Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

The Last Thing You Downloaded

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Re: The Last Thing You Downloaded

Postby Dorset Girl » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:10 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:
Dorset Girl wrote:Is there such a thing as a site where you can pay to download movies legally, as you can do on Amazon with music?

Thought I could use it to explain how I'm getting hold of movies so quickly when people ask me. :lol:

Lovefilm?

Oh right, do they work on a download basis? Sorry for being so thick, I've not used any services like that before. Lovely jubbly, that'll do nicely. :D
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby Moon-Crane » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:14 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:
Dorset Girl wrote:Is there such a thing as a site where you can pay to download movies legally, as you can do on Amazon with music?

Thought I could use it to explain how I'm getting hold of movies so quickly when people ask me. :lol:

Lovefilm?

Oh right, do they work on a download basis? Sorry for being so thick, I've not used any services like that before. Lovely jubbly, that'll do nicely. :D

yes, they offer downloads. I've never used it so i don't know how comprehensive they are. There's BlinkBox as well, and a few others, but i don't know much about them. Does iTunes not offer movies in the UK too? I never touch iTunes witha bargepole so i don't know, but i thought i'd heard that they do. Lovefilm should be enough to keep people off your back :D
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Moon-Crane » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:39 pm

First episode of Burn Notice S5. Do you still keep up with it, BS?

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:54 am

Moon-Crane wrote:First episode of Burn Notice S5. Do you still keep up with it, BS?

Afraid not. I gave up after the first season. I haven't ruled out going back to it sometime in the future though, I know you regard it very highly.
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:30 pm

Inspired by DG's thread, i decided to pull down a bunch of R4's Desert Island Discs podcasts for a listen. Years since i actually heard the show. Hoping the Bill Bryson and Morrissey ones will be worth a listen. I also had to download the Duncan Bannatyne one after seeing he'd chosen The One And Only by Chesney Hawkes. :lol: What a narcissist.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Dorset Girl » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:38 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:Inspired by DG's thread, i decided to pull down a bunch of R4's Desert Island Discs podcasts for a listen. Years since i actually heard the show. Hoping the Bill Bryson and Morrissey ones will be worth a listen. I also had to download the Duncan Bannatyne one after seeing he'd chosen The One And Only by Chesney Hawkes. :lol: What a narcissist.

It's such a cheesy, catchy, energy filled song, though! Definitely a guilty pleasure for me. :D
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:42 pm

Forgot S4 of True Blood had kicked off Stateside. Just pulling them down tonight.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Cake for Brains » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:35 am

The best thing about spending a night alone at a Premier Inn is that I was able to leech off their Internet and download the whole of Game of Thrones Season 1 in about 90 minutes. :)

I saw the first 2 or 3 eps on Sky Atlantic, but what with moving out and losing Sky, I never managed to catch up. Since then, I've read the George R R Martin novel the first series is based on (which is absolutely superb), so I'm very much looking forward to getting up to speed.
"I don't want to go." - The Tenth Doctor
Cake for Brains

Postby Paul B » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:24 am

Haha, let's hope you don't get caught out. :D

Game of Thrones (the TV series and the book) is indeed superb. I still need to see the remainder of S1 myself. I bought books 2, 3 and 4 yesterday in Tesco as well - they were doing them 3 for £10, which isn't bad.
Paul B

Postby Cake for Brains » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:46 pm

Paul B wrote:Haha, let's hope you don't get caught out. :D

Game of Thrones (the TV series and the book) is indeed superb. I still need to see the remainder of S1 myself. I bought books 2, 3 and 4 yesterday in Tesco as well - they were doing them 3 for £10, which isn't bad.

Yep, the first book was one of the best things I've read in a long time. I don't read much fantasy (though these days I am a full Lord of the Rings convert!), but this was complex, brutal, adult and exciting. I read all 800 pages in about 5 days.

I'll be downloading the second installment to my Kindle next week - maybe we can read it simultaneously? :)
"I don't want to go." - The Tenth Doctor
Cake for Brains

Postby Dorset Girl » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:39 pm

Dexter and Breaking Bad... hoping to watch both tonight, but very undecided about which to watch first!!
Dorset Girl

Postby barnaclelapse » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:17 pm

Downloaded Season Eight of "Curb Your Enthusiasm", but whoever made those packs did a really shitty job, so none of them work very well.

So, I'm just going to have to wait. I've only seen the first episode so far.
barnaclelapse

Postby insaneasperger » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:42 pm

Downloaded some old tunes from iTunes that had disappeared :)

Trying to figure out torrents so I can download more things but it looks a bit confusing
I Think You Can Call Me Niles Now
insaneasperger

Postby Dorset Girl » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:43 pm

insaneasperger wrote:Downloaded some old tunes from iTunes that had disappeared :)

Trying to figure out torrents so I can download more things but it looks a bit confusing

PM me if you want some help, IA!
Dorset Girl

Postby tenpercenter » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:13 am

podcasts, they are the new black!
"blood is thicker than port. -
i stand corrected"
tenpercenter

Postby Moon-Crane » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:19 pm

A few more bootleg Iron Maiden concerts. It's amazing the amount of obscure late 70s/early 80s pub recordings that people seem to dig up.

As an aside, with this being the download thread: I can't remember if a few people around here ever used NinjaVideo, but i'd forgotten about it completely until i read that a bunch of the owners had been hit with jail sentences last month.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/billsinger/2012/01/06/update-ninjavideo-leader-queen-phara-sentenced-in-federal-case/

Thought that was an ok site back in the day. I think there must be bunches of similar sites around nowadays since it was seized (although Ninja were the only ones i recall self hosting content).

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:32 am

Thanks to having more bandwidth than I can shake a shitty stick at (thank you BT Infinity! :D ) I'm currently uploading something to TPB for the first time in 4 years using the site - feels good to give something back. It's an absolute whopper of a torrent - 136GB for all my Blu-Ray transfers of Dexter. Despite uploading at over 1 meg a second I've worked out it will still take three weeks for anyone to get the whole thing and help seed it!
Mr Blue Sky

Postby barnaclelapse » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:50 pm

That's a hell of an upload!

Three weeks really isn't that bad though.
barnaclelapse

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:30 pm

barnaclelapse wrote:That's a hell of an upload!

Three weeks really isn't that bad though.

Bah, I've uploaded 200GB in a little over three days and still no one's downloaded more than a quarter of it! I have a feeling my ISP might be in touch with me soon...
Mr Blue Sky

Postby barnaclelapse » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:50 pm

Let me know how that goes, eh?
barnaclelapse

Postby insaneasperger » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:43 am

Wish I could figure out this download thing. I don't want to pay for Grey's anatomy and Weeds but I have a felling I might have to soon!
insaneasperger

Postby insaneasperger » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:33 pm

Taylor Swift- Safe And Sound
Currently downloading weeds and Britneys current album, I believe :D :D :D :D
insaneasperger

Postby Dorset Girl » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:48 pm

Is it possible that TalkTalk have blocked all access to TPB torrents, rather than just to the site itself? Currently downloading from a general site, lots of seeders but such a slow download speed. This is the first time I've tried downloading since the ban.
Dorset Girl

Postby Paul B » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:08 pm

I don't think that's possible - as far as I know, torrents are made up of literally hundreds or thousands of pieces, all from different sources. Sometimes public trackers are just slow. I don't know about TalkTalk, but BT restrict your download speeds from 4 PM to midnight everyday so you could be experiencing something similar.
Paul B

Postby Dorset Girl » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:29 pm

Okay, thanks Paul!
Dorset Girl

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion