Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

NFL 2011-2012 Season

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Re: NFL 2011-2012 Season

Postby Moon-Crane » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:24 am

welshben23 wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:Ugh, i can't follow these games towards our inevitable failure :lol:

Looking forward to the late game, Ben?

Sorry this reply is so late. I wasn't no, I thought the Giants would find 1 or 2 ways to completely cock it up but I'm so glad to say I was wrong. Victor Cruz has been a revelation this season. Not looking forward to the Atlanta game though, Julio Jones and Roddy White should take the Giants secondary apart. :?:

Cruz was on fire. i couldn't quite believe how the Giants were destroying Dallas at the beginning. I thought they were throwing it all away at one point but they managed to buck their ideas up and see it out at the end.

Not sure how the Giants will do against Falcons, but I'm looking forward to seeing how St Tebow of Godshire fares against the Steelers. I'm hoping the Broncos get pounded out of site. Nobody in our division deserved to be allowed through this year :lol:
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby CatNamedRudy » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:38 am

Not sure how the Giants will do against Falcons, but I'm looking forward to seeing how St Tebow of Godshire fares against the Steelers. I'm hoping the Broncos get pounded out of site. Nobody in our division deserved to be allowed through this year

:lol:

I don't care much for the Steelers but I'm so sick of Jesus Tebow that I want the Steelers to pound them into horse apples! The problem is, Roelthisberger is still hurt and so is one of their other top players. (can't remember who because I don't really give a rat's ass about the Steelers)
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby jrsightes » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:43 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:
Not sure how the Giants will do against Falcons, but I'm looking forward to seeing how St Tebow of Godshire fares against the Steelers. I'm hoping the Broncos get pounded out of site. Nobody in our division deserved to be allowed through this year

:lol:

I don't care much for the Steelers but I'm so sick of Jesus Tebow that I want the Steelers to pound them into horse apples! The problem is, Roelthisberger is still hurt and so is one of their other top players. (can't remember who because I don't really give a rat's ass about the Steelers)

Rashard Mendenhall, who is their feature back. It's a huge loss, which is why I'm picking Denver at home to upset the reigning AFC champs.

My other picks:

New York over Atlanta
Cincinatti over Houston
New Orleans over Detroit
jrsightes

Postby welshben23 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:51 pm

If the Broncos are unable to get their rushing game going which will be very difficult against the Steelers D, I expect St Tebow to get his arse handed to him. Steelers by at least 14 points if that happens. My picks :-

Steelers over Broncos
Texans over Bengals
Giants over Falcons
(I've got to keep the faith) :lol:
Saints over Lions. But I hope I'm wrong on this one.
welshben23

Postby CatNamedRudy » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:31 pm

Wild Card Weekend Picks

Steelers over Tebows (injuries and all, the Chosen One is going down)
Falcons over Giants (sorry Benny)
Texans over Bengals (only because the Texans are the anti-Cowboys so I have to like them)
Saints over Lions (I liked the Lions a lot better when they were losers)
CatNamedRudy

Postby Moon-Crane » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:49 pm

I think Pittsburgh, Atlanta, Houston, New Orleans.

Mind, the way the season's gone there should be a shock somewhere amongst them.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby jrsightes » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:10 am

I'm a believer!
jrsightes

Postby CatNamedRudy » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:15 am

I was 2-2 for the Wild Card weekend.

Next week divisional games:

Ravens over Texans (the Ravens have the coolest uniforms in the NFL so they must win)
Saints over Niners (this one is really a toss up for me and I'm only picking the Saints because I like them better)
Patriots over Jesus Tebows (the Pats have no excuses if they lose)
Packers over Giants (this game could be scary though)
CatNamedRudy

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:40 pm

What the hell happened there :lol: Surely the Pats can't throw this away now. Bet they can't believe their luck.

Good win for your lot, Ben. Sounds like the Falcons imploded. I didn't see the game and was following the plays online - so what the hell were they doing not taking the field goal at only 10-2 down with 5 left in the 3rd?

CatNamedRudy wrote:I was 2-2 for the Wild Card weekend.

Ravens over Texans (the Ravens have the coolest uniforms in the NFL so they must win)
Saints over Niners (this one is really a toss up for me and I'm only picking the Saints because I like them better)

I might plump for New Orleans, but do you think being out of their dome could hand it to SF?

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby CatNamedRudy » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:06 pm

The Niners have a really good defense and that might cause a problem with Brees playing outdoors. Especially at The Stick which is a horrible place to play in no matter what the situation. It's always windy there and often cold and damp.
CatNamedRudy

Postby welshben23 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:42 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:What the hell happened there :lol: Surely the Pats can't throw this away now. Bet they can't believe their luck.

Good win for your lot, Ben. Sounds like the Falcons imploded. I didn't see the game and was following the plays online - so what the hell were they doing not taking the field goal at only 10-2 down with 5 left in the 3rd?

CatNamedRudy wrote:I was 2-2 for the Wild Card weekend.

I might plump for New Orleans, but do you think being out of their dome could hand it to SF?

I have no idea what Mike Smith was thinking and what makes it worse is that they did it TWICE without their first choice Running Back in the line-up and didn't convert the 4th down on either occasion. One of the analysts in the Sky studio said that he should be sacked because of those decisions and the one that cost them the game against the Saints in the regular season.

:) As soon as the ball hit the upright and bounced back and landed right on the 20 yard line from Matt Prater's first kick-off I just knew that Saint Timmy of Tebow and his Broncos would win that game.

Ravens over Texans
Saints over 49ers (I really, really hope I'm wrong, you could say the 49ers are my 3rd favourite team)
Patriots over Broncos
Packers over Giants (This is going to be a good one :D But I just don't think our secondary is good enough to stop Aaron Rodgers, Nelson and friends)
welshben23

Postby Moon-Crane » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:39 pm

welshben23 wrote:I have no idea what Mike Smith was thinking and what makes it worse is that they did it TWICE without their first choice Running Back in the line-up and didn't convert the 4th down on either occasion. One of the analysts in the Sky studio said that he should be sacked because of those decisions and the one that cost them the game against the Saints in the regular season.

Twice in that one game is unforgivable. I'd be surprised if the the fans aren't wanting his head on a stick for those calls :lol:

Saw the highlights from the game. Pittsburgh look like an old team now. Should still have had too much for that game, though.

For the next games i'll go:

Baltimore over Houston
San Francisco over New Orleans
New England over Denver
Green Bay over New York

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Moon-Crane » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:46 pm

2-0 for me so far.

The NO/SF game was as close as expected. Went to bed at 14-0 to NE against Denver, and expected to turn on and see 50 points this morning. 45 was close enough. Tebow finishing with his usual 9/26 for 136 was never going to be enough against the Patriots. What a contrast to Brady. The guy needs to get out of the limelight and knuckle down to some training.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:25 pm

I was 1-1 yesterday but I knew that Saints/Niners game was going to be close so I don't feel to badly about being wrong on that one.

GO PACK!
CatNamedRudy

Postby CatNamedRudy » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:00 am

:cry:

God I hate the Giants and Eli Manning! Go Niners!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:58 am

Bit of a shocker there. Surprised Ben isn't in doing a victory dance :lol: Can't believe it's the same Giants from six weeks ago.

My punt's on a New England vs San Francisco final, but i wouldn't bet the house on it.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby CatNamedRudy » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:20 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:Bit of a shocker there. Surprised Ben isn't in doing a victory dance :lol: Can't believe it's the same Giants from six weeks ago.

My punt's on a New England vs San Francisco final, but i wouldn't bet the house on it.

I want a Niners/Ravens Super Bowl because I think it would be awesome to have brothers coaching off against one another.
CatNamedRudy

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:26 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:Bit of a shocker there. Surprised Ben isn't in doing a victory dance :lol: Can't believe it's the same Giants from six weeks ago.

I want a Niners/Ravens Super Bowl because I think it would be awesome to have brothers coaching off against one another.

I'd probably prefer that as i've never really been a Patriots fan - and that sibling thing would make for good media spin. I'd expect everybody outside of New England and New York fans would take that head to head.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby welshben23 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:06 pm

:lol: :lol: Woo-hoo! With Swansea beating Arsenal as well, I was so happy but so nervous last night I couldn't sleep for ages, my arms and hands wouldn't stop shaking. Of course I would love the Giants to get to the Super Bowl but honestly I'd take a Harbaugh Brothers Bowl too. NYG Vs Baltimore would be great too. Anyone but the Pats.
welshben23

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:54 am

Damn those Pats. I knew they'd make it.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby CatNamedRudy » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:34 am

Moon-Crane wrote:Damn those Pats. I knew they'd make it.

The Raven kicker is going to need the Witness Protection Program!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Lil » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:27 am

Crap! Ravens lost.

Hoping the Giants win!!!!
Lil

Postby CatNamedRudy » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:45 pm

WORST.SUPER.BOWL.MATCHUP.EVER!
CatNamedRudy

Postby welshben23 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:29 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:BEST.SUPER.BOWL.MATCHUP.EVER!

:lol: Don't you think that looks a lot better? :bounce: :bounce:
welshben23

Postby CatNamedRudy » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:43 pm

welshben23 wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:BEST.SUPER.BOWL.MATCHUP.EVER!

:lol: Don't you think that looks a lot better? :bounce: :bounce:

Nope! It does not! :lol:

Stupid Packers played their worst game of the entire season last week when it really mattered! Stupid Raven kicker misses a chip shot field goal. Stupid Niner punt returner fumbles the ball. I'm stuck with a stupid Super Bowl with two stupid teams I hate! :x
CatNamedRudy

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion