Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

WARNING: Facebook users

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

WARNING: Facebook users

Postby Forever Jung » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:46 pm

:twisted: I've posted this on Facebook, but I thought i'd post here to get the word out a little faster..............

WARNING! For some reason some private messages are being posted on the posters timeline (another reason it's a pain in the arse) for everyone to see.
I've recently heard of this happening to other people, and today i've noticed my PM catch up convo with one of my friends has been shared without my knowledge or consent.
Do not send any private message through Facebook that you would not be willing to to have posted publicly.

Apparently even deleted messages can be retrieved and posted publicly, so if there is anything that you don't want posted publicly, best to delete the account and open a new one.

Joanne was talking to one of her friends about their health problems, and i've had to delete Jo's account because of the sensitive nature of their conversation.
The Cranes of Maine have got my Living Brain
Forever Jung

Re: WARNING: Facebook users

Postby Wezzo » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:22 am

Wezzo

Postby Forever Jung » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:54 pm

:twisted: That's strange :?
Because the above was written by me.

The convo in question was between myself, and Jade, who I worked with when I was a bingo caller back in 05.

She sent me a friends request, we had a little catch up chat via PM, and when I looked on my wall I could see our convo posted there.

Wether only the owner of the profile can see those messages on the wall (I can't imagine why it would be set up to do that :? ), I don't know, but they are deffinatly there.
Forever Jung

Postby Wezzo » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:18 pm

Are you sure it was definitely via PM? Back that long ago, the main communication was writing on people's walls, and the site was a whole lot smaller back then. Everyone did the wall-to-wall thing.

I just say it because all the "news" stories about it happening have been debunked, and so far, no-one has had any real evidence that actual *private* messages have been posted.
Wezzo

Postby Forever Jung » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:22 pm

:twisted: I'm 99.99999% sure it was PM.
I remember thinking "oh look, i've got a private message", but there's always room for error.
Forever Jung

Postby barnaclelapse » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:57 am

Big Brother is watching.
barnaclelapse

Return to Off Topic Discussion