Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

The Last Frasier Episode You Watched.

Discussion of all things 'Frasier' - the episodes, the actors and other 'Frasier'-related topics.

Re: The Last Frasier Episode You Watched.

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:18 pm

:lol:
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Stina » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:45 pm

Frasiertime wrote:Fathers and Sons S-10
Every time I watch this ep, I wonder if the writers intended for us to draw our own conclusions regarding Frasier and Niles's biological father. At the end when Martin asks Leland how much he loved Hester, it was pretty obvious to Leland what Martin was getting at and perhaps Leland only said he was gay to spare Martin's feelings.

It would explain something about Hester I never understood. Why didn't she try to get the boys to spend more quality time with Martin doing things Martin enjoyed? That never made sense to me given the fact it obviously bothered Martin a great deal. Perhaps because Leland was their father and Hester was content to let them be like their real father. Maybe Leland didn't know he was their father or even if he did, he and Hester didn't want to hurt Martin by bringing it out in the open.

I wondered why the writers chose to have Hester have an affair in the first place (although it was with someone other than Leland) and why didn't Hester try to protect the kids from some of the "bullying" about their actions and the way they dressed.

We know the writers sometimes had little "hidden meanings" in the scripts. Like the name "Hester", I had never heard of that name and I looked it up and found "Hester" was the name of the woman everyone condemned in the book "the Scarlet Letter".....just thinking...what if?

But I don't understand, do you mean that Leland is Frasier and Niles real, or biological father? I mean, he said that he was gay, so I presume that he just didn't like women? I think the reason why Martin tried and still try to influence his sons, is obvious, I mean the difference between them creates wonderful comedy, and as a parent, you want your children to enjoy the things that you enjoy. And yes, that is selfish but every parent probably does that. About hidden meanings and stuff like that, its so frustrating for us, who doesn't speak english as our first language! :cry:
Stina

Postby Patrick » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:30 pm

Stina wrote:
Frasiertime wrote:Fathers and Sons S-10
Every time I watch this ep, I wonder if the writers intended for us to draw our own conclusions regarding Frasier and Niles's biological father. At the end when Martin asks Leland how much he loved Hester, it was pretty obvious to Leland what Martin was getting at and perhaps Leland only said he was gay to spare Martin's feelings.

It would explain something about Hester I never understood. Why didn't she try to get the boys to spend more quality time with Martin doing things Martin enjoyed? That never made sense to me given the fact it obviously bothered Martin a great deal. Perhaps because Leland was their father and Hester was content to let them be like their real father. Maybe Leland didn't know he was their father or even if he did, he and Hester didn't want to hurt Martin by bringing it out in the open.

I wondered why the writers chose to have Hester have an affair in the first place (although it was with someone other than Leland) and why didn't Hester try to protect the kids from some of the "bullying" about their actions and the way they dressed.

We know the writers sometimes had little "hidden meanings" in the scripts. Like the name "Hester", I had never heard of that name and I looked it up and found "Hester" was the name of the woman everyone condemned in the book "the Scarlet Letter".....just thinking...what if?

But I don't understand, do you mean that Leland is Frasier and Niles real, or biological father? I mean, he said that he was gay, so I presume that he just didn't like women? I think the reason why Martin tried and still try to influence his sons, is obvious, I mean the difference between them creates wonderful comedy, and as a parent, you want your children to enjoy the things that you enjoy. And yes, that is selfish but every parent probably does that. About hidden meanings and stuff like that, its so frustrating for us, who doesn't speak english as our first language! :cry:

I believe you're over-thinking this, and coming from me that says something :lol: , Leland is an isolated phenomenon unlike Hester's confirmed infidelity he was never alluded to before or after this episode. There could be some inside joke about it but it's highly doubtful as word eventually gets around about these. IOW, Leland was telling the truth about his being gay (and not bi) therefore not the father of either Frasier or Niles, if he wasn't according to the standards of this kind of show, there would have been a hint of some sort (like when Niles was holding the dragon that Daphne saw in her vision).
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby Hakunila » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:33 pm

Can't get enough of HAM Radio. Watching it now.
Hakunila

Postby Patrick » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:03 pm

Hakunila wrote:Can't get enough of HAM Radio. Watching it now.

"Sound of people changing Wangs to Wings" :D

also : "You also told me that my gamekeeper sounded too cultured, that my Irishman sounded more Protestant than Catholic, and that my dwarf was too tall!" :lol:
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby woggle » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:22 pm

Patrick wrote:
Hakunila wrote:Can't get enough of HAM Radio. Watching it now.

"Sound of people changing Wangs to Wings" :D

also : "You also told me that my gamekeeper sounded too cultured, that my Irishman sounded more Protestant than Catholic, and that my dwarf was too tall!" :lol:

" look out he's got a nug " hehe love HAM radio!! might have to go watch it later.
woggle

Postby Patrick » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:28 pm

I''ve just watched A New Position For Roz and frankly her final outburst and ultimatum to Frasier makes even less sense to me than the first time I saw it. This is not a very funny episode and the emotions don't ring very true. All in all, it is a mediocre episode with very little appeal.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby PistolPoet » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:31 pm

Patrick wrote:I''ve just watched A New Position For Roz and frankly her final outburst and ultimatum to Frasier makes even less sense to me than the first time I saw it. This is not a very funny episode and the emotions don't ring very true. All in all, it is a mediocre episode with very little appeal.

