Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Re: Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:24 am

Great start from you both. Good move getting Silva, Ben.

Mind, I wouldn't necessarily trust the scores on display at the moment. A lot of people are experiencing totals that don't add up with the individual scores they have reported for their players - so it could change a fair bit yet. :lol:

Bugger knows how Silva's not got any bonus points, although maybe they're only get added at the very end of the gameweek. I don't know how to easily check which players are getting what from matches.

Actually, does anyone even have a clue how the bonus points work this year? Have they changed the basic format of three players getting one, two and three points from a game? If you look at the gameweek one results, you see that there are four Man City players listed as getting bonus points (Silva, Toure, Dzeko & Aguero). If you look at the Wigan v Norwich game it's even funnier. There are four Wigan players (Figueroa, Caldwell, McCarthy, Watson) and three Norwich players (Whitbread, Tierney, De Laet) listed as receiving bonus points - so i've got no idea at all how that works?

I also love how choosing 'data view' this year simply removes the pitch graphic layout of your team and just displays the fixture list that sits beneath it - very useful that :lol:
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby welshben23 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:55 pm

Now the bonus points have been allocated, I'm now 2 points behind woggle. :lol: How the hell did Charlie Adam get 3 bonus points. :wink:
welshben23

Postby woggle » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:11 am

welshben23 wrote:Now the bonus points have been allocated, I'm now 2 points behind woggle. :lol: How the hell did Charlie Adam get 3 bonus points. :wink:

Your ahead of me this morning ...i actually have no idea how they earn a bonus point :?
woggle

Postby welshben23 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:42 am

woggle wrote:
welshben23 wrote:Now the bonus points have been allocated, I'm now 2 points behind woggle. :lol: How the hell did Charlie Adam get 3 bonus points. :wink:

Your ahead of me this morning ...i actually have no idea how they earn a bonus point :?

I am :D But I should be ahead by more. The data page says I got 67 points this week but when I click on the FO league table it gives me 65. 48 and 67 is 115 not 113. Give me an extra 2 points you swines. :lol:
welshben23

Postby Moon-Crane » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:44 am

Every time i log in i seem to have a different score. My total's going up and down like a hooker's panties.

I currently have gameweek points of 39 and 59, but an overall total of 97, so i don't know where that extra point has disappeared off to.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:46 am

Just seen this on the site:-

"We are aware of some temporary problems with scores in some leagues. These are being worked on and will be resolved as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience."

You ain't fucking kidding!

What a load of old shit. I wonder if they've have the guts to regress this upgrade and revert back to the old setup we all knew and loved?
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:49 am

Mr Blue Sky wrote:Just seen this on the site:-

"We are aware of some temporary problems with scores in some leagues. These are being worked on and will be resolved as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience."

You ain't fucking kidding!

What a load of old shit. I wonder if they've have the guts to regress this upgrade and revert back to the old setup we all knew and loved?

:lol:

No chance i'd expect.

I'm still dubious of the bonus points. Wigan v Norwich in gameweek one has seven players listed as bonus points recipients - and surely that gameweek is now boxed off as closed? How can that be right, though?

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby welshben23 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:37 pm

I'm glad I didn't change my Captain. :D
welshben23

Postby Moon-Crane » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:40 pm

welshben23 wrote:I'm glad I didn't change my Captain. :D

The site still says it's updating for me, so no idea what's happening with everybody's teams from today's crazy results, but at least they seem to have ironed out a number of the problems on the site.

No doubt i'll log in later to see everyone with Dzeko or Rooney as captains of their teams :D

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:39 pm

Gamesweek 4 begins tomorrow people! As usual I have plenty of changes to make following the international break :roll:

They seem to have sorted out a few of those early problems with the site as well. At least 'Data View' doesn't bring up the week's fixtures anymore :lol:
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:26 pm

I had a change or two i was looking to make, but was waiting to see what havoc the international break wreaked. I'll take a look this evening and see who's survived.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:38 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:I had a change or two i was looking to make, but was waiting to see what havoc the international break wreaked. I'll take a look this evening and see who's survived.

It's actually not as bad as I'd first feared. Both my 'keepers are potentially out though and I've already used my free transfer on shipping out the injured Welbeck.

Btw, am I being think or is there no way to look at your opponents' teams?
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:48 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:I had a change or two i was looking to make, but was waiting to see what havoc the international break wreaked. I'll take a look this evening and see who's survived.

It's actually not as bad as I'd first feared. Both my 'keepers are potentially out though and I've already used my free transfer on shipping out the injured Welbeck.

Just had a quick look. I've got a keeper situation too. One doubtful and one suspended.

You should be able to go to the league table and click on somebody to see their team from the last gameweek. You have to click specifically on the team name rather than the player or anywhere on the line.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:13 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:
Mr Blue Sky wrote:

Just had a quick look. I've got a keeper situation too. One doubtful and one suspended.

You should be able to go to the league table and click on somebody to see their team from the last gameweek. You have to click specifically on the team name rather than the player or anywhere on the line.

Ah yeas, cheers. Think I must have been trying the player name or something. If I click on 'leagues' on the top bar it still gives me no information whatsoever :roll: I wonder if they'll have everything ironed out by the time next season comes along.

I do like the new players' information panel that gives both recent history and upcoming fixtures in the same box, that's definitely an improvement.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:34 am

Hmmm. The site has Given as doubtful for the game (although they then give him a 75% chancce of being fit when you view the further details), but no other usually reliable site has any mention of any injury doubt whatsoever for him.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby woggle » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:36 am

Moon-Crane wrote:Hmmm. The site has Given as doubtful for the game (although they then give him a 75% chancce of being fit when you view the further details), but no other usually reliable site has any mention of any injury doubt whatsoever for him.

Last time i changed a player because it said 75% doubtfull he played . Had a couple of injuired on my list this morning so had to a make a few changes .
woggle

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:37 am

Moon-Crane wrote:Hmmm. The site has Given as doubtful for the game (although they then give him a 75% chancce of being fit when you view the further details), but no other usually reliable site has any mention of any injury doubt whatsoever for him.

I'm taking a big chance as my reserve 'keeper is suspended so if Given doesn't play I'll definitely only have 10 players this week. Thing is, I haven't been able to find any reliable source saying Given is in any doubt to play whatsoever so I'm going to risk it. It my experience the Fantasy site itself tends to carry the least reliable information.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:53 am

Mr Blue Sky wrote:

I'm taking a big chance as my reserve 'keeper is suspended so if Given doesn't play I'll definitely only have 10 players this week. Thing is, I haven't been able to find any reliable source saying Given is in any doubt to play whatsoever so I'm going to risk it. It my experience the Fantasy site itself tends to carry the least reliable information.

Yep, that's what i've done. I'm risking it based on past experience, as i draw the same conclusions as you.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:52 pm

It's 13:50 and the site has been 'updating' since 11:30. Does it usually take this long? Before this 'revamp' it took half an hour max...
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:51 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:It's 13:50 and the site has been 'updating' since 11:30. Does it usually take this long? Before this 'revamp' it took half an hour max...

Yep, it's always been that slow to update this year. I hope they sort it back to showing the player points as soon as team sheets are released and they know who's starting. You get nothing at the moment. I'm having to get my player news on BBC live text website and Soccer Saturday.

Suprise to see Dzeko benched to give Tevez a start.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:54 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:Yep, it's always been that slow to update this year. I hope they sort it back to showing the player points as soon as team sheets are released and they're starting. You get nothing at the moment. I'm having to get my player news on BBC live text website and Soccer Saturday.

I've got soccer Saturday up on one screen ans Sporting Life's website on another :D

It's shite that the FF site hasn't even updated by kickoff time - you've no idea whether your close rivals are doing well or not... :?

Suprise to see Dzeko benched to give Tevez a start.

Amazing. But then Tevez and Aguero don't look too shoddy a pairing do they :D

I've stuck £50 on a Man City win today, hopefully I won't be sweating too much.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:00 pm

Forgot to mention - the site is still showing Given as doubtful, but he's already been confirmed in the starting lineup. So good news, we've got a keeper. Just need to shut out Everton now - how hard can it be? :wink:

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:16 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:Forgot to mention - the site is still showing Given as doubtful, but he's already been confirmed in the starting lineup. So good news, we've got a keeper. Just need to shut out Everton now - how hard can it be? :wink:

Heh, what a bunch of arse this new site is :lol:

Nice of Aguero to ease my nerves so early on - he's my captain this week as well :D

Good choice to have Silva as your captain M-C - he got the assist. He was my vice.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:21 pm

Ouch, Tevez missed a pen. Bad news for both of us with Silva and not too cracking for my £50 bet.

In other news, Everton have scored :roll: Oh, and so have Stoke. Fucking wank :evil:
Mr Blue Sky

Postby welshben23 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:57 pm

Great! The week I decide to get rid of Aguero for Dzeko, Mancini decides to leave Dzeko on the subs bench AND Aguero scores! I hate this game sometimes. :lol:
welshben23

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion