Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

NFL 2012-2013 Season

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Re: NFL 2012-2013 Season

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:53 am

I lost some respect for him and the Skins as an organization during RG3's press conference. He was pretty of himself and said he was the QB and was his call if he should stay in the game. No Robert! When the coaching and medical staff see you limping and not playing up to par it is THEIR call! If we allowed players to make that decision everyone but Jay Cutler would have to be carted off the field. Also, it DID effect your performance and the fact that you are denying that shows even more how it should not have been your decision!
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Moon-Crane » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:52 pm

I've no sympathy for Washington. Players can mouth off all they like, it's up to the coach to make the final decision.

CatNamedRudy wrote:On to San Francisco where it's not going to be so easy!

I think you might take that, though. You have the momentum, form and pretty full strength squad. SF looked to be going the other way. I know they were coasting into the end of the season, but it's not that easy to just switch on and off as needed - and they've really got to switch back on against a very good team now.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby welshben23 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:05 pm

I forgot to do my annual predictions at the start of the Play-offs. But now it comes down to the 4 best teams in each conference. Here's my take on things -

Texans @ Patriots - I know they didn't play that well in the last 2 games of the Regular Season but I think the Patriots are probably the best team in the AFC at the moment. I don't think they will smash the Texans like they did in Week 14 but I do see the Patriots winning this game quite comfortably. Pick - Pats

Ravens @ Broncos - The Broncos are probably the 2nd best team left in the AFC at the moment, some might say they are better than the Pats as the defense is probably a little better. The Ravens will be pumped up as it could be 52's last game but I can see Manning picking holes in the Baltimore secondary and the Broncos winning a close game. Thus ensuring the Brady Bunch will visit Peyton's Place in the AFC Championship Game! Pick - Broncos

Packers @ 49ers - Personally this will be my favourite game of the whole weekend, which means it will be a very late night for me. I don't think the 49ers aren't nearly as good as some of the media and fans think they are. A lot of the times they blow hot and cold and with the inexperience of Kaepernick it doesn't make me think that they will be holding the Lombardi Trophy on February 3rd. I think the Packers are getting players back from injury at the right time and are getting hot. Pick - Packers

Seahawks @ Falcons - Unlike the Niners the Falcons haven't got a lot of love from the media even though they are the top seeds in the NFC. They are better than what people think they are IMO. But saying that, I can see the Seattle Seahawks pulling off a shock in this game and going to the frozen tundra of Lambeau Field for the NFC Championship Game. Pick - Seahawks.

Any thoughts?
welshben23

Postby Moon-Crane » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:30 pm

I couldn't really disagree with any of those. Falcons may beat the Seahawks, but the other three look sorted.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby CatNamedRudy » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:52 pm

Those would be my picks as well Benny. Though I'm very concerned about the Packers. I'd feel better if they were playing at Lambeau.

I don't think the Falcons are nearly as good as their record reflects and Russell Wilson has just been amazing. The Seahawks are my second favorite team in the NFL.
CatNamedRudy

Postby Moon-Crane » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:05 pm

I wouldn't be too unhappy to see the Seahawks go all the way this year.

But please let's not have the Broncos doing it.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby welshben23 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:16 am

I think Russell Wilson has been amazing too, he will be the 1st rookie QB to start in a Super Bowl if the Seahawks get there. I really don't mind which team gets there from the NFC. I don't dislike any of them. Any team apart from the Patriots in the AFC for me.
welshben23

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:10 pm

welshben23 wrote:I think Russell Wilson has been amazing too, he will be the 1st rookie QB to start in a Super Bowl if the Seahawks get there. I really don't mind which team gets there from the NFC. I don't dislike any of them. Any team apart from the Patriots in the AFC for me.

My preference would be for a Packer/Raven Super Bowl but I'm pretty sure that isn't going to happen. I'll be very surprised if the Ravens aren't torn to shreds by the Broncos. A Seahawk/Packer NFC Championship game would be awesome.
CatNamedRudy

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:34 am

Ouch!

But it was fun watching the Broncos lose.
CatNamedRudy

Postby welshben23 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:05 am

That's it. I'm retiring, no more predictions for any NFL games. :D
welshben23

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:28 pm

:lol: I hope I go 50/50 today. Go Seahawks!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:24 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:Ouch!

Pity that.

But it was fun watching the Broncos lose.

Oh yes.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:25 pm

welshben23 wrote:That's it. I'm retiring, no more predictions for any NFL games. :D

:D We all did well there. :lol:

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby CatNamedRudy » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:30 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:
welshben23 wrote:That's it. I'm retiring, no more predictions for any NFL games. :D

:D We all did well there. :lol:

Yeah. That was pretty sad. Life as a professional gambler is not in my future!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:27 am

Very pleased the Pats get their asses handed to them. :D They've got to be up there with the cowboys in the arrogance stakes.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby CatNamedRudy » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:16 pm

No Tom Brady and no Mannings. I'm quite pleased with the Harbaugh Bowl!
CatNamedRudy

Postby welshben23 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:00 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:Very pleased the Pats get their asses handed to them. :D They've got to be up there with the cowboys in the arrogance stakes.

It's at times like this, we need a like button on this forum. :D Apart from one Manning not being there, I am really happy with the Harbaugh Bowl. Great that it's Joe Flacco vs CK7 for the Lombardi trophy and I'm glad that seasoned campaigners like Gore, Davis. Smith or Reed and Suggs will get their first Super Bowl.
welshben23

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:36 pm

Ended up being a very decent final. Certainly memorable for that third quarter alone, with the kick off return, the power cut and then the comeback.

Thought Ravens were going to blow it, and they probably should have been pulled up for that foul on the 49ers last go at the end zone.

Wasn't really fussed who won, just glad it didn't end up being a one-sided affair. Was looking very much like being that until the blackout.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby CatNamedRudy » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:46 pm

I love listening to all the Whiner fans piss and moan about that call. Maybe the Niners should have showed up before the lights went out! Then that call wouldn't have mattered. On top of the fact that there was a push off by Crabtree and the ball was uncatchable. Oh and did I mention the uncalled roughing call on Flacco a few plays earlier that would have ended the game right there and then?

I better not hear one Niner fan mention the Fail Mary game to me what with all the crying and whining they are doing today.

And I'm glad Ray Lewis didn't win the Super Bowl MVP. Flacco deserved it.

Also am very happy that Adrian Peterson won the NFL MVP over Peyton Manning. AP deserved it more than anyone.
CatNamedRudy

Postby welshben23 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:53 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:I love listening to all the Whiner fans piss and moan about that call. Maybe the Niners should have showed up before the lights went out! Then that call wouldn't have mattered. On top of the fact that there was a push off by Crabtree and the ball was uncatchable. Oh and did I mention the uncalled roughing call on Flacco a few plays earlier that would have ended the game right there and then?

I better not hear one Niner fan mention the Fail Mary game to me what with all the crying and whining they are doing today.

And I'm glad Ray Lewis didn't win the Super Bowl MVP. Flacco deserved it.

Also am very happy that Adrian Peterson won the NFL MVP over Peyton Manning. AP deserved it more than anyone.

I was just about to ask if the pass was uncatchable? I agree with you, Crabtree pushed off as well, but I reckon if it was anywhere else on the field and at any other time of the game the refs would've thrown a flag on that. I think Jacoby Jones deserved the MVP as much as Flacco.
welshben23

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:31 pm

I would have been fine with Jones getting it as well. I was just happy Ray Lewis didn't get it. I hope he really does retire because I'm tired of the worship this guy gets.
CatNamedRudy

Postby Moon-Crane » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:42 am

I'd have kicked the television through the window if that god-bothering murderer had won MVP. I thought Jones looked good for it, but it was likely the winning QB would nab it.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Moon-Crane » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:10 pm

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Moon-Crane » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:35 am

Who's ready for the new season! I think it'll be another long, hard season for the ol' Raiders.

Hope your Giants pound "America's Team" on Sunday Night, Benny Boy! :D

This Tim Tebow article by Ed Brayton made me chuckle.
Patriots Release, I Mean Persecute, Tim Tebow

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby welshben23 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:08 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:Who's ready for the new season! I think it'll be another long, hard season for the ol' Raiders.

Hope your Giants pound "America's Team" on Sunday Night, Benny Boy! :D

This Tim Tebow article by Ed Brayton made me chuckle.
Patriots Release, I Mean Persecute, Tim Tebow

:lol: Me too. I can't think of any team I hate more than the Cowgirls.
welshben23

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion