Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

What character's house/apartment would you most like to live

A forum for Frasier and Frasier-related games / polls / quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum.

Favourite house/apartment

Elliot Bay Towers
51%
The Montana
28%
The Shangrila
2%
Martin's flat (from the Good Son)
2%
Maris and Niles' house
12%
Roz's apartment
5%

Total votes : 43

What character's house/apartment would you most like to live

Postby Gilly » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:45 pm

...in?
Gilly

Re: What character's house/apartment would you most like to

Postby Forever Jung » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:26 pm

:twisted: Maris & Niles' will do me :D
The Cranes of Maine have got my Living Brain
Forever Jung

Postby Moon-Crane » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:10 pm

EBT for me.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby CatNamedRudy » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:13 pm

Elliot Bay without hesitation.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby !Amz! » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:16 pm

I honestly liked Roz's apartment (not the one in the earlier episodes, the one from S6 onwards), could see myself living in it. I couldn't imagine keeping somewhere like EBT all neat and pristine as it was.
!Amz!

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:32 am

!Amz! wrote:I honestly liked Roz's apartment (not the one in the earlier episodes, the one from S6 onwards), could see myself living in it. I couldn't imagine keeping somewhere like EBT all neat and pristine as it was.

If you can afford Frasier's apt, you can afford to hire someone to keep it neat and clean! :)
CatNamedRudy

Postby DHPfan » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:39 am

No votes go to The Shangrila... Hmm.. :) Definitely The Montana for me!!:) Niles' and Maris' house comes pretty close though.. :)
Niles: As some illustrious person once said, popularity is the hallmark of mediocrity.
DHPfan

Postby !Amz! » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:41 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:
!Amz! wrote:I honestly liked Roz's apartment (not the one in the earlier episodes, the one from S6 onwards), could see myself living in it. I couldn't imagine keeping somewhere like EBT all neat and pristine as it was.

If you can afford Frasier's apt, you can afford to hire someone to keep it neat and clean! :)

Ah, never thought of that :lol:
Think any earnings I'll make in future will probably get me Roz's apartment at best!
!Amz!

Postby Ramona » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:05 pm

The Montana. It's well classy!
And I want to check out that secret door bookcase!
"So you've found me. Congratulations"
Ramona

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:40 pm

Ramona wrote:The Montana. It's well classy!
And I want to check out that secret door bookcase!

Just poke Mrs. Dalloway on the bottom!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Frasiertime » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:03 pm

Didn't want to start a new thread for this thought, so I'll post on here. I always wondered why Martin's little apartment in the first episode was so shabby. I know a cop doesn't make much, but wouldn't he and Hester have lived a little better when she was alive? Wouldn't he have had some better furnishings or a little more from their life together? I know they had to have his chair seem shabby, but his whole apartment?
One of the best things about watching Frasier is the rewind button!
Frasiertime

Postby Patrick » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:32 pm

The Montana seems like a death trap , the way the ceiling crashed down! :shock:
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby Patrick » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:48 pm

Frasiertime wrote:Didn't want to start a new thread for this thought, so I'll post on here. I always wondered why Martin's little apartment in the first episode was so shabby. I know a cop doesn't make much, but wouldn't he and Hester have lived a little better when she was alive? Wouldn't he have had some better furnishings or a little more from their life together? I know they had to have his chair seem shabby, but his whole apartment?

I am not sure but didn't he say that he saw the first man on the moon in that chair? That's 69 and the show started in 93, that means the chair was already 24 years old when he moved to Frasier's place! Who keeps a shabby piece of furniture like that for that long! It's unrealistic to think that a few pieces of duct tape would hold it together. A real chair would have fallen apart after that long unless it had been reupholstered and the mechanical parts replaced about three or four times. The only things I have that lasted that long are solid pieces of furniture made in oak and even then the soft parts have been changed already about 3 or 4 times in as many decades. I don't buy that chair thing for one minute.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby Forever Jung » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:49 pm

Frasiertime wrote:Didn't want to start a new thread for this thought, so I'll post on here. I always wondered why Martin's little apartment in the first episode was so shabby. I know a cop doesn't make much, but wouldn't he and Hester have lived a little better when she was alive? Wouldn't he have had some better furnishings or a little more from their life together? I know they had to have his chair seem shabby, but his whole apartment?

:twisted: I was under the impression that Hester had been dead for some time when Frasier first came back to Seattle.
Forever Jung

Postby Patrick » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:54 pm

Forever Jung wrote:

:twisted: I was under the impression that Hester had been dead for some time when Frasier first came back to Seattle.

Last time we saw her was on Cheers in the third season when she threatened Diane, so if she died that year she would have been dead for 9 years when Frasier started.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby Frasiertime » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:38 am

I wonder if we were supposed to assume Martin and Hester spent every penny they made on private schools, universities and the finer things in life for the boys and didn't have much left for themselves. Hester probably made a very good living, though.

I think we were to assume Hester died from lung cancer (if I'm thinking right) and that may have taken a toll financially as well. I'm sure before Martin was shot, he was too proud to take any financial help from either of the boys.
Frasiertime

Postby Frasiertime » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:46 am

One more thing I meant to comment on in regards to Martin's furnishings. Did the little table next to his chair in Frasier's apartment originally belong to Frasier or Martin? Was it meant to be shabby or chic?
Frasiertime

Postby PistolPoet » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:47 am

Frasiertime wrote:One more thing I meant to comment on in regards to Martin's furnishings. Did the little table next to his chair in Frasier's apartment originally belong to Frasier or Martin? Was it meant to be shabby or chic?

I've never really liked that table, but as far as I remember, the chair was he only thing Martin brought with him when he moved in, and he says a few times that the chair is the only thing that belongs to him in the flat (Eddie excluded :)).
It wouldn't surprise me to know that Frasier had paid a lot of money for the table, either, even though to me it looks like something you could drag home from a junkyard.
"Whenever I'm wrong, the world makes a little less sense."
PistolPoet

Postby Frank B » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:58 am

Maris' and Niles' house. Mostly because I would prefer to live in a house over an apartment, and that is the only option.
Frank B

Postby Frank B » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:03 pm

Patrick wrote:I am not sure but didn't he say that he saw the first man on the moon in that chair? That's 69 and the show started in 93, that means the chair was already 24 years old when he moved to Frasier's place! Who keeps a shabby piece of furniture like that for that long! It's unrealistic to think that a few pieces of duct tape would hold it together. A real chair would have fallen apart after that long unless it had been reupholstered and the mechanical parts replaced about three or four times. The only things I have that lasted that long are solid pieces of furniture made in oak and even then the soft parts have been changed already about 3 or 4 times in as many decades. I don't buy that chair thing for one minute.

Actually, my couch and two armchairs are 27 years old now. :)
Frank B

Postby PistolPoet » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:40 pm

Frank B wrote:Actually, my couch and two armchairs are 27 years old now. :)

I've never really thought about it, but my parents have had a lot of their furniture since before I was born, and I'm 26 :). They've had to repair some of it a bit over the years, but it's largely the same as it was when I was little.

About Martin's chair, doesn't Frasier say in They're Playing Our Song that Daphne's vauum cleaner is no match for the "dirt pile 1957"? Meaning that the chair is around Frasier's age?
"Whenever I'm wrong, the world makes a little less sense."
PistolPoet

Postby Patrick » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:52 pm

Frank B wrote:...Actually, my couch and two armchairs are 27 years old now. :)

And that doesn't tell us anything about the current state they are in, what they're made of or how many times they had to be repaired...
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby Frank B » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:10 pm

Patrick wrote:

And that doesn't tell us anything about the current state they are in, what they're made of or how many times they had to be repaired...

Well, they could do with being replaced, but they hold up better than Martin's chair. I don't know what wood they are made from, as they are all covered in leather, and they have never been repaired.

I too remember my grandparents having the same furniture forever.
Frank B

Postby Patrick » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:17 pm

Frank B wrote:
Patrick wrote:

Well, they could do with being replaced, but they hold up better than Martin's chair. I don't know what wood they are made from, as they are all covered in leather, and they have never been repaired.

I too remember my grandparents having the same furniture forever.

Well, good old leather is almost indestructible so that's not really comparable. There are leather covered wooden chairs at my grand parents that they themselves inherited that must be more than a hundred years old and are still intact. Martin's chair is made of cheap fabric as has been mentioned a couple of times, that's much more fragile.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby Forever Jung » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:12 pm

:twisted: I was going to say "it depends how well looked after it is" then I realized what chair we're talking about here :lol:
Forever Jung

Next

Return to Frasier Games / Polls / Quizzes