Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

What has confused you today?

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Re: What has confused you today?

Postby barnaclelapse » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:13 am

I only ever share jokes and cheap plugs with people on Twitter. I'll sometimes share a random, weird thought. The most inane thing I probably share on it as it relates to my day is a movie I'm watching or album I'm listening to. If only to see if someone responds. You never know where you might get a good conversation from.

I have gotten to talk to my favorite adult film performer on Twitter though, so that's neat.
barnaclelapse

Postby Lil » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:18 pm

barnaclelapse wrote:I only ever share jokes and cheap plugs with people on Twitter. I'll sometimes share a random, weird thought. The most inane thing I probably share on it as it relates to my day is a movie I'm watching or album I'm listening to. If only to see if someone responds. You never know where you might get a good conversation from.

I have gotten to talk to my favorite adult film performer on Twitter though, so that's neat.

What is your Twitter username?
Lil

Postby Dorset Girl » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:56 pm

My blokey's not here tonight, for the first time in two or three weeks... weird how quickly you get used to someone being around. The house feels half empty and I feel lost and pathetic. :lol:
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby Patrick » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:29 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:My blokey's not here tonight, for the first time in two or three weeks... weird how quickly you get used to someone being around. The house feels half empty and I feel lost and pathetic. :lol:

An optimist would feel the house half full. :wink: :mrgreen:
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby Forever Jung » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:14 pm

Patrick wrote:An optimist would feel the house half full. :wink: :mrgreen:

:twisted: And a married person would be praising the lord for some peace and quiet :lol:
The Cranes of Maine have got my Living Brain
Forever Jung

Postby Eddie2012 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:26 am

I live in a small block of four flats. This morning I heard same hammering coming from a neighbouring flat. When I left for work, I found two men huddled above the open manhole cover for the water drainage, wondering how to turn off the water supply for 'these flats'. What the...?!? You can't just turn off the water supply for 4 flats unannounced at 8.30 in the morning, because you're doing stuff in your own flat?!?
Eddie2012

Postby woggle » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:36 am

Eddie2012 wrote:I live in a small block of four flats. This morning I heard same hammering coming from a neighbouring flat. When I left for work, I found two men huddled above the open manhole cover for the water drainage, wondering how to turn off the water supply for 'these flats'. What the...?!? You can't just turn off the water supply for 4 flats unannounced at 8.30 in the morning, because you're doing stuff in your own flat?!?

Thats a bit naughty !! had the same sorta thing a while bk all the water cut off couldn't figure out why found out the neighbor was having kitchen done and turned all the water off without asking .. very annoying .Id ask them politley to notify you next time!
woggle

Postby Dorset Girl » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:08 pm

I can't believe how seriously so many people are taking this misinterpreted 'Mayan Prophecy' bollocks!!
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby Patrick » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:19 pm

It's amazing how with two-bit rhetoric people who are the true victims can be portrayed as the guilty ones and vice versa, and some people swallow that like cheap wine!
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby welshben23 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:24 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:I can't believe how seriously so many people are taking this misinterpreted 'Mayan Prophecy' bollocks!!

I read somewhere that one person thought that the Queen visiting 10 Downing Street to observe a meeting was 'a sign" and after that she would be sent to a bunker in the Antarctic?! :?:
welshben23

Postby CatNamedRudy » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:51 pm

welshben23 wrote:
Dorset Girl wrote:I can't believe how seriously so many people are taking this misinterpreted 'Mayan Prophecy' bollocks!!

I read somewhere that one person thought that the Queen visiting 10 Downing Street to observe a meeting was 'a sign" and after that she would be sent to a bunker in the Antarctic?! :?:

:lol: We're expecting a blizzard tomorrow. A sure sign the end is nigh!
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Patrick » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:47 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:
welshben23 wrote:

:lol: We're expecting a blizzard tomorrow. A sure sign the end is nigh!

I think the worst joke that the pre-columbian people played on us is introducing us to tobacco. Imagine the countless lives that have been cut short thanks to that crap.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby welshben23 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:44 pm

I'm going to be doing so much blocking and deleting off Facebook tonight and tomorrow, I'm not to have many friends left on there when I'm finished. I really thought most of my friends were better than this(no offense to anyone else' friends, I don't mean it like that), this is all they are talking about FFS! :roll:
welshben23

Postby woggle » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:38 am

welshben23 wrote:

I'm going to be doing so much blocking and deleting off Facebook tonight and tomorrow, I'm not to have many friends left on there when I'm finished. I really thought most of my friends were better than this(no offense to anyone else' friends, I don't mean it like that), this is all they are talking about FFS! :roll:

Majority of peeps on my FB page are pure taking the piss in fact some of the posts are quite funny i find .
woggle

Postby Patrick » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:58 am

I was wondering if the world would end with a bang or a whimper...
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby DAMN » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:17 am

Patrick wrote:I was wondering if the world would end with a bang or a whimper...

It does not end with a Bang...but with a Whimper :mrgreen:
DAMN

Postby insaneasperger » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:02 pm

Been a very confusing few months for me!

Currently puzzling me the most however is why the client wasn't told the court session was all day when everyone else knew so now I'm sat here like a muppet on my own waiting for a mcdreamy to break for lunch. All of this because the man wants to see his kids. It's fucking retarded!
I Think You Can Call Me Niles Now
insaneasperger

Postby DiceMan » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:35 pm

DiceMan

Postby DiceMan » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:31 pm

Weird line from Rebecca from Season 7 Episode 17 of Cheers

After locking lips for an easy 6-8 seconds, Sam asks something like "What category am I in? Yes? No?" He gets no answer so he storms out.

Rebecca (gasping): Definite maybe!

Sam(walking back in): I heard that! I'm a maybe!

Sam(calling to bar):She thinks I'm a maybe!

Rebecca (chasing after him): No no, I said you kiss like my uncle Abie!

DiceMan: No wonder you eat so much.

Really though, probably just a bad improv or something. Still, had to rewatch to make sure I heard right.
DiceMan

Postby Patrick » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:29 pm

I remember that episode very well and I am pretty sure that that's what she said. I don't think it's an improv. because that's the kind of crazy things that Rebbecca does also this time she adds "I said I think you gave me rabies"...
She was desperate to find something that sounded like "Definite maybe" and that's all she could come up with. I am sure that there are other times when she does that kind of thing, my memory needs a little triggering though.

There's another line that she says several times throughout her part of the series: "Is it been that long?" with a weeping voice. Each time someone, often Sam, reminds her how long it's been since (she had sex with a man, she was stuck as manager of Cheers etc...)
Rebbecca is depicted as an highly unstable bipolar personality with sometimes questionable hygiene (unlike Diane for example who was always impeccable, even drunk), immature, amoral, resentful... etc...
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby DiceMan » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:51 pm

Yeah I remember the lack of sex comment, something like 2 years waiting for Mister Drake
DiceMan

Postby Patrick » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:42 pm

DiceMan wrote:Yeah I remember the lack of sex comment, something like 2 years waiting for Mister Drake

About her questionable Hygiene, off the top of my head I can count at least five or six occasions (including the big finale) when she becomes slattern. That's the thing with her, each time she gets into a depressive state she starts neglecting her ablutions and she keeps the same clothes on several days in a row... That's really a Rebbecca thing that no other woman on the show ever does. I say no woman because Norm did it once when he pretended to be away in Bora-Bora and was in fact living instead in Sam's office.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby !Amz! » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:08 pm

The fact I was able to write over 17,000 words for my dissertation but I can't cough up 2500 for a piddly essay. Not feeling it.
!Amz!

Postby insaneasperger » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:35 pm

Confused over everyone I like seeming to abandon me at the moment. Also got confused in a shop today, forgot my pin number, my other card was rejected then spent 3 minutes looking for the change in my many many pockets.... Got a lot of people angry in the queue too I reckon!
Halfway up my stairs and I remember my pin number, shout bazinga and scare my Polish neighbour, who I hadn't noticed. Think he was confused too!
I Think You Can Call Me Niles Now
insaneasperger

Postby !Amz! » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:14 am

insaneasperger wrote:Confused over everyone I like seeming to abandon me at the moment.

:( I know the feeling IA. There's only so many times you feel you can make the effort with them!
!Amz!

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion