Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

EURO 2012 Fantasy Football

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

EURO 2012 Fantasy Football

Postby welshben23 » Tue May 15, 2012 11:56 am

I've created a league on the official Uefa website, it's got pretty much the same rules and amount of money to spend as the Premier League FF game we play. If anybody would like to join the code is 41641-9782 and the web address is http://en.euro2012fantasy.uefa.com/
welshben23

Re: EURO 2012 Fantasy Football

Postby woggle » Tue May 15, 2012 12:02 pm

I had a team already to go, joining the league riiiiiight now :D
woggle

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Tue May 15, 2012 12:33 pm

I'll be there. I'l pick a team this evening :)
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Tue May 15, 2012 1:22 pm

Nice one. I'll also have a look this evening. :)
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Thu May 17, 2012 7:22 am

I'm in!

No idea what players to pick yet though - I've auto-completed for the moment.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Thu May 17, 2012 10:22 am

It's a weird old site isn't it? Who tried to add their team into "What European club(s) do you support?"? It appears to contain a very limited, and bizarre, set of teams to choose from :lol:

The avatar bit seems completely useless as well. Why the hell has it got Charlie Adam on there as a choice? :scratch:

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby welshben23 » Thu May 17, 2012 11:01 am

Moon-Crane wrote:It's a weird old site isn't it? Who tried to add their team into "What European club(s) do you support?"? It appears to contain a very limited, and bizarre, set of teams to choose from :lol:

The avatar bit seems completely useless as well. Why the hell has it got Charlie Adam on there as a choice? :scratch:

It is very weird. I tried to type in Liverpool and Swansea City, both were deleted automatically when I went to the next step. :? I haven't noticed the avatar choices. :D
welshben23

Postby Moon-Crane » Thu May 17, 2012 12:21 pm

Man, i never realised how little i knew about the current Italian team until i looked at their squad :lol: I better do some reading up on some of these countries to see who are the regulars!

England squad was a reasonable punt. I assume they listed 23 players before the official announcement? As far as i can see they only got five wrong. It has Carson, Walker, Smalling, Adam Johnson and Sturridge currently listed instead of Ruddy, Lescott, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Carroll and Defoe.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:29 am

Everyone picked their teams yet? The deadline is today around 17:30 I think. I'm not particularly happy with my line up but with only 2 players per nation allowed it was always going to be a tough selection.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby welshben23 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:39 am

Mr Blue Sky wrote:Everyone picked their teams yet? The deadline is today around 17:30 I think. I'm not particularly happy with my line up but with only 2 players per nation allowed it was always going to be a tough selection.

I've picked my team about 100 times in the last couple of weeks. :lol: I like the balance of the team I have now though, even though the Defenders are quite cheap. Has anybody noticed that you can use basically any formation you like, even the quite silly 2-5-3 formation?
welshben23

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:41 pm

welshben23 wrote:
Mr Blue Sky wrote:Everyone picked their teams yet? The deadline is today around 17:30 I think. I'm not particularly happy with my line up but with only 2 players per nation allowed it was always going to be a tough selection.

I've picked my team about 100 times in the last couple of weeks. :lol: I like the balance of the team I have now though, even though the Defenders are quite cheap. Has anybody noticed that you can use basically any formation you like, even the quite silly 2-5-3 formation?

I've noticed, as that's the formation I'll be using :lol: You were once allowed to do this on the regular Premier League fantasy footy we play but they put a stop to it years ago. As you say, your team can be ridiculously attacking :D
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:02 pm

I think i've just about had enough of twatting about with my squad today, so i'm happy enough with it now.

I'm also likely to fall into the 2-5-3 formation camp, unless any of the 'filler' players have such a hell of a gameweek that i shouldn't swap them back out.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby welshben23 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:41 pm

You've both convinced me. Team change one hundred and one - changed to 2-5-3.
welshben23

Postby Moon-Crane » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:50 pm

Now we're just guaranteeing a bunch of 0-0 draws :D

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Moon-Crane » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:51 am

Been a decent enough start to the tournament. Nice to see a bit of a shock with the Dutch coming a cropper against Denmark, even if it screwed up my two dutch picks. The only real dogshit alley of a game from the opening quartet has been the Germany v Portugal one.

I've had a couple of my players score goals so far (Lewandowski and Shirokov) but not much else.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Moon-Crane » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:08 am

Anyone having trouble with the uefa website login to play the game? It's kicked me out and just telling me my password is incorrect, and when i try to use the reset password link it's a service unavailable message.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby welshben23 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:57 am

It's working fine for me. Anyone notice that you can do manual substitutions in the middle of the Gameweek? Bye bye Cech, please don't let too many in Shay Given. :)
welshben23

Postby Moon-Crane » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:14 pm

welshben23 wrote:It's working fine for me. Anyone notice that you can do manual substitutions in the middle of the Gameweek? Bye bye Cech, please don't let too many in Shay Given. :)

You've logged in this morning? Hmm. I still can't get in at all. My mate in London can't sign in either. And another guy up in Burnley. Can't figure out the connection between our problems then if you're ok.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby welshben23 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:22 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:
welshben23 wrote:It's working fine for me. Anyone notice that you can do manual substitutions in the middle of the Gameweek? Bye bye Cech, please don't let too many in Shay Given. :)

You've logged in this morning? Hmm. I still can't get in at all. My mate in London can't sign in either. And another guy up in Burnley. Can't figure out the connection between our problems then if you're ok.

Yeah I went on the site five minutes before I posted on here. I'm automatically logged in every time I visit the website, which may be the reason why I can get onto the site.
welshben23

Postby Moon-Crane » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:30 pm

Yeah i was set up that way as well. No idea what's happened. Thanks for letting me know you had no bother anyway.

It's finally, very slowly, logged into the uefa website profile page. let's see if i can get the changes made on the euro2012 section.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:44 am

Well done Woggs - top of the tree :D I made a serious error of judgement picking an all England defence - looking forward to wildcard time already.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:13 pm

You're doing great woggle. :thumbright:

Good plan by me to rely on Russia and Poland in group A :lol: Can't believe they both crashed out tonight.

I'll also apologise to everybody in advance for taking a punt and drafting Rooney in for the final group matches, likely guaranteeing our demise vs Ukraine.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:39 pm

Bloody German's last night. They win through comfortably and yet still manage to give me the least return i could have possibly taken from choosing four of their players. Aggravating buggers :lol:

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby welshben23 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:18 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:Bloody German's last night. They win through comfortably and yet still manage to give me the least return i could have possibly taken from choosing four of their players. Aggravating buggers :lol:

:lol: Were any of them your Captain? I saw the team news and managed to change it from Gomez to Schweinsteiger at the last moment. Not that it did me any good.
welshben23

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:27 pm

welshben23 wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:Bloody German's last night. They win through comfortably and yet still manage to give me the least return i could have possibly taken from choosing four of their players. Aggravating buggers :lol:

:lol: Were any of them your Captain? I saw the team news and managed to change it from Gomez to Schweinsteiger at the last moment. Not that it did me any good.

I had Schweinsteiger as captain. The very one who decided to change his whole usual gameplan and not bother to go forward to have any shots or try crossing a ball - at all. Even when they got a free kick in his usual shooting range, he decided to hit a squre ball out wide instead. I've never seen him play anything like that ever. Good work, Bastien. He was terrible, too - trying to be only the midfield general who breaks up play and sets things in motion - instead getting caught in possession on the halfway line time and time again.

Yet, they still win comfortably. Go figure. Greece were useless.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Next

Return to Off Topic Discussion