Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Error Message

Announcements about changes to the site, plus support of all sections of the site, such as the forum and gallery, are located in this forum

Error Message

Postby Dorset Girl » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:40 pm

Not sure if it's something to do with my own settings, but I've received the following error message about half a dozen times over the past few weeks:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Too many connections [1040]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

Maybe it's just my own computer telling me I'm on this site far too much. :lol:
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Re: Error Message

Postby CatNamedRudy » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:50 pm

No. I had it too. I tried to post something and it was taking forever so I closed out and came back and I got that message. Then I came back again and it was fine.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Stu » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:17 pm

Hi

Thanks for highlighting the error you're getting - it's a not uncommon error, but not normally on a forum of the size we're at, and it's a bugger to troubleshoot as it's difficult to reproduce.

It's basically too many people accessing the database at the same exact second, which does include the Search engines looking at the forum too. I'm going to do some investigation and see if I can find some things that I can tweak, but if anyone else is getting the error, they are welcome to post here.

If you do get it, can you check straight after to see what bots are showing in the who's online list on the Board Index page, just so I can build a picture of any commonality in that respect and perhaps whether I need to restrict them a bit in the future.

Thanks

Stu
Frasier Online Webmaster

Frasier: I suppose the situation you're in is that you'd like to stay with Maris but you'd like an affair with Daphne
Niles: Yes. Can I do that?
Frasier: No, you can't!
Stu
Site Admin

Postby Dorset Girl » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:22 pm

Okay, will do. It's not a major problem, though, so don't worry too much - it only lasts a minute or two at the most. :)
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby Moon-Crane » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:30 pm

Yep, i had it happen yesterday afteroon, but it only took 20 seconds or so before i was able to get in. Didn't think anything of it as they can crop up with any database from time to time and it was the first i've noticed for a couple of years. Been ok for the several times i've logged in throughout today.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby tubalcain » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:18 am

Bing bots cause a whole host of problems. Bing collapsed totally at the beginning of December; I guess once Microsoft stop supporting XP in around a year or so that a few more whiteouts will occur in forumsland territory.
tubalcain

Return to Frasier Online Info and Support