Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

The Last Frasier Episode You Watched.

Discussion of all things 'Frasier' - the episodes, the actors and other 'Frasier'-related topics.

Re: The Last Frasier Episode You Watched.

Postby Patrick » Tue May 07, 2013 11:37 pm

Roverman wrote:Well he nearly got a date with Maureen Cutler....

As far as we know the last one he actually slept with was his (ex) boss, Kate Costas. So that must be her, since it was indeed nearly a year before.
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby Frasiertime » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:33 am

Radio Wars 7-3 One of my favorite Frasier moments is at the end of this episode when Frasier goes after Chicken - always a good laugh! :lol:
One of the best things about watching Frasier is the rewind button!
Frasiertime

Postby frasier floyd » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:44 pm

kmm3 wrote:I record every time Frasier airs on several different channels. It spans seasons, so I really don't know what year I'm viewing necessarily. Anyway, I often save my favorite eps so I can watch again and again. Mixed Doubles kills me. The Rodney/Niles interactions are hysterical (I wonder if the actor who played Rodney did anything else, I'll have to look him up), and I love the scene where Roz helps Niles get settled at the bar she refers to as the Sure Thing:

Niles: Well, I'm here. I forgot to gargle, I'm wearing mismatched socks, and I'm so nervous, I could wet myself.
Roz Doyle: Well, at least we have your opening line down.
Niles: You're going to have to be patient with me, Roz; this isn't exactly my milieu.
Roz Doyle: Okay, let's make that lesson number one: If you're going to use words like "milieu," you might as well show up here with a sore on your lip and a couple of kids.

I love that episode. I always think how great it must've been to watch that scene of introducing Rodney to the family live. Frasier and Martin seem genuinely surprised and entertained right along with the audience. That actor did a pretty good job of imitating Niles! Even his facial expressions and the way he carried himself. I like to imagine an afternoon of auditions for this part. :lol:
frasier floyd

Postby woggle » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:52 pm

High holidays 5/5

Caught this brilliant ep on comedy central yesterday ...is there any a funnier expression on martins face when he asks What do you think this means - dog army? lol makes me crack up every time.
woggle

Postby Patrick » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:45 pm

"Fridge pants." :lol:
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby woggle » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:26 pm

Patrick wrote:"Fridge pants." :lol:

:D
woggle

Postby Hakunila » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:33 pm

A Crane's Critique - One of the forgotten Frasier great episodes IMO
Hakunila

Postby Frasiertime » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:02 pm

Boo - S11 They changed Martin's cane from the stand alone cane to a regular walking cane. Niles commented on this and Ronee said Martin was too young for the old cane. Seemed funny after all those years to change the cane with only 8 episodes left of the show. Maybe to show that Daphne's work paid off? Don't really think it added anything to the show, just seemed odd.
One of the best things about watching Frasier is the rewind button!
Frasiertime

Postby Hakunila » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:31 pm

Not really watching. I have a habit these days that I put Frasier-episodes on as a background noise.
Hakunila

Postby Tudor Rose » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:54 am

Ham Radio, which I would have to say is probably my favorite episode.

"Where are you going to find an idiot willing to take six dialect parts unrehearsed?"
"Niles!" :lol:

Niles' reaction to finding out just how many parts and just how many voices he has to do right on the spot is hilarious, and then of course there's the Nigel Fairservice speech that Gil refuses to let be cut out... and an unexpected visit from the ice cream truck. :lol:
"Which Dr. Crane?"
"Does it matter? You get the one, you get that other one."
Tudor Rose

Postby CatNamedRudy » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:27 am

Love Ham Radio.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Patrick » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:36 am

CatNamedRudy wrote:Love Ham Radio.

"This is a grisly business, Miss Thorndike." :lol:
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby TheSaneChoice » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:52 pm

Watching 'My Coffee With Niles' which is awesome. Had 'Guess Who's Coming To Breakfast' on before.
TheSaneChoice

Postby The Coyote » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:22 pm

Only this morning over breakfast, watched When A Man Loves Two Women. The Entire Collection box set is in the kitchen/breakfast room and its like wallpaper in our house! Seems we have Frasier on a loop!
I'm with Mr. Blue Sky on my fav episode, Dial M For Martin definitely! That closing scene with everyone standing over Martin in the hallway while Frasier sits trying to come to terms with himself and his pitiful " ok..bring him in". Wonderful stuff!

Has there ever been better TV ? .. I think not!
The Coyote

Postby Patrick » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:51 pm

The Coyote wrote:Only this morning over breakfast, watched When A Man Loves Two Women. The Entire Collection box set is in the kitchen/breakfast room and its like wallpaper in our house! Seems we have Frasier on a loop!
I'm with Mr. Blue Sky on my fav episode, Dial M For Martin definitely! That closing scene with everyone standing over Martin in the hallway while Frasier sits trying to come to terms with himself and his pitiful " ok..bring him in". Wonderful stuff!

Has there ever been better TV ? .. I think not!

It's funny how people's opinions differ. I know people that hate that episode because they say Frasier acted like a genuine monster with Martin something he rarely if ever does in other episodes.
I for one find it an above average episode with great moments, like when Niles looks like Norman Bates in Psycho when he's about to have a psychotic episode. Remember: "It's my problem, not yours. I just have to think. Fresh air, maybe that'll calm me down. Oh, look at the sunset! Dad, come join me on the balcony." How he delivers that with a crazed look on his face! Priceless! :D
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:42 am

I love Dial M for Martin. Yeah, at the end Frasier is kind of a dick but it certainly isn't the first time. The episode totally cracks me up.
CatNamedRudy

Postby Britannia » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:27 am

Dark Side of the Moon.
I can watch this over and over again, closely followed by 'Something Borrowed, Someone Blue'.
I really enjoy watching Daphne and Niles FINALLY telling each other how they really feel.
Britannia

Postby ProOperaVoter » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:10 am

I just watched My Coffee with Niles (my all time favorite episode) and Goodnight, Seattle, and actually cried this time. It's a very emotional episode, but I think my emotions were also clouded by the fact that Frasier is being stealthily pulled off Netflix in six days.
"Sherry, Niles?"
ProOperaVoter

Postby heartofmotion » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:04 pm

Dark Side of the Moon.
I can watch this over and over again, closely followed by 'Something Borrowed, Someone Blue'.
I really enjoy watching Daphne and Niles FINALLY telling each other how they really feel.

I think Something Borrowed, Someone Blue - especially the hotel room scene - is brilliant, although I confess you have to have romance in your soul to appreciate it. The way the actors keep the drama intense, yet interspersed with high quality farce is masterful. I love the way after each interruption and tangential conversation, Niles and Daphne return to their heartfelt conversation without a pause - as if they've hardly noticed the interruption. I read the script first and that made me appreciate more than ever what the actors bring. They always say the script made their job easy but I think differently - the ensemble of five made Frasier what it is.

Also love My Coffee With Niles as it highlights the brothers' relationship and it's this relationship that is at the heart of Frasier.
heartofmotion

Postby Patrick » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:12 pm

heartofmotion wrote:
Dark Side of the Moon.

I think Something Borrowed, Someone Blue - especially the hotel room scene - is brilliant, although I confess you have to have romance in your soul to appreciate it. The way the actors keep the drama intense, yet interspersed with high quality farce is masterful. I love the way after each interruption and tangential conversation, Niles and Daphne return to their heartfelt conversation without a pause - as if they've hardly noticed the interruption. I read the script first and that made me appreciate more than ever what the actors bring. They always say the script made their job easy but I think differently - the ensemble of five made Frasier what it is.

Also love My Coffee With Niles as it highlights the brothers' relationship and it's this relationship that is at the heart of Frasier.

I think the problem for the romance of Daphne and Niles is that this episode is where it climaxes. Everything was bound to be a let down after that. If the series revolved mainly around the Daphne and Niles story, it would have had to end after that or something tragic would have had to happen to the couple, as in Cheers, when Diane and Sam almost married each other, it was time for Diane to leave, because their story was over. They even played it out to the end (in an imagined reality), by showing Diane and Sam at the end of their lives, happy to have spend them together.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby TheSaneChoice » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:20 pm

Watching See Bee Jeebies...
TheSaneChoice

Postby heartofmotion » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:25 pm

Patrick wrote:
I think the problem for the romance of Daphne and Niles is that this episode is where it climaxes. Everything was bound to be a let down after that.

Yes I agree, although I felt it was still working up to Daphne Returns and I thought The Proposal was very funny. But the marriage was a major anti-climax and it went downhill fast from there.

Niles+Daphne is definitely the major dynamic throughout the series - I don't think Frasier would have lasted anywhere near 11 seasons without that plotline.

I've also just watched Sea Bea Jeebies and it's one of the worst I've seen. Couldn't believe it when Frasier actually got up on the podium and sang! A massive sign that the writers and directors had lost the plot!
heartofmotion

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:47 am

Sea Bee Jeebies is almost painful to watch.

I've said this before but my biggest issue with the Niles/Daphne relationship was that their relationship never experienced any growing pains with the one exception being Daphne Returns.
CatNamedRudy

Postby heartofmotion » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:49 pm

Frasier-Lite was almost as painful this morning. I really don't like any of the KACL characters, or should I say caricatures, much - apart from Kenny who is great. I think these characters are designed to be one dimensional and restricted to fleeting appearances because two minutes of seeing them on screen is usually more than enough!
heartofmotion

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:05 pm

I kind of like Frasier Lite. The one thing that totally creeps me out though is the ending when Noel gets all stalkerish and creeperish with Roz's pony tail.
CatNamedRudy

PreviousNext

Return to Frasier Discussion