Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

The TV Thread

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Re: The TV Thread

Postby CatNamedRudy » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:47 am

That's a show I never got into. Maybe I'll venture to it one of these days.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby ouroboros » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:04 pm

Ah it rocks. I highly recommend it. Probably my second favourite show now after The Good Wife.
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth". Oscar Wilde
ouroboros

Postby Moon-Crane » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:23 pm

Don't think i've ever sat and watched criminal minds. I don't watch many procedurals.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Moon-Crane » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:24 pm

You up to date with Sons Of Anarchy, Cat?It's been on an excellent run of episodes lately. Full of surprises.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:03 am

Moon-Crane wrote:You up to date with Sons Of Anarchy, Cat?It's been on an excellent run of episodes lately. Full of surprises.

Totally did not expect all that stuff with Clay and the Irish! I knew
Spoiler: show
Clay was going to have to end up dead
but I sure did not see that coming!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Moon-Crane » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:42 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:You up to date with Sons Of Anarchy, Cat?It's been on an excellent run of episodes lately. Full of surprises.

Totally did not expect all that stuff with Clay and the Irish! I knew
Clay was going to have to end up dead
but I sure did not see that coming!

Been a while since this finished now, but it was a decent finale to a pretty good season, i thought. You'll have been pleased with one particular outcome in that last episode, Cat? :lol:

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:57 am

:lol: I was indeed but that was certainly not how expected it to happen! Incredibly gruesome. I even felt a little sorry for her.

I'm looking forward to the next season. Really curious to see how they are going to deal with this situation.
CatNamedRudy

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:00 am

Anybody watching the final season of How I Met Your Mother?

I think this show went on about 2 years too long but this last season has been better than I expected. I was unsure of the format they're using but it seems to be working.
CatNamedRudy

Postby Moon-Crane » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:02 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:Anybody watching the final season of How I Met Your Mother?

I think this show went on about 2 years too long but this last season has been better than I expected. I was unsure of the format they're using but it seems to be working.

Been waiting for them to run it on UK tv, so haven't seen any episodes yet. It begins this week.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Moon-Crane » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:52 pm

Any Brits been watching the sitcom, Uncle, on BBC3? Decent show, i think.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Wezzo » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:15 pm

Have you been watching the new run of Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle, MC? Such great stuff.

Seems like just yesterday I read you mentioning how there wouldn't be another series of it until 2014, and how far off that seemed :lol:
Wezzo

Postby Moon-Crane » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:29 pm

Wezzo wrote:Have you been watching the new run of Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle, MC? Such great stuff.

Seems like just yesterday I read you mentioning how there wouldn't be another series of it until 2014, and how far off that seemed :lol:

It's been amazing. A welcome return to TV.

"You know if you say you're English you get arrested and thrown in jail, these days". :D

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Wezzo » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:35 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:
Wezzo wrote:Have you been watching the new run of Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle, MC? Such great stuff.

It's been amazing. A welcome return to TV.

"You know if you say you're English you get arrested and thrown in jail, these days". :D

I was in absolute hysterics for that whole first sequence. Ridiculously brilliant. I'm laughing just thinking about it now.

I loved the phone call during the final third of the first episode, too.
Wezzo

Postby Moon-Crane » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:57 pm

:D It's all been great. The new run had next to no promotion that i noticed. Compare that to the complete and utter shit that is Michael Macintyre's new "chat show", which has been promoted to death. I don't know how the hell that steaming turd made it to BBC1.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Wezzo » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:03 pm

Moon-Crane wrote::D It's all been great. The new run had next to no promotion that i noticed. Compare that to the complete and utter shit that is Michael Macintyre's new "chat show", which has been promoted to death. I don't know how the hell that steaming turd made it to BBC1.

Yeah, that's really not been good. Graham Norton's been solid recently, ep with the cast of Monuments Man was hilarious.
Wezzo

Postby Wyokie » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:14 am

The How I Met Your Mother series finale was really good.

Kinda figured out the ending months ago but it was still very good.
Wyokie

Postby PistolPoet » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:21 pm

Wyokie wrote:The How I Met Your Mother series finale was really good.

Kinda figured out the ending months ago but it was still very good.

