Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Things that p*** me off

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Re: Things that p*** me off

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:44 am

Moon-Crane wrote:
insaneasperger wrote:finding out we are probably going to get evicted and the neighbours hurling abuse because of my cousins dogs, me taking out a loan to secure them a house and they oversleeping missed out on it but still keeping the fucking money, my mum getting snappy, my mate ranting on about how much he loves a girl that aint me. and pretty ,uch everything right now. how Ive not actually self harmed Ive no idea, pisses me off that my cousin has though.

They're keeping your money? wtf?

I agree, I'd threaten them with the police if I were you. You'll still be liable for paying the loan back.
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby insaneasperger » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:12 pm

They have agreed to pay the money back, but I'm currently ignoring them, as discovered my room is now mouldy where they don't bother to clean. So fuming I wish I had the money to move out I'm so stressed right now. Everything pisses me off!!!!
I Think You Can Call Me Niles Now
insaneasperger

Postby Moon-Crane » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:43 pm

Cars piss me off at the point they need their service and MOT. £800 down the drain.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby !Amz! » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:14 am

The fact I always get ill when we're home and that we had made plans for this weekend. Nothing worse than trying to enjoy a night out with a sore throat and a blocked nose!

I blame work colleauges coming in when they're still unwell, last week several people were there with bugs and what not and really shouldn't have been. I understand it's not always possible to take a day off as you can't always afford to, but jeez, think of others and keep your germs to yourself. I used hand sanitiser religiously all last week and washed my hands constantly, but me being healthy for this weekend was not meant to be.
!Amz!

Postby woggle » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:04 pm

Not getting paid right at wok - miss 4hrs for a day off at the hospital but did 3 hours cover so should only be missing an hour ffs how hard is that to get right?!!! gonna read the riot act when i get to work later :evil:
woggle

Postby Hans the German Butler » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:06 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:Cars piss me off at the point they need their service and MOT. £800 down the drain.

It feels like you've been financially raped when cars let you down. I had a patch about two years ago, I had an X-type Jaguar at the time, where I had to pay for the full service (£500), swiftly followed by failure to the dual-mass fly wheel (£1200), servo unit and brake master cylinder (£450) and then the air-conditioning unit (£150). Needless to say, after getting the work done I decided to sell it on so the car couldn't screw me again.
ROZ: It's not like she worships the Devil
FRASIER: She doesn't need to, he worships her!
Hans the German Butler

Postby Moon-Crane » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:40 pm

Hans the German Butler wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:Cars piss me off at the point they need their service and MOT. £800 down the drain.

It feels like you've been financially raped when cars let you down. I had a patch about two years ago, I had an X-type Jaguar at the time, where I had to pay for the full service (£500), swiftly followed by failure to the dual-mass fly wheel (£1200), servo unit and brake master cylinder (£450) and then the air-conditioning unit (£150). Needless to say, after getting the work done I decided to sell it on so the car couldn't screw me again.

Ouch. If it had been in those realms i'd have driven it into the nearest lake. :lol:

Still, this car is my old 2001 Honda Accord and only does maybe 4,000 miles in a year these days - so i do slightly begrudge it needing that much worth of fixin' up - but i guess that's what you end up with as age creeps upon. Fair enough it needed a replacement exhaust for wear in an area where one section couldn't simply be replaced (and it's the first such replacement it's needed), and it needed a couple of new front tyres which i never skimp on, but it's the fluids and trackings and other miscellaneous re-adjustments to things that soon add up to a tidy little bundle on their own.

It pisses me off, but i still like it really :D

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby !Amz! » Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:11 pm

As much as I'm enjoying being at home, having to look after a dog is getting annoying. Constant whining and getting in the way. I've never been a dog person, and I've been trying hard to adapt, but just once it'd be nice to come downstairs in the morning and not be jumped on!
!Amz!

Postby Hans the German Butler » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:31 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:Ouch. If it had been in those realms i'd have driven it into the nearest lake. :lol:

Still, this car is my old 2001 Honda Accord and only does maybe 4,000 miles in a year these days - so i do slightly begrudge it needing that much worth of fixin' up - but i guess that's what you end up with as age creeps upon. Fair enough it needed a replacement exhaust for wear in an area where one section couldn't simply be replaced (and it's the first such replacement it's needed), and it needed a couple of new front tyres which i never skimp on, but it's the fluids and trackings and other miscellaneous re-adjustments to things that soon add up to a tidy little bundle on their own.

It pisses me off, but i still like it really :D

It is great when you find a car that you just love and feel totally comfortable with. I don't suppose it's too bad when you're only replacing wearing items, particularly when, as with the exhaust it has only needed one replacement. Hopefully you'll get away with any further large outlays for a couple of years.
Hans the German Butler

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:43 pm

Yeah, i'll probably keep hold of it for a bit longer yet. We're looking to change our other car at the moment, and that's the main runabout.

What did you end up getting in place of the X-Type?

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby barnaclelapse » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:22 am

I'm looking to maybe move in two or three months, so I'm really freaking out about money. I don't know if it's pissing me off, but I'd like to have four or five hundred bucks put away by then, and it's not looking good, and that's definitely stressing me out. Pretty close to pissing me off, I suppose you could say.
barnaclelapse

Postby Dorset Girl » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:38 am

barnaclelapse wrote:I'm looking to maybe move in two or three months, so I'm really freaking out about money. I don't know if it's pissing me off, but I'd like to have four or five hundred bucks put away by then, and it's not looking good, and that's definitely stressing me out. Pretty close to pissing me off, I suppose you could say.

I feel your pain! Nothing stresses me out quite like being short of money. Hope you get it sorted, Barney.
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby Hans the German Butler » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:10 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:Yeah, i'll probably keep hold of it for a bit longer yet. We're looking to change our other car at the moment, and that's the main runabout.

I actually got a Hyundai diesel. 1.5l, 3 cylinder. It does 65mpg and whilst it's not as comfortable as the Jaguar it's been fantastic and costs me just over half as much to run. I had the bigger car when I was driving 130 miles each day for work, but didn't need it when I changed jobs. Now I'm doing 6 miles a day so I only need a runaround.
Hans the German Butler

Postby Lil » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:38 am

!Amz! wrote:The fact I always get ill when we're home and that we had made plans for this weekend. Nothing worse than trying to enjoy a night out with a sore throat and a blocked nose!

I blame work colleauges coming in when they're still unwell, last week several people were there with bugs and what not and really shouldn't have been. I understand it's not always possible to take a day off as you can't always afford to, but jeez, think of others and keep your germs to yourself. I used hand sanitiser religiously all last week and washed my hands constantly, but me being healthy for this weekend was not meant to be.

Ugh that sucks! I hate when that happens. Hope you are feeling better!
Lil

Postby !Amz! » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:42 pm

Lil wrote:
!Amz! wrote:The fact I always get ill when we're home and that we had made plans for this weekend. Nothing worse than trying to enjoy a night out with a sore throat and a blocked nose!

Ugh that sucks! I hate when that happens. Hope you are feeling better!

Thanks Lil! Feeling better today, just the sniffles now and a bit of a cough, although in a day or two I'm going to have to deal with BF who's starting to get it :wink:
!Amz!

Postby barnaclelapse » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:14 am

At least he's got you to tell him to suck it up?

Heh.
barnaclelapse

Postby !Amz! » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:39 am

barnaclelapse wrote:At least he's got you to tell him to suck it up?

Heh.

True, true. :wink:

I am sympathetic most of the time - he just refuses to do stuff that would help him, like taking painkillers, which gets annoying. :lol:
!Amz!

Postby woggle » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:52 pm

Sodding walk acrss the park has set off my hayfever to which i haden't had this year before today ...grrr all i want is for the council to pick up the grass once they've cut it instead of leaving it everywhere ...is that to much to ask!
woggle

Postby Moon-Crane » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:40 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:Yeah, i'll probably keep hold of it for a bit longer yet. We're looking to change our other car at the moment, and that's the main runabout.

I actually got a Hyundai diesel. 1.5l, 3 cylinder. It does 65mpg and whilst it's not as comfortable as the Jaguar it's been fantastic and costs me just over half as much to run. I had the bigger car when I was driving 130 miles each day for work, but didn't need it when I changed jobs. Now I'm doing 6 miles a day so I only need a runaround.

Good stuff. We put their i40 on a short list of estate/tourers we've considered while looking for another car. We've just ended up getting a Volvo V70 so i feel decidedly poorer now. Not even brand new but still enough to make the wallet cry.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby insaneasperger » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:29 am

Pissed off that they couldn't afford to pay me back but can smoke £50 of weed n spend £40 on takeaways in the two days since I returned.... Also pissed that Mcdreamy rings me at 5 to 7 in the morning, doesn't say anything when I answer and ignore my texts. Very weird!
I Think You Can Call Me Niles Now
insaneasperger

Postby Moon-Crane » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:26 am

barnaclelapse wrote:I'm looking to maybe move in two or three months, so I'm really freaking out about money. I don't know if it's pissing me off, but I'd like to have four or five hundred bucks put away by then, and it's not looking good, and that's definitely stressing me out. Pretty close to pissing me off, I suppose you could say.

Good luck with the move :)

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Lil » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:16 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:

Good luck with the move :)

Yes, good luck!
Lil

Postby Lil » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:17 pm

GUM SNAPPERS!!!!

Just shut yo mouth already!
Lil

Postby CatNamedRudy » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:48 pm

Lil wrote:GUM SNAPPERS!!!!

Just shut yo mouth already!

:lol: TRUE DAT!
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Hans the German Butler » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:08 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:

Good stuff. We put their i40 on a short list of estate/tourers we've considered while looking for another car. We've just ended up getting a Volvo V70 so i feel decidedly poorer now. Not even brand new but still enough to make the wallet cry.

I'm envious! I had a Volvo V70 R 2.4D as a courtesy car for three weeks after someone ran into the back of me about two and a half years ago. It was a gorgeous car to drive but it was a bit thirsty compared to the Jaguar which had a combined MPG of 50. If I needed to do the miles I was doing in the past, I would definitely consider getting a V70.
Hans the German Butler

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion