Re: Last Film You Watched

Postby woggle » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:38 pm

Conviction 4/5

Quite good , i like a true stary and this was quite a remarkable one
woggle

Postby woggle » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:44 pm

LOOPER 4.5/5

Awsome ..i did get slightly confused at one point but it just mananged to keep me in the loop [ no pun intended ] . I have no idea who the kid playing sid was but he was brilliant and was kinda spooky for it .

SNOWTOWN 4/5

One word for it - harrowing .... Its a tough watch but needed to be seen at least once.
woggle

Postby barnaclelapse » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:19 am

47 Ronin: 4/5
American Wedding: 3/5
American Reunion: 3/5
Hero: 3/5
Far From Heaven: 4/5
It Happened One Night: 5/5
It Started In Naples: 3/5
The Score: 3/5
barnaclelapse

Postby DiceMan » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:16 am

Parker
DiceMan

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:58 am

Summer School 8/10

One of my favorite "check your brain at the door" kind of movies. Young Mark Harmon is so adorable.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby woggle » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:04 pm

DiceMan wrote:Parker

Is that the one with Jason Statham ? any good?
woggle

Postby Forever Jung » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:29 pm

:twisted: The Illusionist.
Good movie 8)
The Cranes of Maine have got my Living Brain
Forever Jung

Postby Moon-Crane » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:11 am

Unknown (2011) - 4/10
Aggravating movie. I know it's supposed to be throwaway, but talk about overstretching logic to arrive at plotpoints in the narrative. Actually a nice little revelation in the final chapter, but not enough to lift it.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby DiceMan » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:44 am

@woggle

Yeah it was pretty good. Typical Statham flick in terms of story but entertaining enough. Could've used less clothes on Jennifer Lopez.
DiceMan

Postby Hector » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:53 pm

PistolPoet wrote:Finally decided to see the first three Die Hard films, so, judging by entertainment level and not by artistic value, I'd say:
Die Hard: 9/10
Die Hard 2: 6/10
Die Hard 3: 8/10

Also, Looper: 8.5/10

Couldn't agree more. Also you're spot with your assesment of Die Hard 2. Love 1 and 3 though.

I wish the newer ones would drop the huge OTT action bollocks and go back to the smaller clostraphobic having to think on his feet feel of the earlier ones. Plus McClaine is no longer the normal guy in a bad place, he's portrayed as an uber macho tough guy. I appreciate Bruces passion for the series but in interviews he seems to think the HUGE action set pieces is what made the series special, it ain't - for me.
Hector

Postby PistolPoet » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:20 pm

Hector wrote:
Couldn't agree more. Also you're spot with your assesment of Die Hard 2. Love 1 and 3 though.

I wish the newer ones would drop the huge OTT action bollocks and go back to the smaller clostraphobic having to think on his feet feel of the earlier ones. Plus McClaine is no longer the normal guy in a bad place, he's portrayed as an uber macho tough guy. I appreciate Bruces passion for the series but in interviews he seems to think the HUGE action set pieces is what made the series special, it ain't - for me.

Exactly. I think this article http://www.cracked.com/blog/4-simple-rules-not-screwing-up-die-hard-sequel/ sums up pretty well what makes the first Die Hard so good and what the franchise should go back to... but I think it's gone too far now to return to the good stuff :(. I haven't seen the fourth one and I have no intention of seeing the fifth. I mean, the tagline is "Yippee ki-yay Mother Russia"! :tongue6:
"Whenever I'm wrong, the world makes a little less sense."
PistolPoet

Postby welshben23 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:18 pm

Hector wrote:
PistolPoet wrote:Finally decided to see the first three Die Hard films, so, judging by entertainment level and not by artistic value, I'd say:
Die Hard: 9/10
Die Hard 2: 6/10
Die Hard 3: 8/10

Also, Looper: 8.5/10

Totally agree with everything you say. But that's one of the main reasons why I love 1 & 2. In both films he's a normal guy in a bad place, Nakatomi Plaza in DH1 and the Airport in 2. In DHWAV, he's a normal guy but in more than one bad place :lol: he's in the whole of New York! I really enjoy the film though. DH4 is just OK imo, and this new one seems to be getting terrible reviews.
welshben23

Postby Moon-Crane » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:52 pm

welshben23 wrote:Totally agree with everything you say. But that's one of the main reasons why I love 1 & 2. In both films he's a normal guy in a bad place, Nakatomi Plaza in DH1 and the Airport in 2. In DHWAV, he's a normal guy but in more than one bad place :lol: he's in the whole of New York! I really enjoy the film though. DH4 is just OK imo, and this new one seems to be getting terrible reviews.