Really? It was a pretty big letdown for me.
The Robin/Barney story ended too abruptly, after the painstaking relationship and Barney's moving wedding vows, they got a divorce in five sitcom minutes. I never thought they could work out if they were two actual people IRL, and they could have broken up in the show and it would have been ok, just not this suddenly.

Also,
I thought it was a bit of a deus ex machina when they killed off the mother just so Ted could end up with Robin.
"Whenever I'm wrong, the world makes a little less sense."
PistolPoet

Postby CatNamedRudy » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:02 pm

I really liked the HIMYM finale.
I too was a bit disappointed in the way they handled the Robin/Barney breakup but there was really no other way to do it. Barney's story was actually kind of sad if you think about it. He was the only one that didn't really grow. Yeah, we see him get all mushy with his daughter which i thought was really sweet but he was still the same old hound that he has always been. Just older and kind of pathetic.

I know a lot of people were unhappy about bringing Ted and Robin together at the end but I liked it and I liked they way they did it. It's not like they made him chase after Robin 5 minutes after the mother died. It was 6 years and his kids are the ones who told him to go for it.
CatNamedRudy

Postby Wyokie » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:58 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:I really liked the HIMYM finale.
I too was a bit disappointed in the way they handled the Robin/Barney breakup but there was really no other way to do it. Barney's story was actually kind of sad if you think about it. He was the only one that didn't really grow. Yeah, we see him get all mushy with his daughter which i thought was really sweet but he was still the same old hound that he has always been. Just older and kind of pathetic.

I agree. The whole thing was well done.

I know a lot of people were unhappy about bringing Ted and Robin together at the end but I liked it and I liked they way they did it. It's not like they made him chase after Robin 5 minutes after the mother died. It was 6 years and his kids are the ones who told him to go for it.

Again, I agree. People forget that several years past between events, not minutes. Hell of a difference.

IMHO, that was one of the best series finales in years.....maybe the best one since Frasier. :wink:
Wyokie

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:02 pm

I know it's been and gone, but i'm catching up with True Detective at the moment. I like the style and, of course, the two leads.

Also enjoying The Blacklist, Cosmos, S3 of Suits and the return of Game Of Thrones.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby CatNamedRudy » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:10 am

Moon-Crane wrote:I know it's been and gone, but i'm catching up with True Detective at the moment. I like the style and, of course, the two leads.

Also enjoying The Blacklist, Cosmos, S3 of Suits and the return of Game Of Thrones.

My DVR stopped recording Suits for some reason so now I'm way behind. I've only watched the first two seasons. Saw a couple episodes of True Detective. Liked what I saw. Really happy Game of Thrones is back on. Quite satisfying the last two episodes.
CatNamedRudy

Postby Moon-Crane » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:07 am

CatNamedRudy wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:I know it's been and gone, but i'm catching up with True Detective at the moment. I like the style and, of course, the two leads.

My DVR stopped recording Suits for some reason so now I'm way behind. I've only watched the first two seasons. Saw a couple episodes of True Detective. Liked what I saw. Really happy Game of Thrones is back on. Quite satisfying the last two episodes.

I was completely surprised by the end of the second episode. Haven't looked anywhere near the books to see how closely they are being followed, but i simply didn't see
Joffrey being offed
at that point of the story.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby PistolPoet » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:48 am

Moon-Crane wrote:
I was completely surprised by the end of the second episode. Haven't looked anywhere near the books to see how closely they are being followed, but i simply didn't see
Joffrey being offed
at that point of the story.

Exactly. I just sat there with my mouth open. I had to wait until the episode was completely done to make sure there isn't some sort of twist which would revert everything.
And Ramsay makes me sick. We've seen some horrifying people in the show, but I think he takes the cake.
PistolPoet

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:52 am

I'd read that far in the books so I knew it was going to happen. I was happy with the way it was handled.
The kid who plays Joff is an amazing actor. I really hope he pops up in other places.
CatNamedRudy

Postby PistolPoet » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:53 am

CatNamedRudy wrote:I'd read that far in the books so I knew it was going to happen. I was happy with the way it was handled.
The kid who plays Joff is an amazing actor. I really hope he pops up in other places.

Unfortunately, it seems
he's retiring from acting. I think it's for the best for the time being, he might risk being typecast. If he comes back in a few years, as an adult, I think he could have a better shot at an actual career.
PistolPoet

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion