Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Dear Diary

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Re: Dear Diary

Postby kat » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:15 pm

well I've fucked up again, been sorf of seeing this guy called Michael and he came round tonight, normal evening, until he started to say that I seemed a little distant and thought we we going a little too slowly for his liking (we've been on one date and to the pub once) and he got me to open up about my feelings which usually ends badly and he got me to admit that in the past week or so that I have come to terms with the fact that I am far from over Harland (despite the inital anger) and it all went downhill from there the last thing he said to me was that he "hopes he doesn't bump into me in town and the next time I go into a pit of despair not to drag anyone on with me" but the bit that hurts the most is I was entirley honest about the events of the past year on our first date and he seemed OK with it but at the first sign of me going through a rough patch he bolts and tells me he never wants to see me again whilst going on to me that I should respect the fact that he has feelings too? I hate to be so general but men can be such bastards at times
If life gives you lemons, make lemon curd
kat

Postby Dorset Girl » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:18 pm

Ugh, you have my sympathies, Kat. :( Maybe it's just as well you found out about his apparent double standards now, rather than later! That sucks though, hope you're okay.
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby kat » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:20 pm

I've just got off the phone with my cousin who said pretty much the same things as you and Lynda is coming round tomorrow, but I'm not excactly turning cartwheels
kat

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:29 pm

Men are the most confusing creatures on the planet. I fail to understand most things they do. (I'm sure they say the same thing about us).

I hope things look up for you Kat.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby insaneasperger » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:59 pm

Hope things get better for you soon Kat,

I satart college tomorrow and I'm rather nervous.....
I Think You Can Call Me Niles Now
insaneasperger

Postby Dorset Girl » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:42 am

insaneasperger wrote:I satart college tomorrow and I'm rather nervous.....

Best of luck, IA - although I'm probably too late and you're there already. Bet you're doing fine!
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby Moon-Crane » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:03 pm

kat wrote:well I've fucked up again, been sorf of seeing this guy called Michael and he came round tonight, normal evening, until he started to say that I seemed a little distant and thought we we going a little too slowly for his liking (we've been on one date and to the pub once) and he got me to open up about my feelings which usually ends badly and he got me to admit that in the past week or so that I have come to terms with the fact that I am far from over Harland (despite the inital anger) and it all went downhill from there the last thing he said to me was that he "hopes he doesn't bump into me in town and the next time I go into a pit of despair not to drag anyone on with me" but the bit that hurts the most is I was entirley honest about the events of the past year on our first date and he seemed OK with it but at the first sign of me going through a rough patch he bolts and tells me he never wants to see me again whilst going on to me that I should respect the fact that he has feelings too? I hate to be so general but men can be such bastards at times

Yep, some men are bastards and some women are bitches. As DG said, better to find out what the guy was like sooner rather than later.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Moon-Crane » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:04 pm

insaneasperger wrote:Hope things get better for you soon Kat,

Hope it's gone well :)
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby insaneasperger » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:13 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:
insaneasperger wrote:Hope things get better for you soon Kat,

Hope it's gone well :)

Thanks DG and M-C!

It went fairly well, my tutor/lecturer is cool, and I was the first person to finish the assessment!
nobody really spoke to me though, until the afternoon when I we went bowling, then some cute guys were chatting to me so it was ok.
First lesson on friday though, so hopefully will get chatting to people then, one of my set texts is trainspotting, so I am got the dvd and will watch it tomorrow so I have a basic idea of whats going on!
insaneasperger

Postby kat » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:14 pm

makes me want to be back in 6th form, scary thing is it was 7 years ago I started, those were the days etc etc :lol:
kat

Postby insaneasperger » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:20 pm

kat wrote:makes me want to be back in 6th form, scary thing is it was 7 years ago I started, those were the days etc etc :lol:

it was 5 years age that I started college for the first time, and I hope this time will be just as fun!
insaneasperger

Postby CatNamedRudy » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:24 pm

insaneasperger wrote:
kat wrote:makes me want to be back in 6th form, scary thing is it was 7 years ago I started, those were the days etc etc :lol:

it was 5 years age that I started college for the first time, and I hope this time will be just as fun!

