Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

The Rant Thread!!

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Re: The Rant Thread!!

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:31 pm

We don't have any snow. It's just flipping cold.

I see where you're coming from Patrick. I wouldn't mind shoveling snow either if I only had to do it a few times every few years. The problem is that even though we haven't had a lot of snow in the last 2 years when we do get it, it snows like 2 feet! And that is no fun to shovel.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Moon-Crane » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:35 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:COLD! It was -6 (F) when I got up this morning. It has warmed up to -5!

WHY DO I LIVE IN THIS GODFORSAKEN FROZEN TUNDRA?

I can't imagine what it's like having to put up with sustained periods at those temperatures. This last week or so at 25-30F and a couple of inches of snow has been aggravating enough.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby CatNamedRudy » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:34 am

25-30F would feel like a heat wave right now! It's currently 8.
CatNamedRudy

Postby Frasiertime » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:00 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:25-30F would feel like a heat wave right now! It's currently 8.

We're having the same here in Chicago, it climbed up to 12 this morning. That tropical beach vacation in Florida you mentioned in another thread sure sounds good right now!
One of the best things about watching Frasier is the rewind button!
Frasiertime

Postby CatNamedRudy » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:34 pm

Frasiertime wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:25-30F would feel like a heat wave right now! It's currently 8.

We're having the same here in Chicago, it climbed up to 12 this morning. That tropical beach vacation in Florida you mentioned in another thread sure sounds good right now!

It was 10 here when I woke up this morning. Downright balmy out there! :lol:
CatNamedRudy

Postby Patrick » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:34 pm

I'll never get used to the F-degrees (or F-hokey for that matter. :D ) to me 10 degrees IS balmy, especially in winter. :wink:
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby CatNamedRudy » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:49 pm

I will admit that centigrade readings make more sense. Zero being freeazing instead of 32 being freezing.
CatNamedRudy

Postby Dorset Girl » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:33 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:I will admit that centigrade readings make more sense. Zero being freeazing instead of 32 being freezing.

Yep, farenheit doesn't make a lot of sense to me either.

I have voluntarily been trudging through snowdrifts, camera in hand, all week. Although I've felt very cold, it wasn't until this morning that I was actually concerned I might lose bits of me to frostbite! I visited Hardy's Monument, which is in a very exposed location on the south coast. The wind was bitter, and even though I was well wrapped up and only out in it for about ten minutes, I had to give up and go back to the car as I couldn't feel my hands. As they started to warm up, it was agony. I have Raynaud's Syndrome, which means that my hands hurt even if they only get a little bit cold. This morning was ridiculous. Good job there was no one nearby to hear my loud swearing.
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby Forever Jung » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:51 pm

:twisted: Where's my favourite hobby horse?
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, there it is. :roll:

Bastard bull breed owners :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Was walking Scoobie through the park earlier, and some tosser comes through the gate a little further up the path, and he's got one of those bastard dogs with him, and it's off it's lead.

He turned left so that he's heading in the same direction as us, but in front of us.
The dog follows him, but then changes it's mind and runs at Scoobie.
I yanked Scoobie up into my arms and shouted at the bloke to call his dog back.

Stupid fucking tosser comes back with my favourite reply "it's ok".

Now, no matter what breed you own, you are responsible for your dog.
If somebody does not want your dog near them, it is your responsibility to keep that dog away from them.
No questions, if someone tells you to take your dog away you take the dog AWAY!

You don't stand there looking like the worlds most gormeless prat shouting "it's ok" at somebody who obviously feels threatened by your dog.

Scoobie is just a little guy, and pretty harmless, but if someone reacted with panic to him being near them I wouldn't question or reassure them, i'd take him away.

So that was it, I turned the air blue shouting at him that it was NOT ok, and he asks me "who are you talking to" looking a bit like he fancied some trouble.
"YOU, YOU C*NT" was the reply, and his face changed somewhat.
I was FUMING, and it must have showed because the guy got an awful less confrontational pretty damn fast.
I told him (well, shouted at him) that i've had two dogs attacked by bull breeds, that I didn't want bull breeds near my dog, and that his mutt should be on a lead.
So then I tell him i'm ringing the police, and he replies "go on then". I get the phone out and start dialing 999, but he starts to walk off. I tell him to stay where he bloody well was and wait for the police, but he says you can send them after me, and walks off down the path.

Cooling down for a second, I decided I didn't want to dial 999 because it wasn't an emergency (Scoobie was no longer under threat) so I walked out the gate and after a couple of minutes a police car came past so I flagged it down.
I told the police what had happened, and they said they were on the way back to the station, but they'd call through for a unit to go and take a look.
Jo and I went in the park and could see the bloke in the distance (with that fucking mutt still off it's lead), and rather than keep going the way he did (Mr "I don't care, send them after me") he buggered off in another direction and circled back the way he came.

All the way through the park we didn't see a single police car come anyway near.
No wonder there have been so many attacks in that park.

Bastard bull breed owners and a usless asshole police force :evil: :evil: :evil:
The Cranes of Maine have got my Living Brain
Forever Jung

Postby Patrick » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:32 pm

I like running through the park nearby, even when the soil is snow-covered. So two days ago, there was this guy with a pitbull on a leash and for a couple of seconds the pit humped my leg the same way one did to Niles in Moons Over Seattle if memory serves. Anyway, I was angry and shouted at the guy but what can you do? Just imagine the hundreds that this idiot has probably embarrassed with his dog and countless of other idiots like him who likewise have little to no control over their mutts. Yet, since the dog was on a leash and he didn't really harm me, except emotionally then he gets away Scot free with it. What is it with these people who don't realize that they are a public nuisance?
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby Forever Jung » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:24 pm

Patrick wrote:I like running through the park nearby, even when the soil is snow-covered. So two days ago, there was this guy with a pitbull on a leash and for a couple of seconds the pit humped my leg the same way one did to Niles in Moons Over Seattle if memory serves. Anyway, I was angry and shouted at the guy but what can you do? Just imagine the hundreds that this idiot has probably embarrassed with his dog and countless of other idiots like him who likewise have little to no control over their mutts. Yet, since the dog was on a leash and he didn't really harm me, except emotionally then he gets away Scot free with it. What is it with these people who don't realize that they are a public nuisance?

:twisted: At least that one was on a leash.
But the thing is, if the dog has a habit of doing that to people the owner should have made damn sure that the dog didn't get close enough to you to do that.
Even if it meant that he had to change direction because you were walking toward him.
What did the owner do when his dog did that?

If you are the one with the problem animal it is up to you to get it the fuck out of the way, not everyone elses duty to go out of their way to go around you because you have a Freuidian excuse for a penis on the other end of the lead.

I remember walking up to a street crossing with Scoobie, and some asshole had a dog that could have passed for a small horse. The dog tried to lunge at Scoobie, and as it did so it pushed a kid into the road. Luckilly the kid wasn't hurt.
The guy acted like it was my fault because I went and stood at the crossing instead of waiting halfway down the frigging street until they had gone.
Screw that.
If YOU want to have an animal that YOU can't control then it's up to YOU to get the hell out of my way with it.
Forever Jung

Postby Forever Jung » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:43 pm

:twisted: We really need to control the stupid members of society.

I was doing a gig on Sunday (St Patrick's Day) and a group of people came in. One of them, a girl of about 18/19 years old came over to me and told me her Grandad used to own the pub (she and her friends had a photo of the old dude on their T shirts), and was Irish, so could I play lots of Irish music (which I was doing already :? ).

Anyway, later on this girl sked me if her and her friend could sing The Fields Of Athenry.
I puts the song on, gives them the mics and they start singing. Then they start shouting "IRA" and "Sinn Fein".
I told her not to do that.
Later on she came up to me and asked me why I didn't let them shout IRA.
She just didn't get it.
I said to her "they blow people up".
She replied "I know, but why does that cause trouble?".

It's Paddy's day, i'm having quite a nice day and had a few beers (everyone in Liverpool is an honourary Irishman on the 17th March :lol: ) and now I have to explain why the IRA blowing people up is not a good thing.

I told her that in 1993 (I think it was 93) the IRA blew up a shopping center in Warrington, just down the road, killing a boy of 3, and another boy aged 12.

Then I told her about the last time I let anyone sing The Fields Of Athenry on my karaoke (and it was actually me :oops: ).
Everton had been playing at home and we had a load of football fans in.
They'be been having a sing along to Fields Of Athenry earlier on without any trouble before I started work, so I thought i'd do the song myself so they could all sing along.
Half way through, this little oink who looked about 12 starts yelling IRA at the top of his voice.
The manager, Peter, was an ex para who'd seen his mates killed in N Ireland. Peter is usually a lovely bloke, but it took about four of us to hold him back.

That was about 7 years ago.
I took the song out my book, and if anyone asked for it I told them the disc was broke.

On Sunday i'd sung it earler in the afternoon (before these people turned up) and it went down really well. People sang along and there was no problem.

It's a nice song, and there are plenty of genuinly nice people who like to sing it, but it's out the book for good now.
It's way more trouble than it's worth.
Forever Jung

Postby CatNamedRudy » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:03 am

How is it that people don't know that blowing people up is a bad thing? There are better ways to get your point across.
CatNamedRudy

Postby Patrick » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:51 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:How is it that people don't know that blowing people up is a bad thing? There are better ways to get your point across.

You may as well ask why there are serial killers or flashers or bank robbers, or tax evaders or lawyers.

I guess we'll always have them.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:51 am

Patrick wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:How is it that people don't know that blowing people up is a bad thing? There are better ways to get your point across.

You may as well ask why there are serial killers or flashers or bank robbers, or tax evaders or lawyers.

I guess we'll always have them.

Lawyers are a whole different animal that nobody can explain! :D

I get that there are people who DO that stuff. My question was how are there people who are too stupid to know enough history to know that the IRA blew people up and that it was not exactly a good thing. These are 20-something kids that seem to know nothing about this group for which they are screaming support.
CatNamedRudy

Postby !Amz! » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:32 am

Yet another point to my university. The one day that I'm actually able to get down to the library to get more books for my essays and it's sodding closed. Now I'm not going to be able to get in till Friday which means leaving it till the last minute. ARGH.
!Amz!

Postby Patrick » Thu May 16, 2013 5:09 pm

I don't get why people make such a big deal out of people's last words. Seconds before you die your brain is likely to be malfunctioning already, so what you say is likely to be substandard at best and delusional at worst, IE of the "fridge pants" quality.

Just sayin'.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby CatNamedRudy » Fri May 17, 2013 12:53 am

Rosebud.
CatNamedRudy

Postby Moon-Crane » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:33 pm

The EDL can go screw themeselves - and i encourage them all to put loaded guns to their own heads and pull the triggers if they're so unhappy with the state of the UK. You don't speak for me, you despicable asswipes.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Moon-Crane » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:34 pm

Bloody twitter are a right pain in the arse changing their widgets on a wim. Fancy killing off an old, fully working and editable widget when the new one isn't fully developed. :roll:

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Previous

Return to Off Topic Discussion