Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Gamer Thread

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Gamer Thread

Postby Ramona » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:13 pm

Anyone like video games?
Xbox, PS3, Retro games?

I'm part way through playing Dead Island but my favourite games are Portal 2, Fallout 3 and any 2D Sonic game.

What have you all been playing recently?
"So you've found me. Congratulations"
Ramona

Re: Gamer Thread

Postby Dorset Girl » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:25 pm

I like retro games! I have a Wii, but barely play it. I also have a Sega Megadrive, which gets played loads. :lol:

I like games on lots of different systems, though. 'Cutesy' platformers, like Sonic, Croc, etc. are my favourite.
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby tenpercenter » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:51 pm

i love the name ramona!
"blood is thicker than port. -
i stand corrected"
tenpercenter

Postby Ramona » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:20 pm

You can't beat a good retro platform game. I grew up with Sega Consoles so naturally I'm a big fan :)
Ramona

Postby Dorset Girl » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:21 pm

Ramona wrote:You can't beat a good retro platform game. I grew up with Sega Consoles so naturally I'm a big fan :)

That's good, we won't have to have the Nintendo / Sega debate then. However... not sure how old you are, so do we need the Commodore / Spectrum argument or are you too young? :lol:
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby Ramona » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:22 pm

tenpercenter wrote:i love the name ramona!

I must confess, that is not my real name. But I love it too.
Ramona

Postby Ramona » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:23 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:
Ramona wrote:You can't beat a good retro platform game. I grew up with Sega Consoles so naturally I'm a big fan :)

That's good, we won't have to have the Nintendo / Sega debate then. However... not sure how old you are, so do we need the Commodore / Spectrum argument or are you too young? :lol:

I had a Spectrum :-)
Ramona

Postby Dorset Girl » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:24 pm

Ramona wrote:
Dorset Girl wrote:

I had a Spectrum :-)

Phew, me too, that's another argument we don't need to have then. :D
Dorset Girl

Postby woggle » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:37 pm

Right now i have a Ps3 , Ps2 and a wii . I did have a 360 till i got bored of them breaking . Loooove gaming esp shooters of which im blasting my way thru battlefield 2 to try n finish it before the 3rd is relead in Oct .

Some of my fav games ever -

Hogs of war ps1
PGR 4 - X-BOX
Any COD
Goldeneye - N64
Daytona - Dreamcast
Just dance 1& 2 - wii
woggle

Postby Dorset Girl » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:06 pm

woggle wrote:Daytona - Dreamcast

Loved the arcade version of Daytona! I don't play games in the arcade very often, but I hate to think how many pounds I spent on that one.
Dorset Girl

Postby Ramona » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:08 pm

Golden eye was a great game on n64!
And I get what you mean about Xbox breaking, although my current Elite has served me well. I want a ps3, mainly to play MGS4 and the Uncharted games.
Not a fan of COD though, I think it's overrated.
Ramona

Postby Dorset Girl » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:11 pm

Has anyone played any of the Elder Scrolls games? I never have, but the graphics for 'Skyrim' look amazing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xwboyaf ... r_embedded
Dorset Girl

Postby Ramona » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:14 pm

:O I AM SOOO EXCITED FOR SKYRIM! haha. Love the Elder Scrolls games :D
Ramona

Postby Ramona » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:16 pm

Also, if you haven't played before, you should definitely play Oblivion
Ramona

Postby Dorset Girl » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:20 pm

Ramona wrote:Also, if you haven't played before, you should definitely play Oblivion

I don't think I've got a system suitable to play it on. When I played games a lot, I used a PC - however, now photography's my main focus in terms of computers, I have a Mac. I should point out that I'm not a crazy Apple fan with a collection of gadgets beginning with 'i', though. :lol:
Dorset Girl

Postby welshben23 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:07 pm

Ramona wrote:Also, if you haven't played before, you should definitely play Oblivion

/Whispers very quietly/ I hated Oblivion. I thought it was very, very overrated. I own both a PS3 and Xbox 360. I do most of my gaming on the 360 because I play online a lot. But my favourite game of all time is for the PS3 - Uncharted 2:Among Thieves, amazing game apart from the end boss. I can't wait until November 1st when Uncharted 3 is released. In the past I have owned :- PS1, PS2, PSP, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DS, Sega Game Gear, Sega Mega Drive and Spectrum.
welshben23

Postby woggle » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:11 pm

Ramona wrote:Golden eye was a great game on n64!
And I get what you mean about Xbox breaking, although my current Elite has served me well. I want a ps3, mainly to play MGS4 and the Uncharted games.
Not a fan of COD though, I think it's overrated.

Im slowly bit by bit being swayed by battlefield nowdays thou the first few COD games were brilliant but the last one i did lose interest innit . I forgot about Uncharted i have almost finished number 2 and love playing it online :D .
woggle

Postby woggle » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:13 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:

Loved the arcade version of Daytona! I don't play games in the arcade very often, but I hate to think how many pounds I spent on that one.

:lol: me to that was way to addictive a game to play at the arcades along with time crisis and the pedal reload system .. god these games take me way way back .
woggle

Postby Ramona » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:34 pm

welshben23 wrote:

/Whispers very quietly/ I hated Oblivion. I thought it was very, very overrated. I own both a PS3 and Xbox 360. I do most of my gaming on the 360 because I play online a lot. But my favourite game of all time is for the PS3 - Uncharted 2:Among Thieves, amazing game apart from the end boss. I can't wait until November 1st when Uncharted 3 is released. In the past I have owned :- PS1, PS2, PSP, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DS, Sega Game Gear, Sega Mega Drive and Spectrum.

I definitely need to get a ps3 soon so I can run through the whole of Uncharted. I've played the first one but I think I'm missing out.
As for Oblivion, it's one of my faves. I didn't have as much fun as in fallout3 but I just love Bethesda games, despite how glitchy they can be at times.

And for me it's Spectrum, Master System, Mega Drive, Game Gear, PS1, PS2, Wii, N64, Nintendo 3DS and XBox 360. :-P
Ramona

Postby welshben23 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:13 am

Dorset Girl wrote:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011- ... -in-europe - Daytona USA coming to Xbox Live and Playstation Network, soon. :D
welshben23

Postby Dorset Girl » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:15 am

welshben23 wrote:
Dorset Girl wrote:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011- ... -in-europe - Daytona USA coming to Xbox Live and Playstation Network, soon. :D

Cool... except that I don't have a Xbox or a PS, never mind. :lol:
Dorset Girl

Postby Paul B » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:29 pm

Is this the new game thread?

If so, has anyone played the new Uncharted? I just finished it today, and it blew me away. It says alot when a game makes Among Thieves look tame by comparison! The game just didn't let up, throwing you from one jaw-droppingly epic set piece to another, upping the ante each time. The story didn't seem as strong as previous entries, but worked nicely as a character study for the friendship between Nate and Sully, and I liked that Nate was explored more in-depth - the playable flashbacks being a definite highlight.

And what's more I did it all on Normal! I usually wimp out and pick the easiest mode, so this was a rough ride at times, but it made the game that much more rewarding by the time the credits began to roll.
Paul B

Postby tenpercenter » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:08 pm

ah i so wanna play uc3
"blood is thicker than port. -
i stand corrected"
tenpercenter

Postby mackerj » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:33 am

I have a ps3 and the old wii at home though I am mainly playing the ps3 at the moment, to say the least. I do get the occasional liking for rpg's but I really fancy racing games. Which is probably why I have a racing wheel and seat set right in front of my lcd tv. This liking probably stems from not being able to let my need for speed out so I have to find some other port to get it out with.
mackerj

Postby Ramona » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:40 pm

tenpercenter wrote:ah i so wanna play uc3

Me too!

I only have Xbox at the moment but I fully intend to pay my friend a visit just so I can play it. The first 2 were amazing and I've heard this one is even better.
Ramona

Next

Return to Off Topic Discussion