Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

You learn something new every day

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Re: You learn something new every day

Postby insaneasperger » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:21 pm

I will not mention that I own 5 pairs of shoes 3 of which are ugg style one is a pair of crocs then I have some purple bumper boots... :/
I Think You Can Call Me Niles Now
insaneasperger

Postby Dorset Girl » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:51 pm

There are people more obsessed with Playmobil than I am. There are people who have in-depth knowledge of model numbers, variations between similar models and which countries they were released in.
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby Moon-Crane » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:45 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:There are people more obsessed with Playmobil than I am. There are people who have in-depth knowledge of model numbers, variations between similar models and which countries they were released in.

:D Did you find a forum of like-minded people?

Reminds me of the people who new all the production variations of old Star Wars figures.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Dorset Girl » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:00 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:
Dorset Girl wrote:There are people more obsessed with Playmobil than I am. There are people who have in-depth knowledge of model numbers, variations between similar models and which countries they were released in.

:D Did you find a forum of like-minded people?

Reminds me of the people who new all the production variations of old Star Wars figures.

:lol: There is a Playmobil forum - you have to pay to join it (I haven't joined!). There are several other collectors and toy forums with a 'Playmobil' section. But the people I'm talking about are some of those who have started following my photography page. I'm taking a Playmobil-related photo every day during 2012, and I have about 100 people following it. Most of them are friends, or friends of friends. Some of them are Playmobil obsessives who have found it through searching. I post a photo, and they start discussing the model number, and which room of which Playmobil house it was taken in... then they send me PMs asking if I have particular items in my collection, or whether I've ever seen a box for model no. 3452, etc...
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby tubalcain » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:06 pm

Gamestation is a shop run by kids, for kids.

The art of communication would appear to be irrelevant. :roll:
tubalcain

Postby Dorset Girl » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:41 pm

On the beach the other day, I collected some weird rocks. I wasn't quite sure what they were to be honest, but I knew they couldn't just be normal pebbles, the shape was too strange. I posted a photo of them on another forum I belong to, and it turns out that they're coprolite - i.e. dinosaur poo! :lol: So I have a bag of dinosaur poo in my cupboard. :scratch: It amused me that my sister refused to touch them once she found out what they were.
Dorset Girl

Postby Moon-Crane » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:46 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:On the beach the other day, I collected some weird rocks. I wasn't quite sure what they were to be honest, but I knew they couldn't just be normal pebbles, the shape was too strange. I posted a photo of them on another forum I belong to, and it turns out that they're coprolite - i.e. dinosaur poo! :lol: So I have a bag of dinosaur poo in my cupboard. :scratch: It amused me that my sister refused to touch them once she found out what they were.

:lol:

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:37 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:On the beach the other day, I collected some weird rocks. I wasn't quite sure what they were to be honest, but I knew they couldn't just be normal pebbles, the shape was too strange. I posted a photo of them on another forum I belong to, and it turns out that they're coprolite - i.e. dinosaur poo! :lol: So I have a bag of dinosaur poo in my cupboard. :scratch: It amused me that my sister refused to touch them once she found out what they were.

Did you find it next to a pack of fossilised Andrex wipes? :wink:
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Dorset Girl » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:40 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:

Did you find it next to a pack of fossilised Andrex wipes? :wink:

Ooh, there's posh! ;) We just have bog-standard bog-roll in this 'ouse!
Dorset Girl

Postby barnaclelapse » Fri May 04, 2012 4:04 pm

You...English...people...you're so silly.
barnaclelapse

Postby Dorset Girl » Fri May 04, 2012 11:04 pm

barnaclelapse wrote:You...English...people...you're so silly.

:lol: I think what I like best about that post is that you appear to have hesitated over the use of the word 'people'. :D
Dorset Girl

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sat May 05, 2012 3:47 am

Dorset Girl wrote:

:lol: I think what I like best about that post is that you appear to have hesitated over the use of the word 'people'. :D

:lol:
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat May 05, 2012 7:55 am

Dorset Girl wrote:

If it's silly to discuss a dinosaur's toilet habits, then silly be I.

Is your sister still refusing to touch those rocks? If I were you I'd lick one in front of her just to gross her out.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Dorset Girl » Sat May 05, 2012 10:31 am

Mr Blue Sky wrote:
Dorset Girl wrote:

If it's silly to discuss a dinosaur's toilet habits, then silly be I.

Is your sister still refusing to touch those rocks? If I were you I'd lick one in front of her just to gross her out.

Hahaha, I'm soooo gonna do that! :D
Dorset Girl

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat May 05, 2012 2:41 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:Hahaha, I'm soooo gonna do that! :D

You could look out for a flat, mis-shapen piece of rock and tell her it's dinosaur diarrhea. Then lick it.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby barnaclelapse » Sat May 05, 2012 4:33 pm

Yes. This.
barnaclelapse

Postby Forever Jung » Sun May 06, 2012 5:30 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:
Dorset Girl wrote:Hahaha, I'm soooo gonna do that! :D

You could look out for a flat, mis-shapen piece of rock and tell her it's dinosaur diarrhea. Then lick it.

:twisted: Adding thoughtfully "hmmm, Stegosaurus I believe :? "
The Cranes of Maine have got my Living Brain
Forever Jung

Postby woggle » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:16 pm

Went to the L'head museam on a free activity day during the week and found ou Donald Campbell lived in leatherhead when he drew up the designs for his car bluebird ...something i never knew before .
woggle

Postby kat » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:23 pm

woggle wrote:Went to the L'head museam on a free activity day during the week and found ou Donald Campbell lived in leatherhead when he drew up the designs for his car bluebird ...something i never knew before .

thar's pretty cool, I've been to his grave in Coniston, and I'm sure Bluebird was the boat
If life gives you lemons, make lemon curd
kat

Postby woggle » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:35 pm

kat wrote:
woggle wrote:Went to the L'head museam on a free activity day during the week and found ou Donald Campbell lived in leatherhead when he drew up the designs for his car bluebird ...something i never knew before .

thar's pretty cool, I've been to his grave in Coniston, and I'm sure Bluebird was the boat

Was it ? oh sorry obviosly wasn't listning at that point ..lol which ever it is the steering wheel thingy for it was on the wall which my nephew loved playing with while screeching brooooom broooooooom , i was just hopeing he didn't pull it off the wall haha .
woggle

Postby barnaclelapse » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:07 am

I learned more about The Great Moon Hoax of 1835.

http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/archive/permalink/the_great_moon_hoax

That was fun.

I always learned, or rather was reminded, not to get my hopes up about things.
barnaclelapse

Postby Moon-Crane » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:18 am

barnaclelapse wrote:I learned more about The Great Moon Hoax of 1835.

http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/archive/permalink/the_great_moon_hoax

That was fun.

I always learned, or rather was reminded, not to get my hopes up about things.

I like that site :D

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Dorset Girl » Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:46 pm

Heh, can't hear that name without thinking of my ex, as that's his real name - even though everyone calls him Rob.

I'm currently sitting in his mum's house stealing her broadband, coincidentally.
Dorset Girl

Postby woggle » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:01 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:

Heh, can't hear that name without thinking of my ex, as that's his real name - even though everyone calls him Rob.

I'm currently sitting in his mum's house stealing her broadband, coincidentally.

:D
woggle

Postby barnaclelapse » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:18 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:

Bad girl. :wink:
barnaclelapse

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion