Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Re: Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:30 pm

welshben23 wrote:Mancini if you bring Aguero and/or Silva on for 5 minutes at the end I will not be happy! I left Gylfi Sigurdsson on the bench as Swansea are playing away and he only goes and scores! :lol: :twisted:

EDIT: Twice! :roll:

I had Aguero as captain and Silva as vice captain so the twat decides to leave both out :roll: The one small consolation is that i'd left out Caulker as my 2nd sub, but without either of Silva and Aguero he automatically comes in with the clean sheet and an assist to his name.

It's worked out great for you. And you made the right choice going with RVP as captain. I was going to go with him as VC to Aguero but the lure of a home match against Bolton proved too much and properly bit me on the ass :lol:
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:29 am

Had a fucking disaster these last few weeks. Obviously Ben's overtaken me in our league and at the same time the 35 point lead I had in my work's league has turned into a 71 point deficit. I've never known a swing like that in such a short space of time in all the years I've been playing this daft game.
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:46 pm

I've had a ropey couple of weeks after a few good ones. Good work, Ben :thumbright:

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby welshben23 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:36 pm

Thanks M-C. :) Of course I could say that it was my great skill at playing this game that I knew Bale, Silva and Aguero wouldn't play and I would get lucky with Sigurdsson and Dempsey both getting a double figure amount of points and that's why I placed Siggy as my 1st sub, or I could tell the truth that I nearly did exactly what Mr BS did and appointed as Aguero my captain and Silva my vice-captain. But at the very last minute I changed my mind and gave the captaincy back to RvP and it worked out very well. :lol:
welshben23

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:47 am

welshben23 wrote:Thanks M-C. :) Of course I could say that it was my great skill at playing this game that I knew Bale, Silva and Aguero wouldn't play and I would get lucky with Sigurdsson and Dempsey both getting a double figure amount of points and that's why I placed Siggy as my 1st sub, or I could tell the truth that I nearly did exactly what Mr BS did and appointed as Aguero my captain and Silva my vice-captain. But at the very last minute I changed my mind and gave the captaincy back to RvP and it worked out very well. :lol:

Well done mate, just shows you should never chuck the towel in.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby welshben23 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:52 am

Mr Blue Sky wrote:
welshben23 wrote:Thanks M-C. :) Of course I could say that it was my great skill at playing this game that I knew Bale, Silva and Aguero wouldn't play and I would get lucky with Sigurdsson and Dempsey both getting a double figure amount of points and that's why I placed Siggy as my 1st sub, or I could tell the truth that I nearly did exactly what Mr BS did and appointed as Aguero my captain and Silva my vice-captain. But at the very last minute I changed my mind and gave the captaincy back to RvP and it worked out very well. :lol:

Well done mate, just shows you should never chuck the towel in.

Thank you. :) I literally can't afford to make any transfers with the 1 point lead I have so hopefully the established players won't be rested or injured and will score their regular amount of points. On the other hand, I am going to watch Swansea vs Man City so I hope Aguero and/or Silva do not score. :lol:
welshben23

Postby Moon-Crane » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:31 pm

Urgh, why did i not take a bit of care with my subs order. Caulker sitting there with 9 points gone begging. And i thought i'd stuck Kuyt in my team this week, not Nani. I've officially lost my mind. :lol:

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby welshben23 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:10 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:Urgh, why did i not take a bit of care with my subs order. Caulker sitting there with 9 points gone begging. And i thought i'd stuck Kuyt in my team this week, not Nani. I've officially lost my mind. :lol:

:) I left Vorm on my bench, 9 points gone begging there. I dropped Victor Moses and 9 points went begging there too and then I gave the captaincy to Aguero instead of persisting with RvP which cost me 14 points. I love you Swansea City but you didn't half make a mess of my week on this game. :lol:
welshben23

Postby Moon-Crane » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:20 pm

welshben23 wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:Urgh, why did i not take a bit of care with my subs order. Caulker sitting there with 9 points gone begging. And i thought i'd stuck Kuyt in my team this week, not Nani. I've officially lost my mind. :lol:

:) I left Vorm on my bench, 9 points gone begging there. I dropped Victor Moses and 9 points went begging there too and then I gave the captaincy to Aguero instead of persisting with RvP which cost me 14 points. I love you Swansea City but you didn't half make a mess of my week on this game. :lol:

:D I stuck RvP as captain because he was either going to do well at the expense of my team, or do nothing which would likely have helped my team. That was my twisted win-win logic.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:52 am

Good call with Sigurdsson Ben - that should definitely see you top the league once the fixtures are all played this week.

I think the Villa/Bolton game has been called off on Tuesday due to the Muamba situation - not sure if that will affect anyone this week?
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:59 am

Mr Blue Sky wrote:Good call with Sigurdsson Ben - that should definitely see you top the league once the fixtures are all played this week.

I think the Villa/Bolton game has been called off on Tuesday due to the Muamba situation - not sure if that will affect anyone this week?

Not surprised if it is off. That game doesn't really affect my team, though. I do have Muamba in my squad, just as a cheap emergency sub option in midfield.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby welshben23 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:14 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:Good call with Sigurdsson Ben - that should definitely see you top the league once the fixtures are all played this week.

Thank you. I've been to most of Swansea's home games so I knew he was more likely to score than Danny Graham who is playing really well but is going through a bit of a dry spell as far as goals are concerned. So that's why I changed the formation to have 5 midfielders and it worked out well for me. :)
welshben23

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:05 am

welshben23 wrote:

Thank you. I've been to most of Swansea's home games so I knew he was more likely to score than Danny Graham who is playing really well but is going through a bit of a dry spell as far as goals are concerned. So that's why I changed the formation to have 5 midfielders and it worked out well for me. :)

I may have to copy that one off you Ben :wink: It won't be this week though - I've already brought in two Vermin to boost my squad seeing as they have a lovely set of fixtures between now and the end of the season. I know have a ful Man U 'spine' to my side so I'm either going to do very well in our fantasy league or Man City will win the Prem :D I think it's obvious which scenario I'd prefer...
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:41 pm

:lol: @ The state of the next fixture list.

I was going to pick Ben Arfa this week before i'd checked and seen we didn't have a game next time out.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby welshben23 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:41 pm

woggle wrote:
welshben23 wrote:I have now changed the name of my team to Swanselona. 8-)

I have a new name for ya ... imgonnaloseato -woggle!!!! haha

:D Three gameweeks left for you to get 182 points+.
welshben23

Postby woggle » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:17 pm

welshben23 wrote:
woggle wrote:
welshben23 wrote:I have now changed the name of my team to Swanselona. 8-)

I have a new name for ya ... imgonnaloseato -woggle!!!! haha

:D Three gameweeks left for you to get 182 points+.

haha i did so shit this season .... i kept forgetting to change my team around with injurys and stuff but will take more care nxt season so u better watch out boyo!!!! congrats on 2nd thou!!
woggle

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:17 am

woggle wrote:haha i did so shit this season .... i kept forgetting to change my team around with injurys and stuff but will take more care nxt season so u better watch out boyo!!!! congrats on 2nd thou!!

He may do better than that yet. I'm about to have a very bad week and there's an awful lot of points up for grabs still.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby welshben23 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:13 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:
woggle wrote:haha i did so shit this season .... i kept forgetting to change my team around with injurys and stuff but will take more care nxt season so u better watch out boyo!!!! congrats on 2nd thou!!

He may do better than that yet. I'm about to have a very bad week and there's an awful lot of points up for grabs still.

I am about to have a terrible week too, unless Aguero and Rooney both score hat-tricks on Monday night and the rest of my players on a double week all score. M-C is already 30 points better off than me. It's squeaky bum time in this game. :)
welshben23

Postby Moon-Crane » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:09 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:I'm about to have a very bad week and there's an awful lot of points up for grabs still.

Trust Torres to come up smelling of roses this week to single-handedly pull you out of the clarts :lol:

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:10 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:Trust Torres to come up smelling of roses this week to single-handedly pull you out of the clarts :lol:

That was darn nice of him wasn't it :D

Same again on Tuesday please Fernando, although I don't mind if Cisse wants to score 4 as well :wink:
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Thu May 10, 2012 12:42 am

Time to congratulate you on regaining your title, BS. You're our very own Alex Ferguson :D

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby welshben23 » Thu May 10, 2012 4:46 pm

Very well done BS. I just couldn't keep up with your skill. :) It's really close for 2nd place M-C, 22 points in it. I hope I've chosen the Captain wisely for Sunday.
welshben23

Postby Moon-Crane » Thu May 10, 2012 9:40 pm

Good work, Ben. :thumbright: I think i'll be settling for third this year.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Fri May 11, 2012 6:50 am

Thanks a lot M-C and Ben - it was close for a long time this season and it's only the last few weeks I looked like securing top spot.

My late surge hasn't helped me in my work's league though. I'll get a small prize for second place but the lad in front of me is in the world's top 1000 so I don't feel too bad being behind him after such a freakishly good year.
Mr Blue Sky

Previous

Return to Off Topic Discussion