I've seen lots of people say they hate this episode and I guess it depends on whether you can believe any irrational behaviour on the show and not entirely obvious psychological explanations thereof. When I first saw the episode, it seemed very strange to me. But when Roz explained why she behaved the way she did, it did make sense and I could put myself in her shoes. Yes, it was an overreaction, but I sometimes find myself projecting my dislike of one person to someone else, just because they look alike or have the same mannerisms. So it's not implausible that Roz would hate Julia with an irrational passion.
Also, I don't buy the argument (also used for Frasier's Edge) that "it's not funny". Yes, Frasier is a sitcom, but every sitcom has serious moments and, just because an episode is serious, doesn't mean it's bad.
"Whenever I'm wrong, the world makes a little less sense."
PistolPoet

Postby CatNamedRudy » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:32 pm

Patrick wrote:I''ve just watched A New Position For Roz and frankly her final outburst and ultimatum to Frasier makes even less sense to me than the first time I saw it. This is not a very funny episode and the emotions don't ring very true. All in all, it is a HORRIBLE episode with NO appeal.

Fixed that for you! :D
CatNamedRudy

Postby woggle » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:18 pm

Shutout in seattle 5/5!!!

So much to love here , not a dip in pacing & all the little plot lines are funny ...Bonnie's dog Lady humping Eddie in his park made me extra titter this time :D
woggle

Postby Patrick » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:15 pm

woggle wrote:Shutout in seattle 5/5!!!

So much to love here , not a dip in pacing & all the little plot lines are funny ...Bonnie's dog Lady humping Eddie in his park made me extra titter this time :D

I like the goldfinger song. I used to listen to it as a child and it is kind of my personal madeleine of Proust if you know what I mean, it evokes happy times.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby woggle » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:30 pm

Morning becomes entertainment 4/5

So this always made me wonder how tthey filmed it ..when Frasier / Bebe are doing there tv show and it shows the crowd clapping and watching them are the Frasier watching crowd watching them as well ? how do they film that ..anyone know .
woggle

Postby Patrick » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:11 pm

Chances are the crowd scene has been filmed separately and they were seeing a recording of the show, with cues given by off screen people, telling them when to laugh, to applause etc... They do that all the time in movies. They film everything separately and out of sequence and then the technical people montage them together.

It's the same thing when Niles and Daphne are talking at one end of the apartment and Frasier and Martin (for example) at the other end. To us it seems to happen at the same time but it's not very practical to divide the filming crew this way so it seems likely that these two scenes are filmed separately and then adroitly sliced up and mixed together by the technicians.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby woggle » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:52 pm

Patrick wrote:Chances are the crowd scene has been filmed separately and they were seeing a recording of the show, with cues given by off screen people, telling them when to laugh, to applause etc... They do that all the time in movies. They film everything separately and out of sequence and then the technical people montage them together.
It's the same thing when Niles and Daphne are talking at one end of the apartment and Frasier and Martin (for example) at the other end. To us it seems to happen at the same time but it's not very practical to divide the filming crew this way so it seems likely that these two scenes are filmed separately and then adroitly sliced up and mixed together by the technicians.

Ah i see , cleverly done cheers for clearing that up ! :D
woggle

Postby Hakunila » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:37 am

So it is my insomnia-season again and I just watched Ski Lodge-episode. And then it struck me. It's morning in here and I have absolutely nothing to do today so why not. I'll start watching every Frasier-episode again (skipping the bad ones).

"The Good Son" - press play
Hakunila

Postby Patrick » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:56 pm

Hakunila wrote:So it is my insomnia-season again and I just watched Ski Lodge-episode. And then it struck me. It's morning in here and I have absolutely nothing to do today so why not. I'll start watching every Frasier-episode again (skipping the bad ones).

Not that it is any of my business but you may miss out on something if you skip the bad episodes, sometimes people change their mind after several viewings, except maybe for the really bad ones of course. :wink:
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby Moon-Crane » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:37 pm

Patrick wrote:
Hakunila wrote:So it is my insomnia-season again and I just watched Ski Lodge-episode. And then it struck me. It's morning in here and I have absolutely nothing to do today so why not. I'll start watching every Frasier-episode again (skipping the bad ones).

Not that it is any of my business but you may miss out on something if you skip the bad episodes, sometimes people change their mind after several viewings, except maybe for the really bad ones of course. :wink:

Yeah, i try and give all episodes another chance when possible. I always pick up on something good somewhere in there. A number of episodes have grown on me over time.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby CatNamedRudy » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:45 pm

If I'm doing a "true" rewatch of the entire series, I even watch the episodes I hate!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Hakunila » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:37 pm

Breaking the Ice - What an brilliant episode!
Hakunila

Postby kmm3 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:39 pm

I just watched Enemy at the Gate again. Frasier doesn't want to pay the $2 for time not used in a parking garage. I just love Niles' and Frasier's interactions in such a small space. It's all dialogue and facial expressions. Classic. I love when Niles starts off with "What are we doing, Frasier?" in such a worried tone. And of course "Trust me, no one is more birdly than Niles."
kmm3

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:37 am

When a Man Loves Two Women-8/10

Love the stuff with Niles and squash game.
CatNamedRudy

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:57 pm

Visions of Daphne 9/10

For me, Niles' reaction to the proposal and the "cherry bark and almonds" moment in To Tell the Truth are the two most gut wrenching Niles moments in the entire series.
CatNamedRudy

Postby Frasiertime » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:41 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:Visions of Daphne 9/10

For me, Niles' reaction to the proposal and the "cherry bark and almonds" moment in To Tell the Truth are the two most gut wrenching Niles moments in the entire series.

I completely agree, that line gets me every time, like watching it for the first time.
One of the best things about watching Frasier is the rewind button!
Frasiertime

Postby Tranquilox » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:33 am

I hate Frasier Crane
Tranquilox

Postby Hakunila » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:06 pm

Frasier Crane's Day Off

Found this great site where they stream Frasier (and several other classic tv-shows) 24/7. Laptop, HDMI-cable & TV. Sounds like paradise to me
Hakunila

PreviousNext

Return to Frasier Discussion