Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

2012 Olympics

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Re: 2012 Olympics

Postby Hans the German Butler » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:26 am

CatNamedRudy wrote:Could have done without the Spice Girls but Eric Idle was awesome!

Probably the best part of the show for me. I'm sure the whole thing looked fabulous if you wre in the arena, I didn't think it transferred well to TV at all; unlike the opening ceremony, which I thought was a masterstroke.
ROZ: It's not like she worships the Devil
FRASIER: She doesn't need to, he worships her!
Hans the German Butler

Postby woggle » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:44 am

CatNamedRudy wrote:Well done London! Was a fun 2 weeks and your athletes did the UK proud.
Sure wish Chicago hadn't lost out to Rio for 2016. I would have been fun to have the Olympics 80 miles from my house.

:) I loved every min of it . I might of prefered it to go to you to not sure i can get on board with all this samba lark were gonna get from Rio but got 4 years to worry bout that ..lol

Thought the ceremony was just one big long party which was fab , loved the crowd singing along with freddie murcury + Imagine with john lennon . The eric idle skit was so totally bonkers and totally us ..lol and i was singing along at the top of my voice :D
woggle

Postby woggle » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:42 am

CatNamedRudy wrote:Could have done without the Spice Girls but Eric Idle was awesome!

Ere Cat what did you make of the yellow robin reliant with batman and robin i was wondering how many people [ other then us brits ] would get it ..lol
woggle

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:37 pm

Loved the closing ceremony. In my eyes the correct decision to mine our internationally reknowned pop culture for a giant concert. Loved the creation of Lennon's face during Imagine.

Strange that it's finally all over.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby CatNamedRudy » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:33 pm

woggle wrote:

Ere Cat what did you make of the yellow robin reliant with batman and robin i was wondering how many people [ other then us brits ] would get it ..lol

Didn't understand it at all.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby woggle » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:47 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:
woggle wrote:

lol i did think that was going to be lost in translation its a copy of a scene from the tv show only fools and horses with del boy and rodney .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-CbZNb4AIM
woggle

Postby Dorset Girl » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:40 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:
woggle wrote:

Haha, didn't see it, but you can't get much more British than that!
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Previous

Return to Off Topic Discussion