You started college at age 5? You are a smart cookie IA! :lol:

Seriously, I hope things go well for you. Sounds like things were good your first day from what you put on FB!
CatNamedRudy

Postby insaneasperger » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:38 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:
insaneasperger wrote:

You started college at age 5? You are a smart cookie IA! :lol:

Seriously, I hope things go well for you. Sounds like things were good your first day from what you put on FB!

Yeh I am smart! :oops: :oops: :oops: Not gonna edit it cause your post won't make sense, I need to concentrate! my first day was good yeh!
insaneasperger

Postby Lil » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:19 pm

kat wrote:well I've fucked up again, been sorf of seeing this guy called Michael and he came round tonight, normal evening, until he started to say that I seemed a little distant and thought we we going a little too slowly for his liking (we've been on one date and to the pub once) and he got me to open up about my feelings which usually ends badly and he got me to admit that in the past week or so that I have come to terms with the fact that I am far from over Harland (despite the inital anger) and it all went downhill from there the last thing he said to me was that he "hopes he doesn't bump into me in town and the next time I go into a pit of despair not to drag anyone on with me" but the bit that hurts the most is I was entirley honest about the events of the past year on our first date and he seemed OK with it but at the first sign of me going through a rough patch he bolts and tells me he never wants to see me again whilst going on to me that I should respect the fact that he has feelings too? I hate to be so general but men can be such bastards at times

Yikes. Sorry that happened, Kat. Some men are real jerks.
Lil

Postby kat » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:40 pm

Lil wrote:

Yikes. Sorry that happened, Kat. Some men are real jerks.

as I have been repeatedly (to the point of threats against the nest person who says it) been told I am too good for him
kat

Postby Stratman » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:19 pm

Women. You can't live with them, pass the beer nuts.
Stratman

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:23 pm

Men! You can't live with them. You can't toss them out on the curb when you're finished with them.
CatNamedRudy

Postby Dorset Girl » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:39 pm

Children! You can't live with them. You can't shove them back into the womb.
Dorset Girl

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:43 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:Children! You can't live with them. You can't shove them back into the womb.

:lol: Yikes! That would hurt more than coming out I think!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Dorset Girl » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:46 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:
Dorset Girl wrote:Children! You can't live with them. You can't shove them back into the womb.

:lol: Yikes! That would hurt more than coming out I think!

That's a paraphrased version of a Frasier quote, from one of his radio callers, isn't it? I can't remember which episode it's from.

EDIT: Ahah, this one!
Dorset Girl

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:03 pm

Didn't remember that particular quote. Probably because I don't really like that episode. But the quote is really funny.
CatNamedRudy

Postby barnaclelapse » Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:28 pm

Dear Diary:

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Or something.

(Bows)

Thank you.
barnaclelapse

Postby Dorset Girl » Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:33 pm

Barnaclelapse - I dreamt about you last night, but something unpleasant happened to you, so perhaps I'd better not share. :lol:
Dorset Girl

Postby Dorset Girl » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:54 pm

Hmm, I managed to get to that Counselling session. Except that it wasn't counselling because they're fully booked up for three months, apparently. It was CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) which, for anyone who's not familiar with it, is about deconstructing negative thoughts and proving to ourselves why they're irrational (or something like that!).

She gave me this little 'flow diagram' thing to work through, but it didn't work at all, because every time I described a negative thought, she said that it was perfectly rational, and therefore I didn't need to change my behaviour towards it. So I left feeling more confused than I was when I went in! :scratch:
Dorset Girl

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:33 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:Hmm, I managed to get to that Counselling session. Except that it wasn't counselling because they're fully booked up for three months, apparently. It was CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) which, for anyone who's not familiar with it, is about deconstructing negative thoughts and proving to ourselves why they're irrational (or something like that!).

She gave me this little 'flow diagram' thing to work through, but it didn't work at all, because every time I described a negative thought, she said that it was perfectly rational, and therefore I didn't need to change my behaviour towards it. So I left feeling more confused than I was when I went in! :scratch:

Christ, wih the distance you had to travel and the childcare arrangements you made you'll have been hoping for something a little more productive. I take it you'll be knocking it on the head now then?
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion