Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Quirky / unusual hobbies and sports

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Quirky / unusual hobbies and sports

Postby Dorset Girl » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:57 pm

I'm actually looking for some ideas for photos! Does anyone have any unusual hobbies, or know of any that I may be able to depict in a photo? My reasoning is that I want to show people that even though I have some weird hobbies (such as taking photos of Playmobil, that's what these photos will be!), there are people who do even weirder things!

So far, I've taken photos for extreme ironing, planking and cheese rolling. :scratch:
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Re: Quirky / unusual hobbies and sports

Postby woggle » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:49 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:I'm actually looking for some ideas for photos! Does anyone have any unusual hobbies, or know of any that I may be able to depict in a photo? My reasoning is that I want to show people that even though I have some weird hobbies (such as taking photos of Playmobil, that's what these photos will be!), there are people who do even weirder things!

So far, I've taken photos for extreme ironing, planking and cheese rolling. :scratch:

What on earth is planking ??

Only hobbies i have is collecting dvd's and film memorbilia but thats not unusual i expect .
woggle

Postby Ramona » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:09 pm

Someone was planking in the middle of the Manchester riots. Legendary!
"So you've found me. Congratulations"
Ramona

Postby Forever Jung » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:54 pm

:twisted: I've got a few interests, some of them unusual, but nothing off the top of my head that would look particulaly exciting on photographs :?
The Cranes of Maine have got my Living Brain
Forever Jung

Postby insaneasperger » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:19 pm

My hobby is stalking.

I also enjoy narrating people's/ objects lives for then, and my favourite thing to do is get in a nice skip or go to the tip for a good rummage. Is that weird?
I Think You Can Call Me Niles Now
insaneasperger

Postby Dorset Girl » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:25 pm

insaneasperger wrote:my favourite thing to do is get in a nice skip or go to the tip for a good rummage. Is that weird?

:lol: Slightly. Having said that, though, my sister saw a skip outside a pub once, and it had a whole pool table, in pieces, inside. She asked if she could have it, and they said 'yes' - so she now has a full sized pool table in her shed. It's in pretty good condition, too.

I also saw a bloke on some antiques programme last week who'd asked a hotel owner if he could take a painting out of a skip - turned out that it was worth several hundred quid!

Oh - also, I'll admit to picking up a little china tedy bear from the ground at the tip a while back - poor little thing was all unwanted and lonely, so I brought him home. :)
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby insaneasperger » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:29 pm

I don't tend to ask just jump in while a mate moans and keeps look out. I often do the stuff up and sell it on, but sometimes I'll just get a piece of wood because it looks pretty or something and it will stay in the flat until mum notices and tells me to get rid of it. When brewers quay was closing in Weymouth I made about £100 out of stuff I got out their skips, fixed then sold. Also got a lots of presents for people from it. :)

Useful hobbie i think!
I Think You Can Call Me Niles Now
insaneasperger

Postby barnaclelapse » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:08 pm

I have some interests in the kink community, but I'm not sure I'd call those hobbies.
barnaclelapse

Postby CatNamedRudy » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:10 pm

Planking is apparently out now. The new thing is "Batmannig". Hanging upside down like a bat.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Dorset Girl » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:30 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:Planking is apparently out now. The new thing is "Batmannig". Hanging upside down like a bat.

Cool! Loads of potential photos there, thank you!
Dorset Girl

Postby Dorset Girl » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:30 pm

barnaclelapse wrote:I have some interests in the kink community, but I'm not sure I'd call those hobbies.

Oh yeah? You can't just leave it at that and not elaborate? ;)
Dorset Girl

Postby Dorset Girl » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:32 pm

woggle wrote:What on earth is planking ??

Laying on top of weird things and having your photo taken.

Dorset Girl

Postby barnaclelapse » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:14 pm

I think planking is kind of dumb, but that's just me.
barnaclelapse

Postby Heather » Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:16 am

You shouldn't ask that question to everyone......what if said person was a hitman or serial killer :shock:
Not a girl yet not a woman (Britney Spears)
Heather

Postby Forever Jung » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:27 pm

Heather wrote:You shouldn't ask that question to everyone......what if said person was a hitman or serial killer :shock:

:twisted: Then I dare say that person would lie and say they collected stamps :lol:
The Cranes of Maine have got my Living Brain
Forever Jung

Postby Dorset Girl » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:09 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:Planking is apparently out now. The new thing is "Batmannig". Hanging upside down like a bat.

I used this for today's photo - it seems to have confused a decent number of people, which was the aim! Thank you for the idea, Cat. :D
Dorset Girl

Postby Dorset Girl » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:09 pm

Someone's suggested a few more, the first two of which look particularly hilarious in the photos I've seen:

Leisure diving, ostriching, owling, horsemanning and tilting.

Can't find any photos for the last one, but I'm guessing it's like planking, only at a different angle!
Dorset Girl

Return to Off Topic Discussion