Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

What would make a good Frasier spin-off?

A forum for Frasier and Frasier-related games / polls / quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum.

Re: What would make a good Frasier spin-off?

Postby Patrick » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:55 pm

ProOperaVoter wrote:
Patrick wrote:
ProOperaVoter wrote:There's something that has been bugging me, but it didn't seem making a whole new thread for it. Did Frasier choose Chicago over San Francisco, love over career, or did he simply go to Chicago to meet up with Charlotte: maybe to invite her to join him San Fran? Please help me.

I think that part is left to the imagination of the spectator.

But how do you see it?

I don't know. Frasier lived with Lilith for more than a year before he married her and when she cheated on him it seemed that he was still in love with her. His relation with Lilith started off very differently from the one with Charlotte. It took Diane's (of all people) intervention for them to get together. They seemed perfect for each other for years and yet in the end it failed.

So it could go either way, as far as I know. It could fail sometimes down the line, early or after years of ups and downs or it could pass the test of time and Charlotte becoming the woman he spends the rest of his life with.

It could be that Charlotte had already met another man, like the first one or that he had already called her and was sure of her response. It could be that she had already accepted to come with him to San Fran.

Anything is possible.
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby ProOperaVoter » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:16 pm

[/quote]
I don't know. Frasier lived with Lilith for more than a year before he married her and when she cheated on him it seemed that he was still in love with her. His relation with Lilith started off very differently from the one with Charlotte. It took Diane's (of all people) intervention for them to get together. They seemed perfect for each other for years and yet in the end it failed.

So it could go either way, as far as I know. It could fail sometimes down the line, early or after years of ups and downs or it could pass the test of time and Charlotte becoming the woman he spends the rest of his life with.

It could be that Charlotte had already met another man, like the first one or that he had already called her and was sure of her response. It could be that she had already accepted to come with him to San Fran.

Anything is possible.[/quote]

Eh, I think we can rule out the possibility of the Frasier-Charlotte relationship's failure; the creators wanted to convince us that there was a happy ending. On some websites it is suggested that he chooses love over career, though I always assumed he invited her to Frisco.
"Sherry, Niles?"
ProOperaVoter

Postby ProOperaVoter » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:16 pm

Bit of a fail with the quoting there.
"Sherry, Niles?"
ProOperaVoter

Postby Eddie2012 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:36 pm

ProOperaVoter wrote:Did Frasier choose Chicago over San Francisco, love over career, or did he simply go to Chicago to meet up with Charlotte: maybe to invite her to join him San Fran? Please help me.

Maybe he got back in contact with Kate Costas - she left for Chicago to turn a radio station into a talk radio station - so he could work there and pursue Charlotte :)
Eddie2012

Postby Patrick » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:47 pm

Eddie2012 wrote:
ProOperaVoter wrote:Did Frasier choose Chicago over San Francisco, love over career, or did he simply go to Chicago to meet up with Charlotte: maybe to invite her to join him San Fran? Please help me.

Maybe he got back in contact with Kate Costas - she left for Chicago to turn a radio station into a talk radio station - so he could work there and pursue Charlotte :)

Although, now that he's changed his mind about cats (he's no longer lethally allergic to them and don't mind having them around) maybe he could try again with Kate as well. :lol:
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby Frasiertime » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:21 am

Eddie2012 wrote:

I like that idea. Although I liked Charlotte, I didn't think she was ever in love with Frasier. So maybe he talked to Charlotte and realized things couldn't work out between them. He looked up Kate just because he was in Chicago and she was still single and one thing lead to another. I like that scenario. He could easily find work in Chicago and would also be closer to Freddy.
One of the best things about watching Frasier is the rewind button!
Frasiertime

Postby ProOperaVoter » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:20 am

Frasiertime wrote:
Eddie2012 wrote:

I like that idea. Although I liked Charlotte, I didn't think she was ever in love with Frasier. So maybe he talked to Charlotte and realized things couldn't work out between them. He looked up Kate just because he was in Chicago and she was still single and one thing lead to another. I like that scenario. He could easily find work in Chicago and would also be closer to Freddy.

Yes, and maybe he could also start pursuing Jay Cutler. :roll:
"Sherry, Niles?"
ProOperaVoter

Postby Fraise Fan » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:14 am

Actually, Kelsey Grammer is nearing the perfect age for role reversal. Frasier becomes the old guy living with his son, to carry the Freddy thing one step further. Then all the supporting characters come into play, the fussy brother, and his wife, even great grandpa if it was done soon enough. Of course, nobody would probably go for this idea, but it has some merit and could be a very workable show. But I believe that John Mahony is 73, so they better get crackin soon if great grandpa is in the show... Grammer is 57, I think, so 6 years before he is the 63 that Martin was when he moved in with Frasier. Of course, John Mahony refused other TV offers, in favor of theatre.
Fraise Fan

Previous

Return to Frasier Games / Polls / Quizzes