Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

The Footy Thread!

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Re: The Footy Thread!

Postby Moon-Crane » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:35 pm

Good night for you Benny boy. Nice trip to Wembley to look forward to. :thumbright:

Looks like Hazard will be in a bit of trouble.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby woggle » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:04 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:Good night for you Benny boy. Nice trip to Wembley to look forward to. :thumbright:

Er yea bit odd that wasn't it ? was wondering why he didn't just jesture to the ref that he couldn't get to the ball 7 ask for another ... wot he actually did was just stooooopid!

well done to swansea Benny :D
woggle

Postby welshben23 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:24 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:Good night for you Benny boy. Nice trip to Wembley to look forward to. :thumbright:

:bounce: :bounce: Oh yes! :D I'm not sure if I'll be going to Wembley though. It's not the easiest place to get to and although they're good, the disabled facilities aren't the best. Plus the fact the last time we were there, I didn't go and we won so I don't want to jeopardise that. Also and most importantly :lol: I don't think my nerves could take it.
welshben23

Postby Forever Jung » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:18 pm

:twisted: Me? :shock:
Posting in the footie thread? :shock:
The devil must be handing out ice skates :lol:

I was at my parents last night, and I walked into the living room and they had the football on.
Saw that dirty fecker attack the ball boy.
Seriously, WTF????????
If any of us walked up to someone in the street and kicked them like that we'd be in jail.

Perhaps the ball boy was being a bit naughty and keeping the ball away, but surely there are other ways to confront the matter by sticking your boot into him?

Why couldn't he have signaled to the ref that the ball boy was being obstructive?
Add on time to the game, and the ball boy answers for his actions.

He should be brought up on assalt charges, and if he's found guilty he should get jail time, not a fine that he can afford to pay without batting an eyelid.
Disgusting behaviour.
The Cranes of Maine have got my Living Brain
Forever Jung

Postby Moon-Crane » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:12 pm

Never going to happen. Both the ball boy and Hazard apologised to each other after the match so it's not going to get taken any further by the police. Hazard will likely, and rightly, get some punishment from the football authorities - but that will be a fine and possibly some game bans.

Hazard was stupid, but he was clearly trying to kick the ball out from beneath the ball boy. Still wrong, still naughty, but we do live in a time where everybody wants blood for any sort of indiscretion and apologies are simply not accepted as enough.

It sounded bad in the initial reports i heard, but then looked more idiotic than vicious when i saw the clip on the news.

There have been some serious dumbasses saying the ball boy completely deserved it and that hazard shouldn't have been sent off or receive any further punishment. That's just bizarre. The ball boy acted like an idiot but it didn't justify what escalated. I hope the more loutish element of 'fans' leave the young lad alone. Sky Sports news seemed to take great glee in plastering his twitter account all over their screens and waiting eagerly for him to post something yesterday - that can only help stir things up.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby woggle » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:30 pm

I didn't find out till this morning the ball 'boy ' was 17 :shock: in other words old enough to know better really , and he tweeted he was going to hold the ball up at some point during the game ...so thinking he was a little naughty to.
woggle

Postby woggle » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:12 pm

what a day of FA cup footy !! :D

Blackburn in the draw at home in the nxt round ...i'll take that!!!
woggle

Postby Moon-Crane » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:19 pm

woggle wrote:what a day of FA cup footy !! :D

Blackburn in the draw at home in the nxt round ...i'll take that!!!

A bunch more crazy results in this round. Even your lot struggled through - but at least they made it.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Moon-Crane » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:52 pm

Allez les Magpies! Big win for us tonight. The new French contingent did pretty well for being thrown into that pressure game. I wouldn't weep to see Villa go down.

Major dropped points for Man City at QPR.

Big game tomorrow for your lot against Liverpool, woggle. Feeling confident? :D

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby woggle » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:04 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:Allez les Magpies! Big win for us tonight. The new French contingent did pretty well for being thrown into that pressure game. I wouldn't weep to see Villa go down.

Sorry i saw this late , but yes i was!! lol after Liverpool fucked up againd Oldham i expected a good 2-3 to nill win ... i wasn't feeling well lst nite sos didn't see any of it but i hear we were 2 down and came back . Only gd thing to come out of that is that Walcott seems to of found some shootin boots again and chelsea , spurs also drew. :D
woggle

Postby Moon-Crane » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:09 am

woggle wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:Allez les Magpies! Big win for us tonight. The new French contingent did pretty well for being thrown into that pressure game. I wouldn't weep to see Villa go down.

Sorry i saw this late , but yes i was!! lol after Liverpool fucked up againd Oldham i expected a good 2-3 to nill win ... i wasn't feeling well lst nite sos didn't see any of it but i hear we were 2 down and came back . Only gd thing to come out of that is that Walcott seems to of found some shootin boots again and chelsea , spurs also drew. :D

Good comeback by your lot. Handy for my FF team that Walcott scored.

That Chelsea collapse was bizarre. Not sure why Benitez felt the need to take off Mata?

QPR are going for broke on transfer deadline day. It's like they're throwing all their money into the pot for win or bust.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Moon-Crane » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:26 pm

Bit of a frustrating time for you at the moment, Woggle? Well beaten by Bayern tonight.

Wenger looks like he's really feeling the pressure at the moment.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby woggle » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:34 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:Bit of a frustrating time for you at the moment, Woggle? Well beaten by Bayern tonight.

Wenger looks like he's really feeling the pressure at the moment.

He most definatly is ...according to the paper he didn't talk to the players for half an hour after .. we are in serious trouble but im not sure if it's Wengers fault for not buying big in the last few transfer market's or our players not trying hard enough .

Its all to mechanical at the mo side to side down the line to Sagna he crosses and it comes to nothin , ball goes to keeper to often and when we go forward we don't have any one prepared to take on players ..Wilshire / Wallcott do occasionaly but other than that ... dunno how best to fix that at the mo.
woggle

Postby welshben23 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:51 pm

WOOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOO! What a brilliant result! I didn't think Bradford played that badly, most of our players were excellent I thought. Dyer was immense. Next stop Europe!! :bounce: :bounce:
welshben23

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:39 pm

Congratualation, Ben! Pity it was 5-0, as i had a bet on 4-0 :D

I only saw the highlights after managing to avoid the score all day but the gulf in class was magnifyed by a thousand on the Wembley pitch. I guess the big pitch and a good passing team found Bradford out big time. Fantastic for you, though. Hopefully we wont see any other lower league teams get to a cup final for a long while now.

Thought Dyer was a bit of a dick when he wasn't allowed to take the penalty. I'd not have let him, either, if i was Laudrup. And I'd have probably taken him off straight away after the penalty was scored. But outside of that tantrum he seemed to play well. Was he man of the match?

More importantly, do you think you can keep hold of Laudrup and Michu for next season?

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby welshben23 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:16 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:Congratualation, Ben! Pity it was 5-0, as i had a bet on 4-0 :D

I only saw the highlights after managing to avoid the score all day but the gulf in class was magnifyed by a thousand on the Wembley pitch. I guess the big pitch and a good passing team found Bradford out big time. Fantastic for you, though. Hopefully we wont see any other lower league teams get to a cup final for a long while now.

Thought Dyer was a bit of a dick when he wasn't allowed to take the penalty. I'd not have let him, either, if i was Laudrup. And I'd have probably taken him off straight away after the penalty was scored. But outside of that tantrum he seemed to play well. Was he man of the match?

More importantly, do you think you can keep hold of Laudrup and Michu for next season?

:lol: One of my friends said on facebook that he had a bet on Dyer being the first scorer and Swansea to win 4-0! Oops. It was nice to see Bradford getting to the final I think but I agree with you. The pitch at Wembley does magnify the gulf in class between Premier League teams and lower league teams. Dyer was certainly a bit of a dick acting like that, he was a like a child who didn't get his own way. De Guzman was the one who was clean through on goal and he also takes the free-kicks and corners so I can see why he wanted to take the penalty. I presume Dyer was man of the match as I saw him standing with the Cup and in his other hand he had a smaller trophy.

I'm fairly hopeful Laudrup will stay as the team has got European football to look forward to and I think there's possibly only 3 teams that could change his mind, Real Madrid, Barcelona and the Danish National team. Unlike Rodgers who I thought took a tiny step up, I would definitely not blame Laudrup if he went to Real or Barca as this would be a huge step up from Swansea and also they were the teams he played for and had most success at. If we keep hold of Laudrup, Michu will stay I think. There are rumours going around of Michu telling Laudrup not to listen to any offers from any team for him in the Summer because he really wants to stay here. :?:
welshben23

Postby Moon-Crane » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:46 pm

:lol: Suarez on Ivanovic was just too funny. Crazy man. That's him out for the rest of the season, i guess. bad news for Fantasy Football people.

What fun it will be to see Man Utd and Robin van Persie trot out as Premier League champions at Arsenal. I bet the fans are going to love that :D (Sorry woggle ;))

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby woggle » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:04 pm

Moon-Crane wrote::lol: Suarez on Ivanovic was just too funny. Crazy man. That's him out for the rest of the season, i guess. bad news for Fantasy Football people.

What fun it will be to see Man Utd and Robin van Persie trot out as Premier League champions at Arsenal. I bet the fans are going to love that :D (Sorry woggle ;))

I ran out of the room and sat in the toilet during it !! i could not watch my lot line up and clap man united as they came out during that guard of honor crap !! urgh inconcivable! lol shame thou if not for the pen i thought we coulda won that game .

Canny belive that suarez incident , i have no idea wot goes thru his mind! madness!
woggle

Postby welshben23 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:29 pm

M-C. it's war tonight! :violent1: :lol: We really need the 3 points.
welshben23

Postby Moon-Crane » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:12 am

welshben23 wrote:M-C. it's war tonight! :violent1: :lol: We really need the 3 points.

I watched the game. You deserved to win. It was a nailed on penalty, and Shelvey should have been off - but the result was fair.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:37 pm

:wav:

Poor old David Moyes :D

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Moon-Crane » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:07 pm

Ben, you must be a little bemused by Laudrup's dismissal at Swansea? :shock:

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby welshben23 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:51 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:Ben, you must be a little bemused by Laudrup's dismissal at Swansea? :shock:

To be honest M-C, I'm not bemused at all. The relationship between him and the chairman has really gone downhill in the past few months. In my opinion he's looked like he just doesn't care any longer. Some rumours that the players hated his training methods too. The final straw was when he gave the team 2 days off from training after the pathetic, abject performance against West Ham and he pissed off to Paris.
welshben23

Postby Moon-Crane » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:49 pm

welshben23 wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:Ben, you must be a little bemused by Laudrup's dismissal at Swansea? :shock:

To be honest M-C, I'm not bemused at all. The relationship between him and the chairman has really gone downhill in the past few months. In my opinion he's looked like he just doesn't care any longer. Some rumours that the players hated his training methods too. The final straw was when he gave the team 2 days off from training after the pathetic, abject performance against West Ham and he pissed off to Paris.

I guess so. I don't know the ins and outs of your club. I know it's all too common, but I just find it incredible when any club boots the manager after a relatively short spell of bad results.

You must be a little more worried about a relegation scrap now?

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby welshben23 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:35 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:
welshben23 wrote:

I guess so. I don't know the ins and outs of your club. I know it's all too common, but I just find it incredible when any club boots the manager after a relatively short spell of bad results.

You must be a little more worried about a relegation scrap now?

I thought I'd leave it until after yesterdays game to answer you. :D I was very worried about a relegation scrap, not so much after yesterday. But I'd be stupid to think we're fine after 1 good performance. I think it's squeaky bum time for all the teams from 10th place down.
welshben23

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion