. One person creates and runs it for the benefit of many! And there always comes a time when it's right to move on. Thank you Stu (if it is you) for creating and running this site for so many years and creating a fascinating and useful archive of Frasier lore. I would be interested to know how many people have posted on the site in total over those 15 years.

I went through the list of members (sad I know) in post count order from most to least & there's 24 and a half pages of members that have posted at least once on this site. I think there's at least 50 or 51 members on every page, so that's at least 1200 people. :)
Last edited by welshben23 on Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
welshben23

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:50 am

That's a lot of people!
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Patrick » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:46 am

CatNamedRudy wrote:That's a lot of people!

The total number of members is displayed at the bottom of the board index page, it's: 2566

Wow, I am only 31st in reverse post count order!
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby welshben23 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:42 pm

Patrick wrote:

The total number of members is displayed at the bottom of the board index page, it's: 2566

Yes but that's not the number of members that have actually posted on the site, many people have registered but simply haven't posted anything on here. Which is why I went through the list!
welshben23

Postby Patrick » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:51 pm

welshben23 wrote:
Patrick wrote:

Yes but that's not the number of members that have actually posted on the site, many people have registered but simply haven't posted anything on here. Which is why I went through the list!

I see. I misread, sorry.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby Paul B » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:48 am

Just noticed Stuart's topic stickied at the top. I was about to make a thread in off topic until I found this. Pretty sad about this, but I guess it was inevitable - the fact that it took me so long to notice says it all. The posts here have certainly dwindled, and I myself played a part in that, having barely posted in the last year or so.

I just wanted to take this opportunity to say I've had a great 8 or so years here getting to know you all, and I'll certainly miss this place.
Paul B

Postby Ariel » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:56 pm

I've only been a member for a short while, wish I'd found the site a long time ago, but had no idea anyone else was a Frasier fan!! I've enjoyed reading the posts and info and I'm sad it's closing.
"Love is an awesome force. It can make us do things we never imagined were possible. For you see, we don't actually choose love- it chooses us. And once it has, we are powerless to do anything about it."
Ariel

Postby Patrick » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:05 pm

After this forum closes, I am going to search for another Frasier forum on the net. This can't be the only one.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby welshben23 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:32 am

Patrick wrote:After this forum closes, I am going to search for another Frasier forum on the net. This can't be the only one.

There's Frasier Mania but I'm sure that 'died' a while ago. All the posts and all it's members were deleted.
welshben23

Postby heartofmotion » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:08 pm

I've had a look but can't find one still operating. Anyone out there like to take it on?!!! :D :D :D
heartofmotion

Postby Patrick » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:10 am

There's only two days left, after this no more Frasier discussions...
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby PistolPoet » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:15 am

heartofmotion wrote:I've had a look but can't find one still operating. Anyone out there like to take it on?!!! :D :D :D

If only I had the time, I'd be glad to start a forum...
"Whenever I'm wrong, the world makes a little less sense."
PistolPoet

Postby John » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:09 pm

Yeah, I could do it. I've little to do these days so it would be something different.
John

Next

Return to Frasier Online Info and Support