Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Frasier And Roz..Yes or No?

A forum for Frasier and Frasier-related games / polls / quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum.

Frasier And Roz..Yes or No?

Postby Britannia » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:19 am

I've always thought that there was more than a passing chance that Frasier and Roz might actually have been really great together if their friendship had been given a chance to develop. In fact, I would love to have seen Frasier and Roz finally getting together as a couple in the last two episodes. I'd like to see what everyone else thinks and perhaps people could add a few pros and cons' to the whole concept. :?:
Britannia

Re: Frasier And Roz..Yes or No?

Postby Patrick » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:48 am

Roz and Frasier are good friends but I don't think they could live together. There're too many differences between the two of them. Most things that Roz likes, sports, card games, night clubs... etc , Frasier would find boring and vice versa, most things that Frasier likes Opera, hobnobbing with snobs, Chess games... etc, would bore Roz to tears. In the end they would spend very little time together or they'd be at each other's throat. So I am sorry but IMO, Roz and Frasier is not a good idea.
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby PistolPoet » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:48 am

I think they could have worked together better than Niles and Daphne. For one thing, there is actual chemistry between them and I loved them together in Hot Pursuit. Frasier, unlike Niles, has an actual backbone and has never idealised Roz, so they'd start off on an equal footing. Now, of course it's important to share some interests, but I don't think it would be impossible for both of them to expand their horizons. Roz could become a bit more sophisticated (she likes to read already and has been to her fair share of fancy restaurants) and Frasier could let himself be dragged off to a Bruce Springsteen concert and maybe get back in touch with his beer-drinking Cheers side. I have no clue if they'd actually have a long-term future together, but I certainly wouldn't have minded if Frasier had ended up with Roz at the end of the show.
"Whenever I'm wrong, the world makes a little less sense."
PistolPoet

Postby Britannia » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:12 pm

As Martin often pointed out, he and Hester didn't have much in common and yet their marriage was a success.
Britannia

Postby CatNamedRudy » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:11 pm

Frasier and Roz together at the end would have been my choice. Just at the end though not having together for a several seasons.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby heartofmotion » Mon May 26, 2014 9:05 pm

I think Frasier has some regrets because he knows it wouldn't work with Roz despite the chemistry but in the end Roz doesn't go for men like Frasier and Frasier doesn't go for women like Roz. In a way they know each other too well.
heartofmotion

Postby Patrick » Tue May 27, 2014 10:03 am

Britannia wrote:As Martin often pointed out, he and Hester didn't have much in common and yet their marriage was a success.

This is kind of a mystery for me and so are Frasier and Niles both becoming such snobs with parents so adverse to snobbery. Whom did they get that from? Niles has a frail body but it's hard to imagine a big guy like Frasier being bullied at school. It's unfair, but tall, bulky guys whether they are gentle or brutish are usually left alone by the bullies. They insist that Martin and Hester's marriage worked perfectly (Hester's affair notwithstanding) but it's hard to imagine that the Hester we saw in Cheers would have married a common man. She had no valid reason to hate Diane so much (she threatened to shoot her) other than the fact that she was a cocktail waitress. Why would she insist that Frasier stop seeing Diane?
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Return to Frasier Games / Polls / Quizzes