Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

The Frasier Quiz

A forum for Frasier and Frasier-related games / polls / quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum.

Re: The Frasier Quiz

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:17 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:
anniemarriott wrote:This is a question for information, rather than a quiz question. Have any of the British members ever heard of an umbrella called a bumbershoot? I never have and I'm British born and bred. Maybe it's a Manchester thing (it was a term used by Daphne).

Nope, this show was the first place i ever heard of the term. There are some threads about it somewhere in the Frasier Discussion board.

I believe after some research we found out it was an American word that some guy made up and said was British. Americans just think it's a British word now. I know I did prior to having that discussion.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Ramona » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:49 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:
anniemarriott wrote:This is a question for information, rather than a quiz question. Have any of the British members ever heard of an umbrella called a bumbershoot? I never have and I'm British born and bred. Maybe it's a Manchester thing (it was a term used by Daphne).

Nope, this show was the first place i ever heard of the term. There are some threads about it somewhere in the Frasier Discussion board.

I believe after some research we found out it was an American word that some guy made up and said was British. Americans just think it's a British word now. I know I did prior to having that discussion.

I'm from Manchester and it's definitely not a Manc thing.
Manc's are more likely to say 'brolly'
"So you've found me. Congratulations"
Ramona

Postby mackerj » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:21 am

jrsightes wrote:What's a steak hamper? Is that one of those terms you Brits have for something we Americans know by another name, like bumbershoot/umbrella? I know the "slaughterhouse 5" was a gift basket with 5 kinds of meat, but Niles doesn't give it to Martin. Martin's friends send it to him as condolences for his "loss" of Frasier ("The Late Dr. Crane").

The funny thing is that hamper means something different in the UK. The US would describe something to keep baby hampers but the UK describes this word as a gift basket like a basket for christmas or for one's birthday. Something one could give containing a variety of small gifts coming together to represent one big - the basket itself.
mackerj

Postby CatNamedRudy » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:57 pm

The only "hamper" I know is what we keep dirty clothes in.
CatNamedRudy

Postby Ramona » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:35 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:The only "hamper" I know is what we keep dirty clothes in.

A wash basket.
"So you've found me. Congratulations"
Ramona

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:22 am

Ramona wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:The only "hamper" I know is what we keep dirty clothes in.

A wash basket.

a hamper is generally more "fancy" than a wash basket or "laundry" basket. The laundry basket is used to bring the wash back and forth to the washing machine whereas the hamper is a storage facility before they go into the laundry basket! :lol:
CatNamedRudy

Re: How many characters does Niles play in the Ham Radio per

Postby nilesandjenni » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:09 am

Wezzo wrote:An art deco mirror?

If yes, how many characters does Niles play in the Ham Radio performance?

He plays 8... technically it was supposed to be six but when 2 of the other "talents" quit mid-show, he took on the other two and "shot everybody" making it a "total bloodbath" (in the words of Marty) because he got so sick of Frasier being his typical self and micro-managing everything and also putting him on the spot!
nilesandjenni

Previous

Return to Frasier Games / Polls / Quizzes