Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Things that p*** me off

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Re: Things that p*** me off

Postby woggle » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:51 pm

Haha yea i never used to like the taste of the choccy in them things anyway .

Another thing that bugged me this arvo was when u go to pay you get ' if you buy this book you get this one for free ' or'do you kno so and so is buy 1 get 1 free ' yada yada for goodness sake just ring the actuall item thru i want so i can go!

There thats a days worth of ranting over ..lol
woggle

Postby insaneasperger » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:07 pm

I hate being ill. Led in bed thinking of stuff I need to do, trying to do it and collapsing in a coughing sneezing heap. Also getting pissed off with my feelings. Wish they would go. Then maybe I could enjoy myself instead of wondering what they are up to.
I Think You Can Call Me Niles Now
insaneasperger

Postby Dorset Girl » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:51 pm

:( Best wishes for a speedy recovery, IA.
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby woggle » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:33 am

Hope you feel better soon IA you don't sound to goood need some frest to get over that cold!! says Dr Woggle!
woggle

Postby Forever Jung » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:59 pm

:twisted: Hope you feel better soon IA.
The Cranes of Maine have got my Living Brain
Forever Jung

Postby Dorset Girl » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:26 pm

One of my students has kicked off this week, and is threatening to sue me for discrimination. A few months ago, I reckon I'd have been really upset by his messages, but I don't feel like that about them at all - just slightly pissed off that he's taking up my valuable time. He doesn't have a leg to stand on, I'm 100% confident that I've done my job properly.

Not sure why my attitude to things like that has changed recently. Maybe it's the Citalopram (although I'm only on 10mg a day now). Or maybe, along with all the changes in my life, my emotional reactions to events have changed too. :)
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby Moon-Crane » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:34 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:One of my students has kicked off this week, and is threatening to sue me for discrimination. A few months ago, I reckon I'd have been really upset by his messages, but I don't feel like that about them at all - just slightly pissed off that he's taking up my valuable time. He doesn't have a leg to stand on, I'm 100% confident that I've done my job properly.

Not sure why my attitude to things like that has changed recently. Maybe it's the Citalopram (although I'm only on 10mg a day now). Or maybe, along with all the changes in my life, my emotional reactions to events have changed too. :)

One of the downsides of that job, i suppose. Pleased to hear you feel comfortable with coping with it. It can't be nice to have to put up with such things.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby woggle » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:54 pm

Peeps at work in the eve that insist on having so many nick nacs on the desk inc little lego figutres which to 1 tonight i flung it across the room when flicking with a feather duster..lol
woggle

Postby insaneasperger » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:33 pm

Flying lego sounds like fun woggle!

Things that piss me off today, cute baby deciding to see if she can hang off my hair (ouch!)
Bailiffs. meh like we need more!
my lack of motivation is also pissing me off right now!
insaneasperger

Postby Dorset Girl » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:11 pm

Serious question - as soon my boyfriend gets in the car, my driving falls apart and I do stupid things, like pull out in front of people. What could be the reason for me feeling so stressed when he's there? I'm pretty much okay with driving now, but not when he's there... weird!
Dorset Girl

Postby jrsightes » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:28 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:Serious question - as soon my boyfriend gets in the car, my driving falls apart and I do stupid things, like pull out in front of people. What could be the reason for me feeling so stressed when he's there? I'm pretty much okay with driving now, but not when he's there... weird!

Does he make you nervous in general, or is it just your driving that's affected?
jrsightes

Postby Dorset Girl » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:36 pm

Good question - if I'm honest, perhaps I care too much about what he thinks. For example, I worry that I should lose weight for him, even though he's never asked me to do that, or hinted that he'd want me to. :scratch: Not sure how to stop feeling like that!
Dorset Girl

Postby !Amz! » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:26 pm

I feel that like sometimes when BF's in the car, my driving totally goes to shit. My reason however is mainly because BF's mum taught me to drive for a while so I worry he'll tell her about my crappy driving.

I think you're right, it sounds like you care a bit too much about what he thinks. I think we're all like that to start out with. Hopefully it'll pass with time :)
!Amz!

Postby !Amz! » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:31 pm

It's pissing me off that everything's changing. I've never liked change as long as I can remember, and I know there's nothing I can do about it. The fact its happening with everyone back home makes me feel left out of everything. I sort of feel by the time we move back home I will have lost some good friends because of everything that's happening in their lives right now. Probably not the case, but still can't stop myself worrying about it :roll:
!Amz!

Postby Stu » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:32 pm

Email spammers!

Currently dealing with my email address which has been spoofed and used as the sending address in an email spam bomb - so far I have had over 30,000 'Mail can't be delivered to this address' emails back, and that's since last night.

Hoping it doesn't go on for too much longer
Frasier Online Webmaster

Frasier: I suppose the situation you're in is that you'd like to stay with Maris but you'd like an affair with Daphne
Niles: Yes. Can I do that?
Frasier: No, you can't!
Stu
Site Admin

Postby Moon-Crane » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:38 pm

Ugh, what a pain.

Don't suppose you can set a rule so that incoming mail containing common elements of the undeliverable mail messages get diverted into some junk/filter folder?

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Stu » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:09 pm

Yes that's what I've done now to deal with them and I can just let Outlook deal with it, and I can do a mass delete once it all comes to a stop
Frasier Online Webmaster

Frasier: I suppose the situation you're in is that you'd like to stay with Maris but you'd like an affair with Daphne
Stu
Site Admin

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:38 pm

Stu wrote:Yes that's what I've done now to deal with them and I can just let Outlook deal with it, and I can do a mass delete once it all comes to a stop

A week on now. Hope it's calmed down!

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Stu » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:52 am

Yes it did, after about a day. Unfortunately it looks like it's about to start again with 13k messages I've had overnight!
Frasier Online Webmaster

Stu
Site Admin

Postby Moon-Crane » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:13 pm

Won't really mean much to people here, but i just needed somewhere to voice my disappointed at seeing Danny Baker canned by BBC London this week. The current Sony Award winning radio presenter, who is being inducted into the broadcasting hall of fame next week, and they decide it's a good move to kill his unique and popular weekday talk show. Likely to be replaced by some bland musings over the local news headlines of the day - just like every other show on the channel.

Amusing, though, that the decision makers thought they could sack him but keep him on air until they were ready to make their changes (at christmas) without him mentioning anything about it. Obviously these people haven't a clue. He tore them to shreds on-air for the full two hours of his final show yesterday. :lol:

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Forever Jung » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:38 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:Amusing, though, that the decision makers thought they could sack him but keep him on air until they were ready to make their changes (at christmas) without him mentioning anything about it. Obviously these people haven't a clue. He tore them to shreds on-air for the full two hours of his final show yesterday. :lol:

:twisted: :lol:
The Cranes of Maine have got my Living Brain
Forever Jung

Postby insaneasperger » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:31 pm

Vodafone and Samsumg are pissing me off, so I am on a mission to complain to them.

Lack of time is also pissing me off I seem to be insanely busy but getting sod all done its weird!
insaneasperger

Postby Hans the German Butler » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:28 am

Moon-Crane wrote:Won't really mean much to people here, but i just needed somewhere to voice my disappointed at seeing Danny Baker canned by BBC London this week. The current Sony Award winning radio presenter, who is being inducted into the broadcasting hall of fame next week, and they decide it's a good move to kill his unique and popular weekday talk show. Likely to be replaced by some bland musings over the local news headlines of the day - just like every other show on the channel.

Amusing, though, that the decision makers thought they could sack him but keep him on air until they were ready to make their changes (at christmas) without him mentioning anything about it. Obviously these people haven't a clue. He tore them to shreds on-air for the full two hours of his final show yesterday. :lol:

I read about that in the Telegraph. They were quite down on him, accusing him of self-indulgence and essentially stating that it happens to everyone in that business so he should just get on with it.

I actually thought, 'good on DB'! If they can discontinue a popular show without a clear view of how they plan to fill the slot, particularly considering their replacing a living radio legend, they deserve to fail.
ROZ: It's not like she worships the Devil
FRASIER: She doesn't need to, he worships her!
Hans the German Butler

Postby Moon-Crane » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:57 am

Hans the German Butler wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:Won't really mean much to people here, but i just needed somewhere to voice my disappointed at seeing Danny Baker canned by BBC London this week. The current Sony Award winning radio presenter, who is being inducted into the broadcasting hall of fame next week, and they decide it's a good move to kill his unique and popular weekday talk show. Likely to be replaced by some bland musings over the local news headlines of the day - just like every other show on the channel.

I read about that in the Telegraph. They were quite down on him, accusing him of self-indulgence and essentially stating that it happens to everyone in that business so he should just get on with it.

I actually thought, 'good on DB'! If they can discontinue a popular show without a clear view of how they plan to fill the slot, particularly considering their replacing a living radio legend, they deserve to fail.

I fully agree that it's the nature of the beast to see a regular turn over of radio presenters on stations if it's say Radio1 or commercial stations with a young target demographic, but BBC London!? :lol: His was their top show on the channel and the shows occupied the top five listen again slots for that channel on iPlayer. Considering he could walk into a more highly paid gig anywhere else, but simply loved doing his Treehouse show on there, it seemed bizarre to boot him at the top of his game and popularity on an otherwise floundering channel.

He's on the Jonathan Ross Show this friday (presumably to promote his book) so should be interesting. He's already told the BBC execs to brace themselves for his speech when he gets inducted into the radio hall of fame this week :lol:

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Hans the German Butler » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:22 am

Moon-Crane wrote:I fully agree that it's the nature of the beast to see a regular turn over of radio presenters on stations if it's say Radio1 or commercial stations with a young target demographic, but BBC London!? :lol: His was their top show on the channel and the shows occupied the top five listen again slots for that channel on iPlayer. Considering he could walk into a more highly paid gig anywhere else, but simply loved doing his Treehouse show on there, it seemed bizarre to boot him at the top of his game and popularity on an otherwise floundering channel.

He's on the Jonathan Ross Show this friday (presumably to promote his book) so should be interesting. He's already told the BBC execs to brace themselves for his speech when he gets inducted into the radio hall of fame this week :lol:

I might just have a listen to that speech. I wonder whether everything going on at the BBC with Savile is addling the minds of the executives to such an extent that they cannot see the wood for the trees.
ROZ: It's not like she worships the Devil
FRASIER: She doesn't need to, he worships her!
Hans the German Butler

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion