Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

You learn something new every day

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Re: You learn something new every day

Postby Dorset Girl » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:56 pm

Heh, in a fortnight's time, I'm going to be making a post something like:

OMG, now I'm actually going to have to go out with boss's friend, aren't I? How did this happen?
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby insaneasperger » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:57 pm

Yep, is he cute though???? if he seems a bit weird chuck him over here, I will have a go
I Think You Can Call Me Niles Now
insaneasperger

Postby Dorset Girl » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:58 pm

Oh God, I've got a notification to say he's replied. I don't think I can bear to open it!
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby Agides » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:58 pm

This ^^ isn't something new I learnt, but it does confirm why I really f*cking hate Facebook and never intend to join it.
I've got a fake laugh with your name written all over it.
Agides

Postby Dorset Girl » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:00 am

Agides wrote:This ^^ isn't something new I learnt, but it does confirm why I really f*cking hate Facebook and never intend to join it.

I hate it too, Agides, but I love it as well. What's that saying? 'There's a fine line between love and hate.'
Dorset Girl

Postby insaneasperger » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:01 am

OH MY GOSH

Damn you DG, you have me posting and message really weird posts now!!!!! ARGH bloody hell

OPEN IT OPEN IT OPEN IT get it over with!!!

oooo the suspense is too much for me!!!!

Why I care so much I have no idea, but it is stopping me from doing pretty much the same thing on Facebook, I have already written and deleted 13 comments/messages :shock: :oops:
insaneasperger

Postby Forever Jung » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:02 am

Dorset Girl wrote:Okay, yeah, it wasn't too bad, was it? *Tries to convince self that it's okay*

:twisted: It is.
I've sent a hell of a lot worse than that after a few drinks :oops:

If you think there is anything left to make an excuse for, slip into the convo that you've just finished a bottle of wine :wink:

Dorset Girl wrote:Um, I think I only liked his friend because he was revealing so many secrets about boss, who was squirming quite a lot. :lol: He's bound to tell him that I asked if he was single, but that's all right because I'll probably never see the bloke again anyway.

Strange that you should ask if he's single though if you have no real interest.

[amateur phyco babble mode]
Perhaps it's possible that you want to see what your boss' reaction is if you show interest in another man?
[/amateur phyco babble mode]
The Cranes of Maine have got my Living Brain
Forever Jung

Postby Dorset Girl » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:04 am

Haha, God help us, IA! Except that I don't believe in God, so that ain't gonna happen for me.

Okay, so here is my post and his response:

Me: Anyway, you haven't answered my question (which in all fairness, I didn't actually ask in so many words), which is - is **** single?
(I'm going to wish I had that 'delete' button again in a minute, aren't I?!)

Him: Yessssssss.

How do I respond now so as not to make an even further twat of myself? Or should I not respond at all? I can't make sensible decisions, someone make them for me!
Dorset Girl

Postby insaneasperger » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:06 am

I would reply with:

Good cus I think he would be great for my friend....

out of it with a little dignity left !

And God won't help me either, as I am Pagan!
insaneasperger

Postby Dorset Girl » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:07 am

Forever Jung wrote:Strange that you should ask if he's single though if you have no real interest.

[amateur phyco babble mode]
Perhaps it's possible that you want to see what your boss' reaction is if you show interest in another man?
[/amateur phyco babble mode]

I've been trying to work that out myself! My colleagues have told my boss outright (hehe, I keep actually typing his name by accident) that I'm attracted to him. I lied my way out of it convincingly, but then a couple of days later I made the mistake of playing it overcool so I expect he thinks I do now. So - maybe by asking if his friend, who is totally different from him, is single, I was trying to convince boss that I didn't have feelings for him?
Dorset Girl

Postby Agides » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:07 am

Dorset Girl wrote:
Agides wrote:This ^^ isn't something new I learnt, but it does confirm why I really f*cking hate Facebook and never intend to join it.

I hate it too, Agides, but I love it as well. What's that saying? 'There's a fine line between love and hate.'

And I know that I'm a total weirdo/social inadequate for not being swept along on the tidal wave of love for it. Never having been on it (or even been tempted to) is a real conversation-killer these days! For example:

Person X: I'll add you to my friends on Facebook.
Me: I'm sorry, I'm not on Facebook.
X: Twitter, then.
Me: Sorry, I'm not on that either.
X: MySpace?
Me: Nor that.
X: Oh. *sidles away before breaking into full run*

:|
Agides

Postby Dorset Girl » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:08 am

insaneasperger wrote:I would reply with:

Good cus I think he would be great for my friend....

out of it with a little dignity left !

And God won't help me either, as I am Pagan!

Ooh, that's an interesting idea. I'm going to wait awhile before sending anything back. Wouldn't want him to think I'm hanging around on Facebook waiting for his messages or anything. :lol:

*Facepalm*
Dorset Girl

Postby Forever Jung » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:09 am

:twisted: Safest thing is something like...................

"LOL, ignore me i've just polished off a bottle of wine.
So, (general chat about work tomorrow)"

Or IA's idea about him being good for someone you know.
Forever Jung

Postby Dorset Girl » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:11 am

Agides wrote:And I know that I'm a total weirdo/social inadequate for not being swept along on the tidal wave of love for it. Never having been on it (or even been tempted to) is a real conversation-killer these days! For example:

Person X: I'll add you to my friends on Facebook.
Me: I'm sorry, I'm not on Facebook.
X: Twitter, then.
Me: Sorry, I'm not on that either.
X: MySpace?
Me: Nor that.
X: Oh. *sidles away before breaking into full run*

:|

Agides, I respect and admire you for not getting sucked in... seriously, I do! And I mean this next bit seriously, too - Facebook is scarily powerful, I'm saying with no hint of sarcasm that it has more power than any government or organisation in the World. On a personal level, it can make and break people's lives, and on a political and legal level, it can have enormous, immediate impact. It's all the more scary because it's impossible to regulate each and every user's input. Anyone can say anything, and it spreads around like wildfire.
Dorset Girl

Postby Dorset Girl » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:17 am

Forever Jung wrote::twisted: Safest thing is something like...................

"LOL, ignore me i've just polished off a bottle of wine.
So, (general chat about work tomorrow)"

Or IA's idea about him being good for someone you know.

Hmm, okay... let me try to think about this logically! I've used the alcohol excuse before, so he'd probably see through that. Re. saying that my friend might like him - then he might wonder why I'd said the thing about the delete button.

Fuckit, I think perhaps I just won't respond at all!

Heh, d'you know what would be really funny? That's if I've left myself logged into FO in my office 200 miles away, and he uses my PC (which he does frequently) and finds the site.

Just in case he does... if you're reading this, stop spying on me! PS. I love yoooouuuuu!!!
Dorset Girl

Postby Agides » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:19 am

I'm with IA on this one - tell him you're asking for a friend and I'll be your alibi if you like. :)
(I would have preferred to go down my usual route of screening potential suitors by asking for 12 months' worth of bank statements and a couple of personal references, but beggars can't be choosers! :wink: )
Agides

Postby Forever Jung » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:21 am

Dorset Girl wrote:Hmm, okay... let me try to think about this logically! I've used the alcohol excuse before, so he'd probably see through that. Re. saying that my friend might like him - then he might wonder why I'd said the thing about the delete button.

Fuckit, I think perhaps I just won't respond at all!

Heh, d'you know what would be really funny? That's if I've left myself logged into FO in my office 200 miles away, and he uses my PC (which he does frequently) and finds the site.

Just in case he does... if you're reading this, stop spying on me! PS. I love yoooouuuuu!!!

:twisted: It'd be like walking through someones house and then finding a shrine to you tucked away somewhere :lol:
A bit like when Frasier went to get the tapd from his number 1 fan.
Thint it would be a bit freaky :shock: :lol:
Forever Jung

Postby Dorset Girl » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:23 am

Agides wrote:I'm with IA on this one - tell him you're asking for a friend and I'll be your alibi if you like. :)
(I would have preferred to go down my usual route of screening potential suitors by asking for 12 months' worth of bank statements and a couple of personal references, but beggars can't be choosers! :wink: )

:lol: That last sentence cracked me up! Okay, I'll do that, then. You don't think it would sound suss cuz I said the thing about the delete button?
Dorset Girl

Postby Forever Jung » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:24 am

:twisted: Right, meine frau has just told me she's ready to go home (i'm looking forward to a bit of fresh air, it's bloody boiling :evil: ) so i'm offski for the night.

Good luck with your boss DG :lol:
Forever Jung

Postby insaneasperger » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:25 am

:D

I think DG and I have gone crazy in love!

And FJ, stop finding my secret shrines!!! (I did actually have a room like Frasiers No 1 fan, but took it all down after watching that ep, as it scared me shitless!)
insaneasperger

Postby Dorset Girl » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:25 am

Forever Jung wrote: :twisted: It'd be like walking through someones house and then finding a shrine to you tucked away somewhere :lol:
A bit like when Frasier went to get the tapd from his number 1 fan.
Thint it would be a bit freaky :shock: :lol:

I know... how psycho do I sound?! :shock:

Do other people go through things like this (and have the sense to keep it to themselves!) or is it just me?!

Actually, others must experience it, otherwise The Divine Comedy would never have written Everybody Knows.
Dorset Girl

Postby Dorset Girl » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:26 am

Forever Jung wrote::twisted: Right, meine frau has just told me she's ready to go home (i'm looking forward to a bit of fresh air, it's bloody boiling :evil: ) so i'm offski for the night.

Good luck with your boss DG :lol:

Okay, see you FJ! Ta for your insight. :D

Jeez, how did it get to be 12.26am?!
Dorset Girl

Postby Dorset Girl » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:27 am

insaneasperger wrote:I think DG and I have gone crazy in love!

Aw, IA! I didn't know you felt that way about me. ;)
Dorset Girl

Postby insaneasperger » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:34 am

Dorset Girl wrote:
insaneasperger wrote:I think DG and I have gone crazy in love!

Aw, IA! I didn't know you felt that way about me. ;)

I hide it so well I know, but sometimes it just all pours out like I have tourettes as well as everything else! :wink: :lol:
insaneasperger

Postby Dorset Girl » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:40 am

insaneasperger wrote:I hide it so well I know, but sometimes it just all pours out like I have tourettes as well as everything else! :wink: :lol:

Jeez, things are getting complicated now.

So:
1. I have my 'true love' who I'd happily grow old with, except that he is already attached, miles away and unavailable. :(
2. I have my (also unavailable) boss, who becomes the object of my affections as a substitute for no. 1.
3. I have Agides, who is thinking that she should maybe be bicurious but isn't that keen on the idea.
4. I have IA, who has just revealed that she loves me, but is really far more in love with someone else!

Hmm. :?
Last edited by Dorset Girl on Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dorset Girl

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion