home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Dexter thread

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Re: Dexter thread

Postby Cake for Brains » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:26 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:
Cake for Brains wrote:I think this is good news;

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/s64/de ... eries.html

I think so too! Rightly or wrongly I've blamed him for a lot of the things that haven't gone right this season. His successor Scott Buck has written some of my favourite episodes of Dexter so my hopes are high that next season will feel much more Dexter-ish.

Yep, and Buck also wrote lots of excellent Six Feet Under episodes too.
"I don't want to go." - The Tenth Doctor
Cake for Brains

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:24 pm

Cake for Brains wrote:
Mr Blue Sky wrote:
Cake for Brains wrote:I think this is good news;

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/s64/de ... eries.html

I think so too! Rightly or wrongly I've blamed him for a lot of the things that haven't gone right this season. His successor Scott Buck has written some of my favourite episodes of Dexter so my hopes are high that next season will feel much more Dexter-ish.

Yep, and Buck also wrote lots of excellent Six Feet Under episodes too.

Oh great, I didn't realise he was involved in that too. Shame they didn't promote him straight to showrunner instead of bringing in Chip Johannessen for season 5. It feels a little like when Joe Keenan took over joint showrunning duties on Frasier :D

Edit: Woah, just looked up his CV and saw he wrote 'That's My Dog' on SFU :shock: Brilliant performance from MCH in that ep but it's one episode of TV I don't think I'll ever want to watch again.
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:21 pm

Dexter the third most pirated show of 2010

The full top ten list of 2010's most pirated television series is as follows:

1. Lost - 5,940,000
2. Heroes - 5,480,000
3. Dexter - 3,880,000
4. The Big Bang Theory - 3,270,000
5. House - 2,610,000
6. How I Met Your Mother - 2,490,000
7. 24 - 2,240,000
8. True Blood - 1,920,000
9. Glee - 1,700,000
10. Family Guy - 1,620,000

Heh, it must be galling for Dexter and especially the cancelled Heroes that the number of people downloading the show for free exceeds the number of people tuning in on first broadcast. I'd be quite happy to pay to download Dexter if there was a legal way of doing that within hours of the US broadcast. I can't do it through Showtime as I live in the UK.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Dorset Girl » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:37 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:I'd be quite happy to pay to download Dexter if there was a legal way of doing that within hours of the US broadcast.

Snap.
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby Moon-Crane » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:30 am

Mr Blue Sky wrote:Dexter the third most pirated show of 2010

The full top ten list of 2010's most pirated television series is as follows:

1. Lost - 5,940,000
2. Heroes - 5,480,000
3. Dexter - 3,880,000
4. The Big Bang Theory - 3,270,000
5. House - 2,610,000
6. How I Met Your Mother - 2,490,000
7. 24 - 2,240,000
8. True Blood - 1,920,000
9. Glee - 1,700,000
10. Family Guy - 1,620,000

Heh, it must be galling for Dexter and especially the cancelled Heroes that the number of people downloading the show for free exceeds the number of people tuning in on first broadcast. I'd be quite happy to pay to download Dexter if there was a legal way of doing that within hours of the US broadcast. I can't do it through Showtime as I live in the UK.

Me too. Same goes for stuff like Sons of Anarchy, Breaking Bad, Californication, etc. I think more should be done to get channels broadcasting over here within the same week it runs stateside. They do it with a lot more shows nowadays but there's still a way to go. Leaving it for six months to a year is just too long to wait in this day and age.

I've always thought that tv producers and marketing people should be making use of these kinds of download figures when it comes to offering product placement slots in tv shows. The audience is obviously greater than simply taking figures from estimated tv viewing figures when it comes to setting advertising rates.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:01 pm

Music to my ears! :D

Showtime's Entertainment President sees a long future for 'Dexter'

Woohoo! I've not even nearly had my fill yet, which I thought I might have after 5 seasons. Despite a lacklustre 5th season Dexter (the character) now has a completely blank slate - no baggage from the end of S5 - for the writers to go back to basics and produce a really thrilling sixth season. I guess the longevity of the show will largely be decided by how much longer MCH wants to pound the TV treadmill.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:05 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:Me too. Same goes for stuff like Sons of Anarchy, Breaking Bad, Californication, etc. I think more should be done to get channels broadcasting over here within the same week it runs stateside. They do it with a lot more shows nowadays but there's still a way to go. Leaving it for six months to a year is just too long to wait in this day and age.

I've always thought that tv producers and marketing people should be making use of these kinds of download figures when it comes to offering product placement slots in tv shows. The audience is obviously greater than simply taking figures from estimated tv viewing figures when it comes to setting advertising rates.

I meant to comment on this a while back. I totally agree with the use of PP, as long as it's not too obvious. They should certainly use those stats above when selling slots on the show, and I'm sure they do.

I bet those thermal tops Dex wears as part of his 'killsuit' have suddenly become very popular :D
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:22 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:Music to my ears! :D

Showtime's Entertainment President sees a long future for 'Dexter'

Woohoo! I've not even nearly had my fill yet, which I thought I might have after 5 seasons. Despite a lacklustre 5th season Dexter (the character) now has a completely blank slate - no baggage from the end of S5 - for the writers to go back to basics and produce a really thrilling sixth season. I guess the longevity of the show will largely be decided by how much longer MCH wants to pound the TV treadmill.

That's interesting. Good news.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:41 am

Been re-watching S5 in anticipation of the new season. Even though it's my last favourite season so far the opening traumatic episode is brilliantly acted. The flashback scenes in particular between Dexter and Rita are superb - MCH slips so easily back into the dehumanized emotionless person we met at the start of S1, perfectly illustrating how much he's developed the character over the previous 4 seasons.

With all due respect to Bryan Cranston and Jon Hamm I reckon Michael C Hall is the best TV actor currently plying his trade.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:12 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:Been re-watching S5 in anticipation of the new season. Even though it's my last favourite season so far the opening traumatic episode is brilliantly acted. The flashback scenes in particular between Dexter and Rita are superb - MCH slips so easily back into the dehumanized emotionless person we met at the start of S1, perfectly illustrating how much he's developed the character over the previous 4 seasons.

With all due respect to Bryan Cranston and Jon Hamm I reckon Michael C Hall is the best TV actor currently plying his trade.

I just rewatched that S5 opener when it started on FX last weekend. I think it's a great episode.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby tenpercenter » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:52 am

hey i love six feet under

is this just as good?
no spoilers please
"blood is thicker than port. -
i stand corrected"
tenpercenter

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:18 pm

tenpercenter wrote:hey i love six feet under

is this just as good?
no spoilers please

You can't really compare it to Six Feet Under but it's an awesome show.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:05 pm

New S6 Trailer Online

Looks damn good fun :D

October 2nd is the official airdate for the premier - hope we get a leak online before that.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:40 pm

Heh, I think we must have done all our S6 posting on the TV thread rather than here.

Anyhow, the new teaser trailer for S7 appeared a couple of days back. Not much in there as you'd expect with the airdate still three months away but wow, that audio exchange between Deb and Dexter was haunting and will surely be the first thing we hear when the first ep of S7 begins.

I'm just dying to know how they play this - I'm kind of hopeful for a full 50 minute episode of just Debra and Dexter talking in that church but I think it's more likely that scene will end pretty quickly with Deb running away hysterical or something.

I'm really excited but nervous as well as the path they've chosen to go down could easily kill the show as we know it.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:22 pm

If they go down that path I may very well not watch. It's just wrong on about a bazillion levels!
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:36 pm

Haven't seen that trailer. I'll go check it out now. Only news i've heard relating to S7 are the cast additions signed up for it.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby insaneasperger » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:01 pm

It looks really good! Can't wait, although I think I'll need to figure out how to download it as not waiting until early next year to catch it on sky!
I Think You Can Call Me Niles Now
insaneasperger

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:38 am

insaneasperger wrote:It looks really good! Can't wait, although I think I'll need to figure out how to download it as not waiting until early next year to catch it on sky!

If you need any help let me know :)
Mr Blue Sky

Postby insaneasperger » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:09 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:
insaneasperger wrote:It looks really good! Can't wait, although I think I'll need to figure out how to download it as not waiting until early next year to catch it on sky!

If you need any help let me know :)

I think I will most probably be taking you up on that offer! Thanks BS
I Think You Can Call Me Niles Now
insaneasperger

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:28 pm

Wow, The First Two Minutes of Season 7 have been officially previewed by Showtime at Comic-con, I'm shocked and delighted they've made this officially available two and a half months in advance :D

The clip obviously contains spoilers, as will my next bit...

Spoiler: show
I think they've made a really clever move here - Deb looks like she'll still be in the dark to a large extent even though she's obviously aware of that one murder. No doubt the final two seasons will see Deb uncover more and more horrifying details about Dexter the seriel killer but I think it's great that she won't be fully aware of Dex's true nature until probably the show's end (or her end, whichever comes first :wink: )

September 30th - it seems such a long way off :bounce:
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Dorset Girl » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:44 pm

I knooooowww.... I can't wait! :D
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby Moon-Crane » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:00 pm

Think i'm going to have to mosey on over to that linked site and take a look at that teaser.

Edit: Intriguing :D It needs to hurry up and start.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Previous

Return to Off Topic Discussion