Those trailers for the fifth installment look truly awful. You know a franchise has completely run out of ideas when they introduce a sibling to share in the adventure.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Eddie2012 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:25 pm

'Prometheus' - what a bore... Apparently you have to watch 'Alien' first but still...
Eddie2012

Postby woggle » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:11 pm

Eddie2012 wrote:'Prometheus' - what a bore... Apparently you have to watch 'Alien' first but still...

I have seen Alien first and it was still a snooze fest to me nothing bloody exciting happends !!!

So want to see this film :bounce: -Robot and frank
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiFqT5-6JQg
woggle

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:40 am

Glengarry GlenRoss

I finally watched this after years of people raving about it. Meh. I was pretty bored with it.
CatNamedRudy

Postby welshben23 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:43 am

Looper - WTF/10 - No seriously, the first 30-40 minutes were so boring but then Bruce Willis appeared and the film got a lot better. A very thought-provoking film but totally different to what I expected it to be. 7.5/10
welshben23

Postby woggle » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:15 pm

welshben23 wrote:Looper - WTF/10 - No seriously, the first 30-40 minutes were so boring but then Bruce Willis appeared and the film got a lot better. A very thought-provoking film but totally different to what I expected it to be. 7.5/10

I seemed to like it more then you did but like you the first half hour had me a little wtf to ..

I really liked Gengarry like you Cat took me years to finally get round to watching it ...aside from big action/sci-fi/CGI stuff i do occasionaly like a really talky talky film thrown in among them .
woggle

Postby woggle » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:27 pm

Robot and frank 4.5/5

Brilliant!!! i found the full movie on youtube and i loved it . Its a tad slow at the start but it gets much better & all the cast is fab ...i say if u come across it give it a go :D
woggle

Postby CatNamedRudy » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:25 pm

woggle wrote:
welshben23 wrote:Looper - WTF/10 - No seriously, the first 30-40 minutes were so boring but then Bruce Willis appeared and the film got a lot better. A very thought-provoking film but totally different to what I expected it to be. 7.5/10

I seemed to like it more then you did but like you the first half hour had me a little wtf to ..

I really liked Gengarry like you Cat took me years to finally get round to watching it ...aside from big action/sci-fi/CGI stuff i do occasionaly like a really talky talky film thrown in among them .

I like talky films too but nothing seemed to happen in Glengarry. It just bored me silly.
CatNamedRudy

Postby woggle » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:18 pm

Wasn't it a play first ? maybe thats why it never seems to move out of the office.

- Resi Evil :5 3/5

Could of fast forwarded the first 18 mins as it was pretty much a catch up [ which bugged me if u'd got to film 5 you'd ob watched the last 4 films ] but after that a pretty neat shooty at alien thingys film . Although it loses a point for the actress playing Ada Wong ...woman canny act to save her life!!
woggle

Postby barnaclelapse » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:13 pm

Hard Eight: 5/5
Bridesmaids: 4/5
Lawrence of Arabia: 3/5
A Good Day to Die Hard: 4/5
George Washington: 5/5
The Package: 3/5
Day for Night: 5/5
barnaclelapse

Postby woggle » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:42 pm

Skyfall 4/5

Didn't seem to love it as much as everyone else but it was pretty good , nice to see a more personal storyline and a lot more of old blighty on film . I really really do miss the gadgets thou :( and it needs more quips which is why i still prefer the bond films with Pierce Brosnan.

Tower block 4/5

Wicket brit film with a bit of a silly plot [ sniper takes out the last fre residents of a tower block due to be demolished ] but thought it was done well when ob on a tiny budget and the two leads were fantastic ...
Spoiler: show
its pretty brutal as no one escapes being killed . but i thin thats what makes it stand out
woggle

Postby CatNamedRudy » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:50 pm

woggle wrote:Skyfall 4/5

Didn't seem to love it as much as everyone else but it was pretty good , nice to see a more personal storyline and a lot more of old blighty on film . I really really do miss the gadgets thou :( and it needs more quips which is why i still prefer the bond films with Pierce Brosnan.

I miss gadgety Bond too. But I did love Skyfall.
CatNamedRudy

Postby woggle » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:23 pm

The social network 4/5

I ignored this for a good while thinking it'll be boring but found it cheap on dvd and gave it a go .... have to say i thought it was facinating to see how FB was devised and the ongoing suits involving eveyone . If Mr Zuckerberg was really like that then i find him a bit of an ass ..lol .Only downpoint is the actor who played him who talks so friggin fast sometimes i had to put the subtitles on ..was pretty good film thou .
woggle

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion