Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Re: Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:24 pm

welshben23 wrote:Great! The week I decide to get rid of Aguero for Dzeko, Mancini decides to leave Dzeko on the subs bench AND Aguero scores! I hate this game sometimes. :lol:

Twice :D
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:31 pm

Make that a hat-trick.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:07 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:Ouch, Tevez missed a pen. Bad news for both of us with Silva and not too cracking for my £50 bet.

In other news, Everton have scored :roll: Oh, and so have Stoke. Fucking wank :evil:

I watched the Liverpool game online. Not sure how Suarez never got a goal, although for a lot of build up play Begovic wasn't tested half as much as he should have been. I should have brought in Begovic for Given when i was contemplating it to make sure Stoke didn't keep a clean sheet :roll:
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:09 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:
welshben23 wrote:Great! The week I decide to get rid of Aguero for Dzeko, Mancini decides to leave Dzeko on the subs bench AND Aguero scores! I hate this game sometimes. :lol:

Make that a hat-trick.

:lol: How annoying.

I can't complain at a couple of Silva assists, but i was hoping he'd nick a goal or two in this game. i was expecting 5 or 6 from Man City.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:34 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:
Mr Blue Sky wrote:Ouch, Tevez missed a pen. Bad news for both of us with Silva and not too cracking for my £50 bet.

In other news, Everton have scored :roll: Oh, and so have Stoke. Fucking wank :evil:

I watched the Liverpool game online. Not sure how Suarez never got a goal, although for a lot of build up play Begovic wasn't tested half as much as he should have been. I should have brought in Begovic for Given when i was contemplating it to make sure Stoke didn't keep a clean sheet :roll:

I didn't see any of it. Very painful defeat but at least it should stop daft talk of us competing for the title. Fourth place is going to be hard enough with Spurs and Arsenal both back on track today.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:42 pm

Man Utd have already scored too.

Edit: Make that 3-0 after 25 minutes and a fourth just disallowed for offside. Game well over.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:10 pm

I'm shocked, I honestly thought Bolton would give them a tough game.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby welshben23 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:22 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:
Mr Blue Sky wrote:

Make that a hat-trick.

:lol: How annoying.

I can't complain at a couple of Silva assists, but i was hoping he'd nick a goal or two in this game. i was expecting 5 or 6 from Man City.

:lol: Very annoying. But I can't complain at a couple of Silva assists either and I kept Rooney as my captain and he's already scored twice. Make that a hat-trick please, Wayne.
welshben23

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:04 pm

Decent week for me but equally decent for you Ben which is why I'm still lagging 30 points behind.

I think pretty soon everyone will be forced to have Rooney and Aguero in their front line or risk getting left behind. Not that I expect them to get a hat-trick apiece every week...
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:52 pm

True, but i expect even he'll be rotated with them having Aguero, Dzeko and Tevez to choose from. I wonder how many people swapped in Dzeko this week after putting four past Spurs and having had a blinder of a start to the season in his other games? Like Ben, i can't imagine anybody expected to see him dropped. :D

While we're on Man City. How the hell did EA Sports work out Kompany getting more more bonus points than Silva from Man City's game against Wigan? How annoyingly random. :lol:

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby welshben23 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:10 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:True, but i expect even he'll be rotated with them having Aguero, Dzeko and Tevez to choose from. I wonder how many people swapped in Dzeko this week after putting four past Spurs and having had a blinder of a start to the season in his other games? Like Ben, i can't imagine anybody expected to see him dropped. :D

While we're on Man City. How the hell did EA Sports work out Kompany getting more more bonus points than Silva from Man City's game against Wigan? How annoyingly random. :lol:

:lol: I have no idea, but I've got both of them in my side so it worked out great for me. :D Aah! Do I give Dzeko another chance and hope Mancini plays him or do I make drastic changes to get both Dzeko and Aguero in the team?! Decisions, decisions.
welshben23

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:25 pm

My punt on spending four points to bring in Peter Odemwingie this week really worked a treat :roll: :lol:

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby welshben23 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:26 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:My punt on spending four points to bring in Peter Odemwingie this week really worked a treat :roll: :lol:

:lol: He was pretty useless today.
welshben23

Postby Hans the German Butler » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:13 pm

I made quite a few changes this week so I had to use my wild card so it wouldn't cost me quite so much. It seems to have paid off. I got 21 points from today's games and I still have Rooney, Young, Aguero, Toure, Hart, Downing and Shawcross to play in this gameweek.
ROZ: It's not like she worships the Devil
FRASIER: She doesn't need to, he worships her!
Hans the German Butler

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:57 pm

Hans the German Butler wrote:I made quite a few changes this week so I had to use my wild card so it wouldn't cost me quite so much. It seems to have paid off. I got 21 points from today's games and I still have Rooney, Young, Aguero, Toure, Hart, Downing and Shawcross to play in this gameweek.

Looks like you're in for a good week. I've got Tiote as well but didn't have the foresight to stick him in my first team.

I've also got a nagging feeling that Aguero (who I've got as captain) will be Man City's bench warmer this week. Three into two won't go so it's very hard to predict who will be dropped from Tevez, Dzeko or Aguero :?
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:29 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:
Hans the German Butler wrote:I made quite a few changes this week so I had to use my wild card so it wouldn't cost me quite so much. It seems to have paid off. I got 21 points from today's games and I still have Rooney, Young, Aguero, Toure, Hart, Downing and Shawcross to play in this gameweek.

Looks like you're in for a good week. I've got Tiote as well but didn't have the foresight to stick him in my first team.

I've got him in my squad, too. Never played him, either. :roll: - just got him as an emergency replacement.

I've also got a nagging feeling that Aguero (who I've got as captain) will be Man City's bench warmer this week. Three into two won't go so it's very hard to predict who will be dropped from Tevez, Dzeko or Aguero :?

Ah bollocks. He'll probably play and score five tomorrow :roll: I'm hoping Silva does the business (and gets credited for it in EA Sports wacky world of bonus points). If Aguero doesn't play then Silva's your next in line cap anyway, isn't he?

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:15 am

Moon-Crane wrote:Ah bollocks. He'll probably play and score five tomorrow :roll: I'm hoping Silva does the business (and gets credited for it in EA Sports wacky world of bonus points). If Aguero doesn't play then Silva's your next in line cap anyway, isn't he?

Yeah, that's true. I reckon it'll be Tevez benched looking at things logically, but then there was no logical sense in Mancini dropping Dzeko after his 4 goal haul either. I'm going to be sweating until the line-up's revealved, that's for sure.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:48 pm

Worked out alright for you there. Aguero's on fire. City fans can certainly say "Carlos who?" to their want away star.

Pretty average to crap week for me. Midfield saved me from complete disaster.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:34 pm

Bonuses to come on yet so I'm hoping for another 3 point haul for Aguero. It's beginning to look like Tevez is the odd man out in that strikeforce - I can't see Aguero getting rotated at all now given his goals tally - Dzeko will have to keep producing to keep his place.

Good week for you Hans as predicted :)
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:56 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:Bonuses to come on yet so I'm hoping for another 3 point haul for Aguero. It's beginning to look like Tevez is the odd man out in that strikeforce - I can't see Aguero getting rotated at all now given his goals tally - Dzeko will have to keep producing to keep his place.

Bound to get them. The new system appears to be about cold hard opta-esque statistics rather than the more abstract influence you can see a player have on a game. I'm certain Silva wouldv'e received a couple of sets of max bonus points already if it was still the old system. It's fair enough i suppose. Good news is that Lampard shouldn't be a walking points magnet any more, either :lol:

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:02 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:Bound to get them. The new system appears to be about cold hard opta-esque statistics rather than the more abstract influence you can see a player have on a game. I'm certain Silva wouldv'e received a couple of sets of max bonus points already if it was still the old system. It's fair enough i suppose. Good news is that Lampard shouldn't be a walking points magnet any more, either :lol:

I wouldn't bet on it - Lampard does a lot of the things OPTA really likes such as completing plenty of sideways passes...

I've got to say Abramovich must have been watching his team today and wondering how much more money he has to invest to get them competing for the title again. Lampard, Terry, Anelka and Drogba all need replacing. They'll have enough to finsh a comfortable third this season, no doubt.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:06 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:Bound to get them. The new system appears to be about cold hard opta-esque statistics rather than the more abstract influence you can see a player have on a game. I'm certain Silva wouldv'e received a couple of sets of max bonus points already if it was still the old system. It's fair enough i suppose. Good news is that Lampard shouldn't be a walking points magnet any more, either :lol:

I wouldn't bet on it - Lampard does a lot of the things OPTA really likes such as completing plenty of sideways passes...

I've got to say Abramovich must have been watching his team today and wondering how much more money he has to invest to get them competing for the title again. Lampard, Terry, Anelka and Drogba all need replacing. They'll have enough to finsh a comfortable third this season, no doubt.

He's probably already negotiating with a new manager :P

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:29 pm

Yeah, it's tough to feel too sorry for him :D
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Hans the German Butler » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:55 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:Bonuses to come on yet so I'm hoping for another 3 point haul for Aguero. It's beginning to look like Tevez is the odd man out in that strikeforce - I can't see Aguero getting rotated at all now given his goals tally - Dzeko will have to keep producing to keep his place.

Not as good as I'd hoped considering I used the wildcard and made wholesale changes. City let me down conceding 2 goals, Stoke let me down by losing heavily to Sunderland and Rooney let me down by missing that penalty. But I climbed one place in the league and am still in touch with the early leaders so that's not a bad result.
ROZ: It's not like she worships the Devil
FRASIER: She doesn't need to, he worships her!
Hans the German Butler

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:53 pm

Hans the German Butler wrote:

Not as good as I'd hoped considering I used the wildcard and made wholesale changes. City let me down conceding 2 goals, Stoke let me down by losing heavily to Sunderland and Rooney let me down by missing that penalty. But I climbed one place in the league and am still in touch with the early leaders so that's not a bad result.

He cost me maybe nine points by missing that spot kick, as i'd have also got points for a Nani assist - but it was worth it to see that comedy slip :lol:

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion