Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

The Rant Thread!!

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Re: The Rant Thread!!

Postby Dorset Girl » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:23 pm

!Amz! wrote:BF keeps leaving the front door open. ARGH.

While small and trivial, I don't feel safe in this flat with the door shut and locked, let alone when it's fricking open. Don't understand why he's suddenly got into that habit.

Maybe he wants a quick exit route in the event of an argument? ;)

:lol: Kidding, don't get mad at me?! :shock:
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby !Amz! » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:46 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:
!Amz! wrote:BF keeps leaving the front door open. ARGH.

While small and trivial, I don't feel safe in this flat with the door shut and locked, let alone when it's fricking open. Don't understand why he's suddenly got into that habit.

Maybe he wants a quick exit route in the event of an argument? ;)

:lol: Kidding, don't get mad at me?! :shock:

:lol:
The way I am at the moment I wouldn't blame him! Not in the best mood and haven't been for a few days now :(
!Amz!

Postby Moon-Crane » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:43 pm

I blame soap operas. Every bugger in ones i happen to see walks into a house and leaves the door wide open.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:17 am

I'm sick of all the media coverage of the bloody Queen's jubliee - as if everybody is all supportive of her luxurious life of privilege at the tax payers expense. Fuck it. I hope we see the end of such nonsense within my lifetime. What a load of bullshit and waste of money.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby CatNamedRudy » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:36 am

Moon-Crane wrote:I'm sick of all the media coverage of the bloody Queen's jubliee - as if everybody is all supportive of her luxurious life of privilege at the tax payers expense. Fuck it. I hope we see the end of such nonsense within my lifetime. What a load of bullshit and waste of money.

I'll take your Queen's Jubilee over our 24/7 Election crap any day! The political season seems to be never ending!
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:41 am

CatNamedRudy wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:I'm sick of all the media coverage of the bloody Queen's jubliee - as if everybody is all supportive of her luxurious life of privilege at the tax payers expense. Fuck it. I hope we see the end of such nonsense within my lifetime. What a load of bullshit and waste of money.

I'll take your Queen's Jubilee over our 24/7 Election crap any day! The political season seems to be never ending!

:D

At least your politicians are wasting their own (or at least their donors) money on their nonsense.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby !Amz! » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:21 pm

Couldn't agree more!
!Amz!

Postby barnaclelapse » Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:59 pm

I could care less, but I know an awful lot of people who do. It seems kind of pointless to me. It did when I lived in British Columbia, too.
barnaclelapse

Postby kat » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:08 pm

am happy as we are , and well I don't think the tourists would be as obesessed with crap with the image of David Cameron, not a royalist but prefer it to currrent alternative
If life gives you lemons, make lemon curd
kat

Postby barnaclelapse » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:41 am

My mom actually watched the whole Jubilee thing they had on TV. She's always been pretty big on the royals.
barnaclelapse

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:09 am

I've just come back from spending a hellish Bank Holiday weekend in London - not my favourite place at the best of times but this weekend it was an absolute hell hole. We didn't actually go for the Jubilee but ended up getting caught up in the festivities. As much as I loathed all that hullabaloo and extortionate prices (which are the norm for London anyway) I couldn't help thinking what a boost events like that give to the economy and all the merchandising etc. probably dwarfs the tax-funded civil list.

Personally, I just don't get it. Why is anyone interested in what the Royals get up to? It's on the same level as Big Brother contestant gossip in my eyes - a bunch of people who are famous for being famous and have no discernible talent or ability. The most impressive thing about the Queen to me is that she had Winston Churchill as her first Prime Minister and that she handed over the World Cup to Bobby Moore in 1966 :D If I ever got an 'audience' with her I'd ask her about some of the fascinating people she's met, rather than anything about her.
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:53 pm

The only jubilee stuff i caught was the music event on the evening and even that was a bit disappointing.

Not having The Dame performing at it seemed like a hole, but i assume they ignored the legend because he's always declined any royal title and honours. I could have done with a couple of Ziggy Stardust tracks being blasted out there to celebrate it's own anniversary, though. He'd have been better than Cliff Richard and Elton John.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Dorset Girl » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:24 pm

Bloody cold for June, innit?

Re. the Jubilee - I watched literally one minute of the coverage, and that was by accident. I flicked the TV on, and Elton John was trying to sing but seemed to be failing miserably to hold a tune.

Having said that, though, I'm impressed with the way my little town came together to organise a huge party. One of the biggest in the South, apparently. There was a half-hour programme dedicated to it on BBC South - which I did watch, it was fun spotting people I know. :D

I didn't go to the party, I was too busy trekking along the coastal path.
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby Moon-Crane » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:46 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:Bloody cold for June, innit?

Re. the Jubilee - I watched literally one minute of the coverage, and that was by accident. I flicked the TV on, and Elton John was trying to sing but seemed to be failing miserably to hold a tune.

:lol: I've no beef with Elton John - but he was total shitehawk that night.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Dorset Girl » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:01 am

Moon-Crane wrote: :lol: I've no beef with Elton John - but he was total shitehawk that night.

:lol: Yes, that's one way of putting it! I actually like Elton John. Mind you, he must be getting on a bit - how old is he, about 497, or something?

My sister said there were a couple of other big stars who really couldn't sing that night, too. Can't remember who.
Dorset Girl

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:15 am

Dorset Girl wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote: :lol: I've no beef with Elton John - but he was total shitehawk that night.

:lol: Yes, that's one way of putting it! I actually like Elton John. Mind you, he must be getting on a bit - how old is he, about 497, or something?

My sister said there were a couple of other big stars who really couldn't sing that night, too. Can't remember who.

Cliff, i'd say, was one. Cheryl Cole sounded rough. Will i Am sounded crap - but that's hardly unexpected? Even Macca was average. Kylie was good, at least. Shirley Bassey was ok, too. Can't really remember who else was singing.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Dorset Girl » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:16 am

Yes, that's right, Cliff was one of them. Was Paul McCartney singing?
Dorset Girl

Postby Dorset Girl » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:16 am

And who the heck is Will I Am? Not knowing current artists is a sure sign of getting old...
Dorset Girl

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:17 am

Dorset Girl wrote:Yes, that's right, Cliff was one of them. Was Paul McCartney singing?

Yeah, he was the headline act.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Dorset Girl » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:19 am

Maybe he was the one Charlotte said wasn't very good?
Dorset Girl

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:22 am

Dorset Girl wrote:And who the heck is Will I Am? Not knowing current artists is a sure sign of getting old...

:lol: He's the Black Eyed Peas bloke. He's been all over tv like a rash in recent weeks. He judges on one of the 'talent' shows and he wangled running with the Olympic torch somewhere.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:23 am

Dorset Girl wrote:Maybe he was the one Charlotte said wasn't very good?

Could have taken her pick. They were all crap. Tom Jones i remember was on there, too, and he was ok.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Dorset Girl » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:25 am

Moon-Crane wrote:
Dorset Girl wrote:And who the heck is Will I Am? Not knowing current artists is a sure sign of getting old...

:lol: He's the Black Eyed Peas bloke. He's been all over tv like a rash in recent weeks. He judges on one of the 'talent' shows and he wangled running with the Olympic torch somewhere.

Ah, right. I rarely watch TV. I wonder if he realises his name sounds so twatty?
Dorset Girl

Postby barnaclelapse » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:29 am

I don't think I've ever watched more than five minutes of that mind-numbing bullshit.
barnaclelapse

Postby Dorset Girl » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:37 am

My genealogy-obsessed cousin (distant cousin - 6th or 7th, I think!!) is trying to talk me into going to the Tolpuddle Rally yet again (she does this every year, very persistently). As I've mentioned before, I am related to one of the Tolpuddle Martyrs, who formed the first Trade Union.

This is a gathering which is getting bigger each year, and is into the tens of thousands now. The main part of the weekend consists of a march, with Trade Unionists holding various placards criticising pretty much everything the government do. There's also a music festival with a bunch of musicians I've never heard of, but who are apparently famous. It costs a fortune to park, the festival tickets are probably a fortune too, and it just doesn't interest me.

I've told her outright that I'm not interested in the political element. I've also said that I'd like to meet the relatives, but wish I could do this at another time of year, when there aren't thousands of people swarming around. It just doesn't interest me to go along to this event.

She was the same a couple of months back, with the Titanic centenary events - she couldn't understand why we didn't want to take part in the news programmes about it. I love having both of these events in my family tree, and enjoy telling people about them, but have no desire whatsoever to take part in any of the stuff that goes with it.
Dorset Girl

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion