Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

The TV Thread

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Re: The TV Thread

Postby Moon-Crane » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:38 pm

Anyone watching the final season of Dexter?
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:52 am

Moon-Crane wrote:Anyone watching the final season of Dexter?

Yep. Enjoying it despite the fact that I've pretty much already figured out who the "big bad" is. I also want to punch Deb in the face most of the time but I have to admit Jennifer Carpenter has come a long way in her acting skills since the start of the show.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Wyokie » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:03 am

CatNamedRudy wrote:

Yep. Enjoying it despite the fact that I've pretty much already figured out who the "big bad" is. I also want to punch Deb in the face most of the time but I have to admit Jennifer Carpenter has come a long way in her acting skills since the start of the show.

Isn't Yvonne Strahovski (Sarah on "Chuck") a regular on Dexter this year? Loved her on Chuck.
Wyokie

Postby Moon-Crane » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:25 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:

:D I'm watching on the UK Fox channel rather than downloading each episode, so i've only seen the opener and running a week behind you. Good set up episode for the season, i thought.

Wyokie wrote:Isn't Yvonne Strahovski (Sarah on "Chuck") a regular on Dexter this year? Loved her on Chuck.

She featured in the previous season. :)

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Moon-Crane » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:33 am

Enjoyable first couple of episodes for Dexter. I suppose it's all the more intriguing simply because we know it's the final season, so we're all waiting to see the outcome for Dex?

On a semi-related note, i love this piece of artwork by comic book artist, Marko Manev

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Moon-Crane » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:51 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:
Wyokie wrote:Isn't Yvonne Strahovski (Sarah on "Chuck") a regular on Dexter this year? Loved her on Chuck.

She featured in the previous season. :)

Apparently
Spoiler: show
she's due to return midway through the current season :)

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby CatNamedRudy » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:16 pm

Dexter-This Little Piggy

Ugh! The season started out with promise. Now it is just ridiculous.
A curtain rod through a mattress, a box spring and a body??
Seriously?

I'll stick with this until the end but only because I am so invested in what eventually happens to Dexter.
CatNamedRudy

Postby woggle » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:17 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:Enjoyable first couple of episodes for Dexter. I suppose it's all the more intriguing simply because we know it's the final season, so we're all waiting to see the outcome for Dex?

On a semi-related note, i love this piece of artwork by comic book artist, Marko Manev

Love that artwork!!
woggle

Postby woggle » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:19 pm

Having our virgin tv thingy updated on the 20th of aug , getting me own box in me room aside from all the sport i'll watch im looking forward to being able to follow a lot of new tv shows on the box instead of waiting to be able to afford the boxsets .

Want to see new one - orange is the new black by the weeds writer , sounds funny.
woggle

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:32 pm

Time Warner cable has taken Showtime off their lineup due to a money dispute. I really do not want to go back to downloading TV but it looks like I'm going to have to if I want to watch Dexter to the end. :x
CatNamedRudy

Postby Moon-Crane » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:48 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:Dexter-This Little Piggy

Ugh! The season started out with promise. Now it is just ridiculous.
A curtain rod through a mattress, a box spring and a body??
Seriously?

I'll stick with this until the end but only because I am so invested in what eventually happens to Dexter.

That was a bit of a bizarre conclusion, but i liked the episode over all. Not minding this season so far. Still can't work out how they've decided to conclude the show (and i've kept away from potential spoiler sites).

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Moon-Crane » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:48 pm

woggle wrote:Having our virgin tv thingy updated on the 20th of aug , getting me own box in me room aside from all the sport i'll watch im looking forward to being able to follow a lot of new tv shows on the box instead of waiting to be able to afford the boxsets .

Want to see new one - orange is the new black by the weeds writer , sounds funny.

my mate's watched that and said it was a good show.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Moon-Crane » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:51 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:Time Warner cable has taken Showtime off their lineup due to a money dispute. I really do not want to go back to downloading TV but it looks like I'm going to have to if I want to watch Dexter to the end. :x

That's a pain. I have no option but to continue to download Breaking Bad, when it returns at the weekend, because no UK channel has shown anything beyond S3 :roll:

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Wezzo » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:53 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:That's a pain. I have no option but to continue to download Breaking Bad, when it returns at the weekend, because no UK channel has shown anything beyond S3 :roll:

Netflix UK will have each new episode up for streaming the day after the US broadcast. Now there's no excuse for your piracy ;)
Wezzo

Postby Moon-Crane » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:03 pm

Wezzo wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:That's a pain. I have no option but to continue to download Breaking Bad, when it returns at the weekend, because no UK channel has shown anything beyond S3 :roll:

Netflix UK will have each new episode up for streaming the day after the US broadcast. Now there's no excuse for your piracy ;)

:lol: Not sure if the price of subscribing to that will be worth it to watch a single show on their catalogue, but it's good to know they're offering the show up.

Can you download on Netflix? If it's streaming only i've got no chance of being able to use it at the moment as the local internet connection is 2Mb - and i'm still on a waiting list to have any chance of getting on to the fibre optics.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby woggle » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:37 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:Time Warner cable has taken Showtime off their lineup due to a money dispute. I really do not want to go back to downloading TV but it looks like I'm going to have to if I want to watch Dexter to the end. :x

That's a pain. I have no option but to continue to download Breaking Bad, when it returns at the weekend, because no UK channel has shown anything beyond S3 :roll:
woggle

Postby woggle » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:38 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:

Oooooh , I've gone a bit mad for that right now having brought seasons 2,3 ,4 [ yet to watch that one ] within a month ..I hated season 1 thought it was to much for me but now I think its awesome !!!
woggle

Postby woggle » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:02 pm

I try not to laugh at The big Bang theory bit I caught an ep the other day [ found out ] it was called The Proton Resurgence with Mr Proton and I could ...not ...stop laughing . Is it that good from the beginning ? if it is I may have to start looking out for the dvd's!
woggle

Postby Wezzo » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:11 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:
Wezzo wrote:

:lol: Not sure if the price of subscribing to that will be worth it to watch a single show on their catalogue, but it's good to know they're offering the show up.

Can you download on Netflix? If it's streaming only i've got no chance of being able to use it at the moment as the local internet connection is 2Mb - and i'm still on a waiting list to have any chance of getting on to the fibre optics.

Pretty sure it's streaming only, sadly. I've found it pretty decent even on average internet speeds (Choni's house averages around 2-3Mb) but obviously downloads are preferable when you're on that kind of setup.
Wezzo

Postby Moon-Crane » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:08 pm

woggle wrote:I try not to laugh at The big Bang theory bit I caught an ep the other day [ found out ] it was called The Proton Resurgence with Mr Proton and I could ...not ...stop laughing . Is it that good from the beginning ? if it is I may have to start looking out for the dvd's!

I like the show. I'd watch it from the beginning. I'd say the earlier seasons are better in some ways, as the writer's didn't feel the need to have all the characters paired off into relationships.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Moon-Crane » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:17 pm

Wezzo wrote:Pretty sure it's streaming only, sadly. I've found it pretty decent even on average internet speeds (Choni's house averages around 2-3Mb) but obviously downloads are preferable when you're on that kind of setup.

I had a look at some tech site reviews and they were recommending 5-7Mb to be able to comfortably watch HD content - which sounds about right.

I'm supposed to live in a town that was built with a modern technological infrastructure and yet my available broadband speeds are shitehawk. We've had fibre optics set up on the estate for a couple of years, yet i still can't access it. I have to laugh at the poor saps in the EE stores who are desperately trying to sell the uber-limited 4G network to customers. But i digress....

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Wyokie » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:18 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:
woggle wrote:I try not to laugh at The big Bang theory bit I caught an ep the other day [ found out ] it was called The Proton Resurgence with Mr Proton and I could ...not ...stop laughing . Is it that good from the beginning ? if it is I may have to start looking out for the dvd's!

I like the show. I'd watch it from the beginning. I'd say the earlier seasons are better in some ways, as the writer's didn't feel the need to have all the characters paired off into relationships.

I love BBT. Mainly because of Penny (Kaley Cuoco). I hate the relationship between Sheldon & Amy. Feel bad for Rajesh. Can't talk to pretty girls without getting drunk first. :roll:
Wyokie

Postby Wezzo » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:21 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:
Wezzo wrote:Pretty sure it's streaming only, sadly. I've found it pretty decent even on average internet speeds (Choni's house averages around 2-3Mb) but obviously downloads are preferable when you're on that kind of setup.

I had a look at some tech site reviews and they were recommending 5-7Mb to be able to comfortably watch HD content - which sounds about right.

I'm supposed to live in a town that was built with a modern technological infrastructure and yet my available broadband speeds are shitehawk. We've had fibre optics set up on the estate for a couple of years, yet i still can't access it. I have to laugh at the poor saps in the EE stores who are desperately trying to sell the uber-limited 4G network to customers. But i digress....

Yeah, it bumps down to SD-ish level quality on 2-3Mb, much like iPlayer does.

Bit of a nightmare with your setup there. We're on Virgin Media fibreoptic, which for all its problems, is a pretty speedy thing when it wants to be. Well-seeded torrents are lightning fast.
Wezzo

Postby Moon-Crane » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:26 pm

Wyokie wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:

I love BBT. Mainly because of Penny (Kaley Cuoco). I hate the relationship between Sheldon & Amy. Feel bad for Rajesh. Can't talk to pretty girls without getting drunk first. :roll:

I like Cuoco, too. Great in '8 Simple Rules...'

The original set up of Penny and the boys was a good dynamic. I guess they had to develop it throughout the seasons, and i still think it's a funny show, but it kind of defeated the point of the show to have them all find girlfriends (even a crazy ass 'relationship' like Sheldon and Amy's). So many sitcoms default into a sort of 'Friends' mode as they go along.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Moon-Crane » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:31 pm

Wezzo wrote:Yeah, it bumps down to SD-ish level quality on 2-3Mb, much like iPlayer does.

Bit of a nightmare with your setup there. We're on Virgin Media fibreoptic, which for all its problems, is a pretty speedy thing when it wants to be. Well-seeded torrents are lightning fast.

I'd take Virgin if we could get it. For some reason in a default-cable town, there is no cable setup on our estate :roll: At the mercy of BT when it comes to the roll out and unbundling of the fibres.

I'm happy to sign up to the BT Infinity (we set it up at the missus's parents place and it's decent there - getting 36Mb on a theoretical 60Mb) but they seem to be dragging their heels to actually offer it to me. I can theoretically get 120Mb where i am, but keep doing the post code and number check and it's still not an option :|

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion