Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

What has confused you today?

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Re: What has confused you today?

Postby CatNamedRudy » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:43 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:The astounding level of ignorance exhibited by my brother-in-law (red boxes below) continues to amaze me:

Well, conservative whackjob Glen Beck said we should look at the hurricane and the earthquake that hit the east coast a few days before Irene as a blessing because maybe it will get people to understand that the apocalypse is coming and they should learn to stockpile food. I'm pretty sure all the people who are currently under water, without power, have massive property damage or have lost family members don't think this is any type of blessing.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Dorset Girl » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:10 pm

:lol:
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:29 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:Well, conservative whackjob Glen Beck said we should look at the hurricane and the earthquake that hit the east coast a few days before Irene as a blessing because maybe it will get people to understand that the apocalypse is coming and they should learn to stockpile food.

:lol: He's such a nutter.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Dorset Girl » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:20 pm

Couldn't work out why I had stomach ache, then realised I hadn't eaten since breakfast time! :scratch:
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby Dorset Girl » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:01 pm

DIY has confused me today. I'm usually pretty handy (insert your own joke there) but this problem has stumped me. :scratch:
Dorset Girl

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:23 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:DIY has confused me today. I'm usually pretty handy (insert your own joke there) but this problem has stumped me. :scratch:

I'd say you were more wristy than handy.

(well you did ask :wink: )
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Dorset Girl » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:32 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:I'd say you were more wristy than handy.

:o
Dorset Girl

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:42 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:

I think that emoticon indicates you are more mouthy than handy or wristy! :D
CatNamedRudy

Postby Dorset Girl » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:49 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:
Dorset Girl wrote:

I think that emoticon indicates you are more mouthy than handy or wristy! :D

I like to think I'm all three.
Dorset Girl

Postby Dorset Girl » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:52 pm

:scratch:

Dorset Girl

Postby !Amz! » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:19 pm

Why BF always seems to get stroppy over money. He never seems to like it when I take something off of what I'm paying him because he owes me money, then he snaps at me if I work it out wrong.

Like today, I owed him £73.50 for the gas/electricity bill, but he sold my old laptop for me for £40, so I took this off. When I said "so I'm paying you £33.50" he just said "NO, you worked it out wrong again. It's more than that." I know he's got a lot coming out of his account at the moment, but it's no excuse to get nasty with me just because I worked out something wrong (and I'm talking being off by about 80p here). He always seems to play the "I pay the car insurance so I need money more than you" card which not only makes me feel guilty in a sense, but it winds me up too. It's like because he pays the car insurance it makes him think I don't contribute to any bills whatsoever, which is total bullshit as I do, I'm always the one saying "when does the water bill come out?" or "don't I owe you for the Virgin bill this month?" He rarely remembers to pay me his half of the shopping and I have to nag till I get it, and if there's one thing I hate it's asking people for money, even though I'm owed it fair and square.
!Amz!

Postby insaneasperger » Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:51 pm

I think it's the welsh national anthem, but I am not sure lots of drunk welsh people singing and dancing, very confusing, mainly because I am very tired
I Think You Can Call Me Niles Now
insaneasperger

Postby Lil » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:56 am

Dorset Girl wrote::scratch:

:lol: awesome
Lil

Postby Dorset Girl » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:09 pm

How weird is it that someone would put their ebay feedback rating on an online dating profile?! You have space for about ten lines of text, and they take up two valuable lines talking about that?
Dorset Girl

Postby insaneasperger » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:37 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:How weird is it that someone would put their ebay feedback rating on an online dating profile?! You have space for about ten lines of text, and they take up two valuable lines talking about that?

Is the feed back good?? He might think it would impress?! Lolz
insaneasperger

Postby Dorset Girl » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:39 pm

It is good. And he's asked me out... didn't expect that to happen one day after signing up. Not sure what to say! Why am I on the site if I don't want to actually go out with people? However, how do I actually find the time to go on a date?! :scratch:
Dorset Girl

Postby kat » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:44 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:It is good. And he's asked me out... didn't expect that to happen one day after signing up. Not sure what to say! Why am I on the site if I don't want to actually go out with people? However, how do I actually find the time to go on a date?! :scratch:

did you mention Keren cos you could always say that day are akward cos of her (yes I know this is expolitative)
If life gives you lemons, make lemon curd
kat

Postby Dorset Girl » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:45 pm

kat wrote:
Dorset Girl wrote:It is good. And he's asked me out... didn't expect that to happen one day after signing up. Not sure what to say! Why am I on the site if I don't want to actually go out with people? However, how do I actually find the time to go on a date?! :scratch:

did you mention Keren cos you could always say that day are akward cos of her (yes I know this is expolitative)

Yes, I made it clear on my profile that I have a child who takes up most of my time! I kind of want to go, though... just feeling uncharacteristically nervous about actually meeting someone new. :lol:
Dorset Girl

Postby insaneasperger » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:46 pm

Oh I wanna see his feedback now and some more info needed please! If my laptop was working I would join a dating site I thinks.
insaneasperger

Postby kat » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:50 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:
kat wrote:

Yes, I made it clear on my profile that I have a child who takes up most of my time! I kind of want to go, though... just feeling uncharacteristically nervous about actually meeting someone new. :lol:

just say that it's been a while since you have done this and want to meet somehwere casual
If life gives you lemons, make lemon curd
kat

Postby Dorset Girl » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:59 pm

insaneasperger wrote:Oh I wanna see his feedback now and some more info needed please! If my laptop was working I would join a dating site I thinks.

He didn't specify his ebay username. :lol: He's a company manager, for an IT company. He's into photography, and suggested that we take a walk over the hills with our cameras.
Dorset Girl

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:02 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:
insaneasperger wrote:Oh I wanna see his feedback now and some more info needed please! If my laptop was working I would join a dating site I thinks.

He didn't specify his ebay username. :lol: He's a company manager, for an IT company. He's into photography, and suggested that we take a walk over the hills with our cameras.

Don't do that! Seriously.
CatNamedRudy

Postby !Amz! » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:15 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:
Dorset Girl wrote:

Don't do that! Seriously.

Agreed, definitely go somewhere more public for the first meeting or two at least anyway.
!Amz!

Postby Dorset Girl » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:24 pm

Don't worry, I will. :) I've met enough of you FO weirdos to know that. ;)
Dorset Girl

Postby Dorset Girl » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:52 pm

Hmm, chatted to him for a while, had a few comical misunderstandings like when he joked that I should call him 'father' and it took me ages to realise that he was referring to a post I'd just made about confessions. For a moment there I thought he was in to incestual roleplay. :lol:

Anyway - not really possible to tell from just one conversation, but he seems like an interesting bloke. At least he 'dnt type lyk dis', at any rate!

PS. Thanks Cat and Amz for your concern, too - I appreciate it. Meeting someone from a dating site is very different from meeting someone from here, I know.
Dorset Girl

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion