Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Which is your favorite or least favorite Holiday episode?

A forum for Frasier and Frasier-related games / polls / quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum.

Which is your favorite or least favorite Holiday episode?

Postby Frasiertime » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:33 am

Miracle on Third or Fourth Street (Christmas)
Frasier Grinch (Christmas)
A Lilith Thanksgiving (Thanksgiving)
Halloween (Halloween)
Perspectives on Christmas (Christmas)
Merry Christmas, Mrs. Moskowitz (Christmas)
Three Valentines (Valentine's Day)
The Apparent Trap (Thanksgiving)
Out with Dad (Valentine's Day)
Mary Christmas (Christmas)
Sliding Frasiers (Valentine's Day)
Room Full of Heroes (Halloween)
Tales from the Crypt (Halloween)
We Two Kings (Christmas)
High Holidays (Christmas)

I'd say Three Valentines is my favorite because DHP was so great in the pants on fire scene, even though we'll never know how they replaced the sofa so quickly! Sliding Frasiers is probably my least favorite.
One of the best things about watching Frasier is the rewind button!
Frasiertime

Re: Which is your favorite or least favorite Holiday episode

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:42 am

High Holidays (the uncut version) is my favorite.
Mary Christmas my least favorite.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Patrick » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:34 am

CatNamedRudy wrote:High Holidays (the uncut version) is my favorite.

What part has been cut?
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby Eddie2012 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:08 am

Patrick wrote:

What part has been cut?

I was about to ask the same?

My favourite would be Halloween, closely followed by Out with Dad and Perspectives on Christmas.

There are two episodes that are both favourites and least favourites in parts: Three Valentines (best Niles, least Martin & Daphne) and Merry Christmas, Mrs. Moskowitz (fantastic middle part, crap ending) :)

My least favourite episodes are Sliding Frasiers, Room Full of Heroes, We Two Kings and Mary Christmas.
Eddie2012

Postby Patrick » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:42 pm

Favorite: A Lilith Thanksgiving

Least favorite: It's a toss up between "Miracle on Third or Fourth Street" (I find it hard to believe that Frasier would even consider eating there considering how he behaved earlier in the series at Martin's restaurant) and Mary Christmas (boring!)
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:26 pm

Patrick wrote:

What part has been cut?

There's a lot of lines cut in the syndication version including the best line of the entire episode; "fridge pants".
CatNamedRudy

Postby Patrick » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:56 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:
Patrick wrote:

What part has been cut?

There's a lot of lines cut in the syndication version including the best line of the entire episode; "fridge pants".

What were they thinking? :wink:
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby Moon-Crane » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:49 pm

I think Frasier Grinch would be top, just pipping Halloween. I like most on that list, though.

Tales From The Crypt would be at the bottom, just below Mary Christmas.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby tgirl » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:09 am

Favourites are Halloween, Out with Dad, we two kings and high holidays.
Least favourite RDWRER.
FlEsH Is BuRnINg NaNanAnANanA
tgirl

Postby PistolPoet » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:23 pm

I actually quite liked Mary Christmas. I like all Christmas episodes, especially the ones with Martin's "light decorating touch", though I did think Miracle on Third or Fourth Street should have shown Frasier somehow repaying the men during the closing credits. And I hate RDWRER, it's gimmicky and looks forced to me.
"Whenever I'm wrong, the world makes a little less sense."
PistolPoet

Postby Patrick » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:11 pm

PistolPoet wrote:I actually quite liked Mary Christmas. I like all Christmas episodes, especially the ones with Martin's "light decorating touch", though I did think Miracle on Third or Fourth Street should have shown Frasier somehow repaying the men during the closing credits. And I hate RDWRER, it's gimmicky and looks forced to me.

I think RDWRER would have been better (or less bad :D ) If Daphne were part of the trip as she was the first time they traveled in a Winnebago "Travels With Martin".
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:06 pm

I love RDWRER. Niles cracks me up.
CatNamedRudy

Postby tgirl » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:24 am

Patrick wrote:
PistolPoet wrote:I actually quite liked Mary Christmas. I like all Christmas episodes, especially the ones with Martin's "light decorating touch", though I did think Miracle on Third or Fourth Street should have shown Frasier somehow repaying the men during the closing credits. And I hate RDWRER, it's gimmicky and looks forced to me.

I think RDWRER would have been better (or less bad :D ) If Daphne were part of the trip as she was the first time they traveled in a Winnebago "Travels With Martin".

I think that's probably why I have trouble connecting with it personally, they build up the Daphne and Niles storyline in the two previous episodes before that (Back Talk and The Fight Before Christmas- two of my favourite episodes) and then leave it in an awkward place with this episode in my opinion. I'd have been very interested in seeing how they would have had Daphne on the trip after the revelation she had previously that Niles is in love with her. I agree with Patrick, this episode needed Daphne to come along. Plus I love Travels with Martin (my favourite episode), re-living it in a somewhat different way would have been brilliant!
FlEsH Is BuRnINg NaNanAnANanA
tgirl

Postby Emil » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:36 am

Favourite: Perspectives on Christmas
Least favourite: Room full of heroes

and I actually love RDWRER as well - would be my second favourite
Emil

Postby PistolPoet » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:08 pm

I'd like to know why so many people seem to hate Room Full of Heroes . Apart from Daphne's terrible costume (but appropriate for Elton John, I suppose), I liked it. I love Roz in it, especially when she decides to explain why Wonder Woman is her hero. Frasier overreacts when they don't want to play his game, but he's a drama queen anyway. The cowboy kid he meets in the hall is adorable and a decent actor. Yes, you can say that Niles was out of character drinking all that beer and making a mess of things, but I still thought it was understandable.
PistolPoet

Postby Patrick » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:43 pm

PistolPoet wrote:I'd like to know why so many people seem to hate Room Full of Heroes . Apart from Daphne's terrible costume (but appropriate for Elton John, I suppose), I liked it. I love Roz in it, especially when she decides to explain why Wonder Woman is her hero. Frasier overreacts when they don't want to play his game, but he's a drama queen anyway. The cowboy kid he meets in the hall is adorable and a decent actor. Yes, you can say that Niles was out of character drinking all that beer and making a mess of things, but I still thought it was understandable.

Martin in that episode is being a hypocrite for getting so angry at Niles for saying what he's been saying since episode 1. A few examples: That time when Frasier asked him if he believed in second chances (about something else) and Martin answers "I used to and then we got your brother!" What proud father would ever say something so egregious about his sons. Or that other time when he reads in the paper that another Martin Crane had died and that his sons were (if memory serves) one a colonel and the other a baseball player and his comment was "I never thought I'd be jealous of a dead guy!" How dare he forbid his son to put these words into his mouth when they have been there all along?
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby CatNamedRudy » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:17 pm

I love Room Full of Heroes. Patrick is one of the few people I know that dislikes Martin in it. Most people (notably Mickeba) dislike Niles in it.
CatNamedRudy

Postby Patrick » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:45 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:I love Room Full of Heroes. Patrick is one of the few people I know that dislikes Martin in it. Most people (notably Mickeba) dislike Niles in it.

I am not a big fan of Martin in general. I think that Frasier and Niles for all they faults are much better persons than Martin. Take for example that time when Martin helps that politician that Frasier said was like Himmler without the whimsy. If that's not telling of the kind of person he is then I don't know what is.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby PistolPoet » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:28 pm

Patrick wrote:I am not a big fan of Martin in general. I think that Frasier and Niles for all they faults are much better persons than Martin. Take for example that time when Martin helps that politician that Frasier said was like Himmler without the whimsy. If that's not telling of the kind of person he is then I don't know what is.

Sure, but that was in season 2. I think actually Martin is the character who undergoes the most profound change during the show. Daphne's character change may be the most visible, but I know the sort of person that Martin is (my own dad is similar), and I know the amount of effort it takes for people like him to change. You see him go from a grumpy, unrefined, bitter man who can't express emotions to a guy who actually hugs his sons and kisses them, who has meaningful conversations with them, who's willing to compromise and learn from them, who says "objet d'art" in A Tsar is Born!
Which is why I find it sad that the writers sometimes revert to the Martin from the beginning of the show for comic effect. For example, once (don't remember which episode, but it was late in the show) Martin says only Hitler and Sybil should ever go to therapy, when we know his opinion about psychology had changed and that he'd used psychological arguments himself a few times when talking to Frasier.
PistolPoet

Postby Patrick » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:02 pm

PistolPoet wrote:
Patrick wrote:I am not a big fan of Martin in general. I think that Frasier and Niles for all they faults are much better persons than Martin. Take for example that time when Martin helps that politician that Frasier said was like Himmler without the whimsy. If that's not telling of the kind of person he is then I don't know what is.

Sure, but that was in season 2. I think actually Martin is the character who undergoes the most profound change during the show. Daphne's character change may be the most visible, but I know the sort of person that Martin is (my own dad is similar), and I know the amount of effort it takes for people like him to change. You see him go from a grumpy, unrefined, bitter man who can't express emotions to a guy who actually hugs his sons and kisses them, who has meaningful conversations with them, who's willing to compromise and learn from them, who says "objet d'art" in A Tsar is Born!

Not to mention "VENEER!". :lol:
Which is why I find it sad that the writers sometimes revert to the Martin from the beginning of the show for comic effect. For example, once (don't remember which episode, but it was late in the show) Martin says only Hitler and Sybil should ever go to therapy, when we know his opinion about psychology had changed and that he'd used psychological arguments himself a few times when talking to Frasier.

Yes it was "Kenny On The Couch", where he gets Kenny to buy a suede Jacket, which ends up with Kenny being mugged after a pretty girl lured him to a dark corner. :lol:

Sherry with her big mouth also blurts out that Martin told her that psychology was "just a lot of hooey".
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:38 pm

PistolPoet wrote:I'd like to know why so many people seem to hate Room Full of Heroes . Apart from Daphne's terrible costume (but appropriate for Elton John, I suppose), I liked it. I love Roz in it, especially when she decides to explain why Wonder Woman is her hero. Frasier overreacts when they don't want to play his game, but he's a drama queen anyway. The cowboy kid he meets in the hall is adorable and a decent actor. Yes, you can say that Niles was out of character drinking all that beer and making a mess of things, but I still thought it was understandable.

CatNamedRudy wrote:I love Room Full of Heroes. Patrick is one of the few people I know that dislikes Martin in it. Most people (notably Mickeba) dislike Niles in it.

Add me to the list of fans of that particular episode. I think it's quality.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Return to Frasier Games / Polls / Quizzes