Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

The Snooker Thread

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Re: The Snooker Thread

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:13 am

Moon-Crane wrote:Here's an account of the undertaker incident in an interview with Jimmy from the Daily Mail website :D
We must explore at least one of the legendary stories of old. Like when his brother Martin died of cancer. Jimmy and his family apparently stole the corpse from the undertakers and took it on a pub crawl. It can't be true, can it?

'We were so sad. We'd been drinking in the pub the night before the funeral and the bill came to £4,600. It was a proper drink. We were all crying and so I told my sister we were going to get Martin.

'I kicked the door of the undertakers and the lock fell off. Just like that, it opened! I went in, there was no alarm. He was there, in his suit, so I phoned a driver and we took him out and carried on drinking. We felt we had to spend more time with him.

'We were crying, laughing, crying, laughing. It went on for about five hours. The driver going back realised my brother wasn't alive, so he refused to take us. We had to get a taxi. On the way, the next driver looked in the mirror and said: "He don't look too well".

'We put him back and then the police came. They sympathised with me, there was no damage done. We lost his hat somewhere, but no charges followed.'

Ha! I'd not heard about that! :lol:
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:15 am

Another good win for Hendry yesterday. He surely can't win an 8th title at his age can he?

I'm worried for Judd at the moment. Ali Carter looks in top form - I'd hate to see him dispatch the most exciting player before the tournament really gets going.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:11 pm

Hendry's got a whole new lease of life from somewhere. Amazing form he's found.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:12 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:Hendry's got a whole new lease of life from somewhere. Amazing form he's found.

I'd still like to see Judd Trump lift the trophy this year but it'd be good to see Hendry get as far as possible.

Speaking of Trump he's looking good in his 2nd rounder with Ali Carter. Ali's a class act but Judd has something extra - hope he finishes the job today.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:33 pm

Tough game to come against Maguire but Hendry could better Steve Davis's QF a couple of years back?

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:40 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:Tough game to come against Maguire but Hendry could better Steve Davis's QF a couple of years back?

That'd be good. The problem is keeping up his concentration levels - easy in your 20s but much tougher in your 40s. I remember during Davis's run he was still capable of missing absolutely anything. Mind you, I saw Judd Trump miss a black off its spot yesterday so it happens to everyone.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:06 pm

Fuck me, can't believe Trump's out :x
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:29 pm

He blew up big time there. Certainly never expected to see him lose from 12-9 up.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Tue May 01, 2012 9:37 am

Moon-Crane wrote:He blew up big time there. Certainly never expected to see him lose from 12-9 up.

Ali Carter went down in my estimation a little too sarcastically applauding after Trump had made a decent snooker at 12-10. Hope Hendry or O'Sullivan win now (much as I dislike O'Sullivan he's fantastic to watch)
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Tue May 01, 2012 10:20 am

Mr Blue Sky wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:He blew up big time there. Certainly never expected to see him lose from 12-9 up.

Ali Carter went down in my estimation a little too sarcastically applauding after Trump had made a decent snooker at 12-10.

Seems to be a bit of needle between them, with Carter claiming Trump shows no snooker 'etiquette' when it comes to acknowledging fluke shots.

With all the 'bad boys of snooker' talk earlier, it got me thinking - isn't Quentin Hann due to finish his ban this year? Wonder if he'll ever be able to/want to come back? He was a crazy old bugger :lol:

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Dorset Girl » Wed May 02, 2012 10:18 am

Aw, Hendry's retiring!
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby Moon-Crane » Wed May 02, 2012 10:41 am

Dorset Girl wrote:Aw, Hendry's retiring!

Yeah quite sad to see him go. As with Davis a couple of years ago, even though he was comfortably beaten, he's performed incredibly to get to the QF stage of the WC.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby barnaclelapse » Wed May 02, 2012 3:23 pm

I just like saying "Snooker." I don't know about the rest of you.
barnaclelapse

Postby Dorset Girl » Wed May 02, 2012 9:31 pm

barnaclelapse wrote:I just like saying "Snooker." I don't know about the rest of you.

:lol:
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby barnaclelapse » Fri May 04, 2012 4:03 pm

If you say it enough times, it sounds like you're say "Schmuckers."

And who doesn't like jam?!
barnaclelapse

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat May 05, 2012 7:49 am

Moon-Crane wrote:
Dorset Girl wrote:Aw, Hendry's retiring!

Yeah quite sad to see him go. As with Davis a couple of years ago, even though he was comfortably beaten, he's performed incredibly to get to the QF stage of the WC.

Indeed. I'm only surprised that he's stayed in the game so long. Having watched a lot of interviews with him when he was younger it seemed he was never really in love with the game at all, he was just exceptionally good at it. Looks like it'll be commentary duties from now on.

Looking more and more like a Carter/O'Sullivan final. I sense many in the Crucible audience have cooled to Ali Carter this year after his antics against Trump. Like O'Sullivan though, he's a very attractive player to watch - perfect cueing technique - so it'll be a good match.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon May 07, 2012 1:51 am

Despite playing poorly Ali Carter's still sticking to Ronnie like dog shit throughout this final. A decent afternoon session from Carter tomorrow and the title's anyone's - Ronnie really should have more than a three frame lead.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon May 07, 2012 9:15 pm

Good old Ronnie :D

I hope he sticks around long enough to give himself a chance to break Hendry's world title record although history would suggest he won't win many more titles at his age.

Been a really good tournament.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Tue May 08, 2012 6:50 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:Good old Ronnie :D

I hope he sticks around long enough to give himself a chance to break Hendry's world title record although history would suggest he won't win many more titles at his age.

Been a really good tournament.

I actually never caught any of the final. Was it any good? Apparently O'Sullivan is the oldest winner since Reardon last won it aged 45? I think time will run out on him getting anywhere near Hendry. Be surprised if he even wins another - although he's certainly still got it in him. Depends where his head is each year it comes around, i suppose.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Tue May 08, 2012 10:01 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:I actually never caught any of the final. Was it any good? Apparently O'Sullivan is the oldest winner since Reardon last won it aged 45? I think time will run out on him getting anywhere near Hendry. Be surprised if he even wins another - although he's certainly still got it in him. Depends where his head is each year it comes around, i suppose.

There was some quality stuff played - mostly from Hendry. Carter was being coached by Ebdon and it showed in his negativity. Yeah he's almost 37 now is O'Sullivan and the game was much different when Reardon was winning World Titles in his 40s. If anyone can buck the aging trend it's Ronnie; he's not a 'normal' player in that sense. If he really buckles down he could win another title but I think you're right and Hendry's record will be out of range.

I'm hoping Judd Trump starts to dominate now - he certainly has the ability.
Mr Blue Sky

Previous

Return to Off Topic Discussion