Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

The Yap Thread!

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Re: The Yap Thread!

Postby Patrick » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:39 pm

That's superqualiextrasigilistic!!! :D
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:10 pm

Patrick wrote:That's superqualiextrasigilistic!!! :D

I like what you did there. :)
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:38 am

I'm off to London today, to see the one and only Barry Gibb (Bee Gees) perform at the O2 arena. This will be the first concert I've attended. I'm excited!

It's fitting that it's a Barry Gibb concert, because of my love of the Bee Gees. I just wish Robin and Maurice were physically there as well, but I'm sure they'll be there spiritually.
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Patrick » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:16 pm

I've rewatched the Indiana Jones saga (4 movies) and though I like it very much I have just one question : What would so many snakes, roaches, spiders do in a place where there's nothing to eat? These creatures need to eat once in a while...

The fast eating ants were funny though... :D

And Not so far from reality unfortunately, as the American fire ants are becoming a real problem. So far they seem unstoppable and it looks like sooner or later they're gonna be everywhere. They are an ecological disaster waiting to happen, totally dominant, they end up killing everything and turning places into deserts...

Read the articles, written by scientists, it's bone chilling.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:48 pm

My appointment for my first smear test was today. Unfortunately, we didn't get anywhere in the end - I was finding the process so uncomfortable and painful that the nurse brought it to a close.

I was a little nervous beforehand, but not overly so. I wasn't expecting it to be as painful as I found it. I was imagining something a lot slimmer than the instrument that the nurse used. So I'm not sure how much it was affected by nerves; I didn't feel overly anxious.

I'm not used to having anything in that region. I have very little sexual experience. I was with my boyfriend, Kris, for a year, and in that time we only attempted sexual intercourse two or three times (I found it too painful, we didn't get very far.) After that, nothing. I also use sanitary pads for my periods, rather than tampons.

The nurse recommended that I ask a doctor to prescribe me a sedative and then book an appointment to try again. I know it's an important test and I have to get checked - I just hope they can prescribe me something very strong! Would a sedative help reduce pain?

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Eddie2012 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:01 am

Hi Bee Gees Fan,
is the option to send you a PM disabled in your profile?
Eddie2012

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:44 pm

Eddie2012 wrote:Hi Bee Gees Fan,
is the option to send you a PM disabled in your profile?

Hi Eddie - it is disabled, and I don't think it can be corrected.

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:46 pm

I've made my first video with Windows Movie Maker today - it's the first time I've experimented with this application and created my own little video. I'm quite pleased with the end result.

It's a very simple video, a photo tribute for Andy Gibb, with one of his songs playing as background music. So it's nothing too accomplished, but it's my first effort, and I'm proud of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOH4eWnWWCg

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Moon-Crane » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:15 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:I've made my first video with Windows Movie Maker today - it's the first time I've experimented with this application and created my own little video. I'm quite pleased with the end result.

It's a very simple video, a photo tribute for Andy Gibb, with one of his songs playing as background music. So it's nothing too accomplished, but it's my first effort, and I'm proud of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOH4eWnWWCg

Well done. :thumbright: Earlier this year I had to use Windows Movie Maker to sort out a couple of video and photo mix slideshows for my missus's brother's wedding day. It's a decent little program.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:32 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:Well done. :thumbright: Earlier this year I had to use Windows Movie Maker to sort out a couple of video and photo mix slideshows for my missus's brother's wedding day. It's a decent little program.

Thank you MC. :) Here's a plug for my second video, also Gibb-themed, this time on the Bee Gees.

It's photographs of them, set to their song Ordinary Lives. I've attempted to show the light-hearted, silly and "normal" side of the brothers and to illustrate the point that, as they say in their song, they were "ordinary people living ordinary lives."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJzNEZWWvkw

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Patrick » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:54 pm

Reporter: Do you wear briefs or boxers?

GWBush: Depends.

:lol:
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby CatNamedRudy » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:30 am

:lol:
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:13 pm

Last Saturday I went to my first pagan spiritual ritual! It was a ritual in honour of Samhain (more commonly known as Halloween.) It was arranged for the Saturday after Halloween as that date was more tenable for most people.

It was a "public" ritual in the sense that it took place on public land and anyone who was interested was welcome to come along...but the event started at 7 p.m., by which time it was dark and no members of the public were around. We were in a fairly secluded spot. I was glad we weren't interrupted by anyone, as I did wonder if any passersby might note the fire burning, wonder what was going on, and call the police...it wouldn't have been nice to have the ritual interrupted just as we were getting the spiritual energies flowing!

The ritual was intended to honour our dead and their spirits in the afterlife, particularly those close to us. A marquee was set up, under which there was a table with food we had brought along. There was a fine spread. I had brought some almond fritters that I had made, there was also homemade bread and butter, cakes, biscuits, sausages wrapped in bacon, and one man had brought some baked potatoes stuffed with bacon, mushrooms and onions, into which he'd added some chili powder! (The bacon was in a separate batch, in case any of the pagans were vegetarians, which I think some were.) They were delicious. I normally don't like mushrooms, but I barely tasted them in the potatoes.

Before we ate, we got going with the ritual. We formed a circle around a burning fire, and Tansy Ravenwolf, the organiser of the ritual, led the process. She invoked the elements (Earth, Wind, Fire and Air) and proceeded to do what is called a quarter calling - here's a description of what a quarter calling is:
http://www.examiner.com/article/quarter ... what-it-is

Then she invoked some pagan gods/goddesses - Hecate, Morrigan and Odin were among the names - and then we all performed a visualisation process in order to increase the spiritual energy. I could feel the energy buzzing - it was wonderful! After that, some bread and non-alcoholic mead were blessed and passed around. As we sipped the mead, we acknowledged our loves ones who have passed into the spirit world.

The ritual was done to some musical accompaniment (drumming/flutes.) It was great fun! The only downside is that we were relatively close to the fire and the smoke kept stinging our eyes and making them water.

After the ritual, we dug into the food and chatted. The event came to a close at about 9 p.m.

I had a really good time. It's the first pagan ritual I've attended and I hope to go to more.

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Wezzo » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:08 am

Choni and I are now the proud owners of a house. Exciting, terrifying prospect!
Wezzo

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:39 pm

Wezzo wrote:Choni and I are now the proud owners of a house. Exciting, terrifying prospect!

Congratulations Wezzo. :)

I noticed that the Cambridge Union Society is having a debate on whether Obama should be stripped of his Nobel Peace Prize. I do like Obama, and don't have strong feelings either way, but I do think that he hasn't really done much, if anything, to deserve something so prestigious as the Nobel Peace Prize - so I wouldn't mind if it was retracted.

It got me thinking that I probably deserve the Nobel Peace Prize more than Obama. It was by using sigil magick that I helped to avert the possible US's military involvement with the Syrian civil war. The sigil that I drew for this purpose is here:

Bee Gees Fan

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:46 am

Wezzo wrote:Choni and I are now the proud owners of a house. Exciting, terrifying prospect!

Yay! [:]DRINK[/:] :thumbright: :hello1:
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:46 pm

I saw this picture posted on Uncle Chuckie's facebook page and found it amusing. (He's somewhat well-known in the psionics/radionics/occult communities for his books about radionics and psionics.) It sums him up quite well (or the persona he likes to project, anyway.)

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:53 pm

Here is my latest youtube video, in which I give advice about how to safely use a Ouija Board.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLWcsauWejk

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:09 pm

http://cwcosimano.wordpress.com/2013/11/22/dead-kennedy-day/

Uncle Chuckie's blog post marking the 50-year anniversary of JFK's death. (Anniversary doesn't really sound right for such an event, as it usually has positive connotations.)

The first half is basically what people familiar with him have come to expect (offensive and insensitive stuff.) Personally, my interest is in the second part of his post in which he describes the possible psychic/precognitive actions of his English class a few days before Kennedy's assassination.

Two days before, my English teacher, Mr. Reisman, in a vain attempt to teach his feral charges creative writing and thus keep them from a life of cannibalism which makes little sense considering how rarely writers eat, (I stole that line from Erin Manning, it ‘s a good one and one should always steal good lines.) had blackened the room, shone a light from the opaque projector onto a blank screen and played music. Our task was to write what we saw.

The day we got back to school, he came into the classroom with the graded papers, visibly shaken. He told us that he did not believe in psychic stuff but out of 30 kids in the class, 28 had written about the death or funeral of the President. I remember mine was a rather vivid description of a televised state funeral, which is interesting because at that time I had never even seen a funeral, much less a state one on television.

So we are then faced with a couple interesting problems. First, was it simple precognition, or, as is sometimes speculated, the precognition is actually causative. Now let us add two other things. The music was the Funeral March from Pier Gynt. So in effect, the class was doing a guided meditation visualizing a funeral. Gets weird, right?

Strange are the ways of things. A connection? Who knows. Still it would be fun to able to tell Mr. Reisman that in his zeal to teach us writing he inadvertently killed the President of the United States.

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Moon-Crane » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:21 pm

:thumbright:
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Wezzo » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:55 pm

Cheers all. Finally moved in properly now. Already had enough run-ins with plumbers and locksmiths to last a lifetime!
Wezzo

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:29 pm

Not sure when you'll read this Moon-Crane, but I noticed today is your birthday, so: many happy returns. :)

Bee Gees Fan

Postby welshben23 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:35 pm

Happy Birthday M-C! :drunken:
welshben23

Postby Wezzo » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:38 pm

Yup, hope it's been a good one, pal! [:]DRINK[/:]
Wezzo

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:35 pm